Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭random_guy

I can give a little review.

Loads of Pros and one con:
    Great setting, brilliant acoustics, great set list, big screens that I've never seen clearer, he came out with so much energy and was really enjoying himself and it. It had huge potential.

The con:
    The audience. I have never seen worse. At one stage (during open all night) he was trying to get the crowd in the stands going and it just was not working and you could see the reaction in the band. I was standing just outside the pit and once I looked around to find that only me and my 2 friends were the only ones actually "in to" the show.

It will be the last German concert I go to, Frankfurt was something similar I found. For some reason the crowds here are just to reserved.

All in all I enjoyed myself though :D There was some proper good fun bits in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Breaking my heart trying to get ine ticket for limerick - do ye reckon people will be selling on the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

gg2 wrote: »
    Breaking my heart trying to get ine ticket for limerick - do ye reckon people will be selling on the day?

Standing tickets available online again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Standing tickets available online again.

You are a star!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

gg2 wrote: »

Tickets available on Toutless.com also I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

random_guy wrote: »
    It will be the last German concert I go to, Frankfurt was something similar I found. For some reason the crowds here are just too reserved.

That's interesting. I saw him in Munich and Frankfurt on WOAD and they were both excellent shows, with great atmosphere. The Olympic Stadium in Munich, in particular, was one of the best Bruce shows I've ever seen, and a phenomenal venue.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

only a week to go til the first irish show in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Everlong1

That's interesting. I saw him in Munich and Frankfurt on WOAD and they were both excellent shows, with great atmosphere. The Olympic Stadium in Munich, in particular, was one of the best Bruce shows I've ever seen, and a phenomenal venue.

I'm having a mental blank spot. Consider myself a dedicated Springsteen fan and was at both RDS gigs last year but what does WOAD stand for?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Working on a Dream?

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Everlong1

adrian522 wrote: »
    Working on a Dream?

Ah, thank you. Not an album I'm terribly fond of, hence the lack of recognition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 corkbride

Does anyone know what time he will actually start playing in Cork please? It says 5 for entry on the ticketmaster website but just wondering what time he comes on. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭dendof

I'd guess between 7 and 7:30

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Probably been asked but does anyone know if there's a bus service from Dublin to limerick for this? Quite tempted to head but have work the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dmartin22196

Does anyone know where the que for the pit in limerick will be, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

what are the odds bruce will visit the munster musuem when in thomond and maybe get presented with a munster jersey ??

can see Brian Cody walking on stage in Kilkenny and handing him a hurl or kilkenny jersey. BTW if/when kilkenny reach the All Ireland Quarter finals it will be played on Sunday 28th July (the last bruce date in ireland) so id say the city will be rocking that weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

PTH2009 wrote: »
    what are the odds bruce will visit the munster musuem when in thomond and maybe get presented with a munster jersey ??

can see Brian Cody walking on stage in Kilkenny and handing him a hurl or kilkenny jersey. BTW if/when kilkenny reach the All Ireland Quarter finals it will be played on Sunday 28th July (the last bruce date in ireland) so id say the city will be rocking that weekend

Oh dear God. NO! and this from a KK supporter. Just too embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Oh dear God. NO! and this from a KK supporter. Just too embarrassing.

In theory it might seem like a brilliant idea but it'd be awful if it happened.

Plus, a lot of the people there wouldn't have a clue who he is.

Does anyone know where the que for the pit in limerick will be, thanks!

Will be split between yellow & red gates, both are for pitch standing

Work at stadium :)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

I presume if one person has a ticket for yellow and one for red they can go in same gate?

I think Dmartin22196 is possibly querying where numbers and roll call will take place?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Re: what are the odds bruce will visit the munster musuem when in thomond and maybe get presented with a munster jersey ??

Expect Eamonn Gilmour and Co to jump on the band wagon and present him with a framed certificate showing his Irish roots ala Muhammad Ali, Barack Obama and Tom O'Cruise :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭yew_tree

Bruce will will be too busy rocking for any outside antics....cant wait now.
    Limerick > Cork > Belfast > a well deserved break > Kilkenny x2 here we come

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Im going to the last night in Kilkenny....what are yer thoughts on the que for that night? As in Id nearly camp over night but just wondering does anyone think there will be separate ques?? thoughts??

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭OuterBombie

Any recommendations on parking and getting to Thomond? Driving down from Galway and haven't been at a gig (or match) there till now. Thanks....

loverslane wrote: »
    I presume if one person has a ticket for yellow and one for red they can go in same gate?

I think Dmartin22196 is possibly querying where numbers and roll call will take place?
    Yup they arent being too fussy about gates, both lead to pitch

if you just want middle/back of pit, realistically what time do you want to be queing at?

do you know how big the pit will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Standing tickets available on Ticketmaster for Thomand Park for anybody interested

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

if you just want middle/back of pit, realistically what time do you want to be queing at?
    4 or 5pm I'd guess .

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

GA's for Belfast also dropping on TM

• Advertisement

do you know how big the pit will be?

Same size as RDS last year, expected to reach the 10 or the halfway. Wont know for sure until stage arrives.

Advertisement