Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

if you just want middle/back of pit, realistically what time do you want to be queing at?
    4/5 be loads of time

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dmartin22196

thanks for the advice fellas, dont get me wrong im a massive springsteen fan, but i dont really wanna be in the first few rows where it can be very uncomfortable, but i wanna be close enough to have a good view of the band, you know..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

thanks for the advice fellas, dont get me wrong im a massive springsteen fan, but i dont really wanna be in the first few rows where it can be very uncomfortable, but i wanna be close enough to have a good view of the band, you know..
    5pm you will walk straight into the pit as its a week night.
    Kilkenny gigs will be a different story though .

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Can't wait for Kilkenny gig although i'm in the stand.... but at least i'll get to rest my aching bones in a plastic seat with the option to stand up briefly.
    Is Kilkenny the final leg of the european tour as well??

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

We walked in at 7pm at Wembley and got perfect spot on edge of pit where Bruce comes down for Sunny Day and Hungry Heart. Queued in Paris and got front row but friends walked in much later and got a great spot too. Don't think you can go wrong depending on where you want to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭random_guy

That's interesting. I saw him in Munich and Frankfurt on WOAD and they were both excellent shows, with great atmosphere. The Olympic Stadium in Munich, in particular, was one of the best Bruce shows I've ever seen, and a phenomenal venue.

Wooden is the word I'd use I think. My friend said after that maybe they just weren't understanding it and it was a bit lost in translation. She may have a point. She out to prove it by talking about going to one of the shows in Kilkenny so now we're on the hunt for tickets for that and a somewhat cheap flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

Hi, can anyone explain the "que system" and "roll call" please?Is it not simply first come first in?
    Going to Limerick next Tuesday (Whoop whoop!) and have pitch tix so do you know where the red and yellow entry gates are?
    Cheers for any info.Would love to hear Racing In The Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Heres a map of the stadium with the two gates showing:
    http://thomondpark.ie/stadium-info-munster-conference-venue/stadium-access-plan-conference-facility-in-ireland/

You will arrive at the ground on the Cratloe Road side so to get to both gates you have to walk behind either stand to get to the other end. The yellow and red gates are at the stage end of the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

ankaragucu wrote: »
    Hi, can anyone explain the "que system" and "roll call" please?Is it not simply first come first in?
    Going to Limerick next Tuesday (Whoop whoop!) and have pitch tix so do you know where the red and yellow entry gates are?
    Cheers for any info.Would love to hear Racing In The Street.

A few people will have set themselves up as the queue organisers. If you turn up early, you get a number. They usually stop giving out numbers by the mid-afternoon of the day of the show, as anyone who is in the queue at that point is going nowhere.
    The organisers dictate when the "roll calls" will take place. Depending on the venue and the size of the queue in the early stages, this can be a few times a day. You can leave the queue, but you must be back for the stated roll call. If you're not back, you lose your place. It means you can come and go as you please, get lunch, whatever, but it ALSO effectively means you can stake your claim two or three days before the show.

Personally, I think it has kind of got out of hand. Not everybody is in a position to queue prior to the day of the show, even with the roll call system, and that doesn't necessarily make them any less of a fan. Bruce needs to start selling gold circle, like most other stadium acts. Cynics will say that betrays his "blue collar" ideology, and that it takes the fun out of it - there's no "thrill of the chase" if you can just buy a ticket for the pit - but there is very much a "We Take Care Of Our Own" attitude among some (not all) of the people who elect themselves as being "in charge" of the queue.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Paris had a Gold Circle - we bought tickets expecting a small area. The Gold Circle held 6000. Bruce's security guy Graham also calls the shots as to when wristbands are given out and when people are allowed into stadium.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

It's not really that uncomfortable up front. I was about three rows back from the stage at the RDS, over to the right side, in front of the big screen. I had my own standing space for the entire gig. It gets a bit manic when Bruce comes over that direction, but apart from that, it was fine.

