Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 johnnyz

thanks to everyone for the replys,i see the train tickets up on ticketmaster now,as usual with ticketmaster you have to pay extra cost on top of the ticket itself,honestly prefer to go by bus so if anyone hears anything please let me know,again thanks for the replys aprreciate it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbsYINVR9bU last night......l cant fecking wait...my 1st springsteen concert!! :D

If anyone gets a chance go to wreckingballweekender.com to see the bus eireann tickets that i am talking about,theres a link to the bus eireann website where i cant find out any info,if anyone else can use the bus eireann link to find the springsteen link please tell me how,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

johnnyz wrote: »
    If anyone gets a chance go to wreckingballweekender.com to see the bus eireann tickets that i am talking about,theres a link to the bus eireann website where i cant find out any info,if anyone else can use the bus eireann link to find the springsteen link please tell me how,thanks
    Getting there by Bus
    Outbound.
    Coaches to depart Custom House Quay, Dublin at midday on both Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th July and operate direct to Kilkenny.

Return
    Return coaches will depart from Kilkenny at midnight on both Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th July, all coaches will operate direct to Dublin city

Bus Ticket €30 return

Bus Éireann will also sell through its usual sales channels i.e. www.buseireann.ie, Busáras ticket office and CIÉ desk in Dublin Airport .

www.buseireann.ie

Only updated for cork gig at the minute:>http://www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=357

anyone know anything for kerry to limerick or kilkenny??

• Advertisement

thanks thats all the info i can find myself,theres nothing for the dublin to kilkenny return,any idea when these tickets are coming out,its getting a bit near now surely there are others like myself looking for these tickets its getting close to the gigs would like to have transport organised asap,thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 4893

Im staying in Portlaoise... wondering is there any buses going from there??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,284 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

For the Pairc Ui Chaoimh gig what time are people heading down? Myself and my friends were thinking 4pm - is this way too late? Will there be big crowds from very early? Never been to a Springsteen concert before so don't know what to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Everlong1

leahyl wrote: »
    For the Pairc Ui Chaoimh gig what time are people heading down? Myself and my friends were thinking 4pm - is this way too late? Will there be big crowds from very early? Never been to a Springsteen concert before so don't know what to expect.

The key question is do you want to get into the pit or not. I'm assuming you know what the pit system is. Anyone who wants to have a chance of getting into the pit needs to start queueing from around 2.30 AT THE LATEST. That applies to all the gigs not just Cork.

Everlong1 wrote: »
    The key question is do you want to get into the pit or not. I'm assuming you know what the pit system is. Anyone who wants to have a chance of getting into the pit needs to start queueing from around 2.30 AT THE LATEST.

Yeah, I'm not sure if we're too bothered about that - wouldn't mind being relatively close to the stage but it's not essential that we are in the pit. I guess 4/5pm will be ok so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Love to know if there's going to be a pit in Kilkenny or not

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MatthewMonster

nm wrote: »

Me too, I'm planning on going to both gigs!

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Everlong1

nm wrote: »

The pit system is pretty much standard now for all open air gigs. You could safely assume there will be one for all Springsteen's gigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Everlong1 wrote: »
    The pit system is pretty much standard now for all open air gigs. You could safely assume there will be one for all Springsteen's gigs.

Doors are at 12:30 each day.. gonna be long two days then when you take the queue into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

Great setlist in Geneva tonight

01. Shackled and Drawn
    02. Badlands
    03. Death to My Hometown
    04. Out in the Street (Sign request)
    05. Hungry Heart (Sign request)
    06. Candy's Room (Sign request)
    07. She's the One
    08. Because the Night (intro by Nils)
    09. Spirit in the Night
    10. Frankie
    11. The River
    12. Youngstown
    13. Murder Incorporated
    14. Darlington County (Sign request from a 7 year old girl)
    15. Working on the Highway
    16. Bobby Jean
    17. Waitin' on a Sunny Day
    18. The Rising
    19. Land of Hope and Dreams (Dedicated to Nelson Mandela)

Encore:

20. The Promise

21. Born in the USA

22. Born To Run

23. Dancing in the Dark

24. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out

25. American Land

26. Thunder Road

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Anyone know what time gates are for Thomond?.. not written on tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Anyone know what time gates are for Thomond?.. not written on tickets.

It says 5pm according to TM.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

Geneva got a cracker last night :-) I want Frankie !!!!!!!

Dr Nick - whereabouts were you located in Paris? Althought the waiting around was a bit tedious and I'm still sunburned as a result it was Best organized queue ever. Pre show was magic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

loverslane wrote: »
    Geneva got a cracker last night :-) I want Frankie !!!!!!!

Great though it would be, I think the chances of getting a seven-and-a-half minute "unreleased" track performed anywhere in Ireland are slim to nil. As I've remarked here before, he only pulls out the weird s**t in territories where he knows they'll be appreciated. I don't say that as a criticism, it's just the way it is, and the setlists over the years bear that out. Even 41 Shots in the RDS was noticeably unfamiliar to many.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement

Yes but don't forget there is always a big influx of fans coming in from other countries - gang of Italians I meet everywhere will all be here as are lots of mates flying in from UK, States and Canada. As for 41 Shots - what a day!!! The soundcheck alone was just outstanding. The whole queue fell silent in disbelief, you could hear a pin drop and the cheer when it finished - happy days. Well lets live in hope and faith may be rewarded

I hope he does Glory Days!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Dr Nick - whereabouts were you located in Paris? Althought the waiting around was a bit tedious and I'm still sunburned as a result it was Best organized queue ever. Pre show was magic

Gate G, arrived at 3.45 or so on Saturday, didn't queue for a wristband. Got a good spot though, pre-show was my first and was amazing. Had to rush away at the end to get back to the family in Disneyland but watched TR from the top of the steps - amazing.
    Did I meet you getting on the plane to Gatwick a couple of weeks ago by any chance? I was with a group with 4 other lads.

No not me Dr Nick.

Have a friend flying in from Canada desperately looking for accommodation for Kilkenny for both nights but there seems to be nothing available. Does anyone know of anything I might be missing out on????

• Registered Users Posts: 28 roller6666

And if anyone knows of a Leeds ticket in hiding somewhere desperately needing to be used - same friend is looking for one. Loooooonnnnngggg shot I know but one never knows :-)

Holy mother - anyone following tonights setlist?? Unbelievable !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

Holy mother - anyone following tonights setlist?? Unbelievable !!!!!!

Yeah hopefully this signals the end of album shows two epic nights in a row. Rocky ground is back and would love to hear better days live

whats tonight set list? link anyone?

• Advertisement

Will put it up in its entirety shortly - just on encores now

Advertisement