Thanks bucks and delbert for that.I've never seen that in operation at any of his Dublin shows over the years.Usually either get wristbands as you enter the arena or just before in the que with the actual stewards giving out the wristbands and organising things.Who ARE these self appointed ones?!Maybe in the states or whatever but can't see an Irish crowd obeying the self Proclaimers!

Ah they are not all bad and some run pretty good lines - Scottish guy Derek is a top guy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

ankaragucu wrote: »
    Who ARE these self appointed ones?!Maybe in the states or whatever but can't see an Irish crowd obeying the self Proclaimers!

Well, I've seen people get p***ed off with them, especially at the Magic gigs in the RDS. I've seen some of them act like they're officially running the show, when in fact it's just ego, bloated self-importance and chutzpah that's put them in that position. They shepherd people in and then work their way up onto the barrier themselves, presumably using their "queuemaster" status as some valid excuse to do so. It's tiresome. I was delighted when Bruce announced all these shows in venues other than the RDS, 'cos it has become over-familiar. Now they'll have to figure the whole thing out themselves from scratch, and hopefully some local fans will get the jump on them.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Well all I'm saying is that some big local Paul O'Connell type won't take kindly to being told what to do by some NON official self appointee if he's been stood in the que an hour or two!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

feck queing all day or for some days before hand just to get to the front rows. If youre in the stands you could have a perfect view of the stage and bruce and co and can relax and have a beer and not worry about youre place been taken.

Cant wait for the movie Springsteen & I (i work in a cinema in so its free admission for me).

Cork and Kilkenny (first night) cant come fast enough :D:D

Being up front makes a big difference imo.Not only is the sound better and louder, but when Bruce comes down to the crowd it all gets a bit dreamlike!He has an incredible presence that's palpable and the joy on people's faces is brilliant.Unless you've experienced it you won't appreciate what I'm saying.
    It's a bit like a devout catholic meeting the Pope (I'd imagine!)

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭villa2008

Got a ticket for Kilkenny on the 28th.

Why are the gates open so early, it says 1 o' clock?? Anybody know what the time schedule is for the day support bands etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭mossie

Does anyone know which tickets are for the front of the stage? I have red route for Cork and blue route in Limerick. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

mossie wrote: »
    Does anyone know which tickets are for the front of the stage? I have red route for Cork and blue route in Limerick. Thanks.

Blue route is at the opposite end of the the stadium than the stage in thomond anyway.
    Is that pitch standing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Really looking forward to the Irish shows but just looking at the setlist so far tonight in Rome it looks like there will be no way of topping this in Thomond for the hardcore follower at least!!

1. Spirit In The Night
    2. My Love Will Not Let You Down
    3. Badlands
    4. Death To My Hometown
    5. Roulette
    6. Lucky Town
    7. Summertime Blues
    8. Stand On It
    9. Working On The Highway
    10. Candy's Room
    11. She's The One (Mona Intro)
    12. Brilliant Disguise
    13. Kitty's Back
    14. Incident On 57th Street
    15. Rosalita
    16. New York City Serenade

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

Has anyone seen tonights setlist from rome its insane, kittys back,rosalita, new york city serenade,incident on 57th,

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

Really looking forward to the Irish shows but just looking at the setlist so far tonight in Rome it looks like there will be no way of topping this in Thomond for the hardcore follower at least!!

1. Spirit In The Night
    2. My Love Will Not Let You Down
    3. Badlands
    4. Death To My Hometown
    5. Roulette
    6. Lucky Town
    7. Summertime Blues
    8. Stand On It
    9. Working On The Highway
    10. Candy's Room
    11. She's The One (Mona Intro)
    12. Brilliant Disguise
    13. Kitty's Back
    14. Incident On 57th Street
    15. Rosalita
    16. New York City Serenade

Hope im wrong but have a feeling the first three shows in ireland are going to see album shows.

Inbloodysane - last 3 Shows have been gobsmacking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭mossie

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Blue route is at the opposite end of the the stadium than the stage in thomond anyway.
    Is that pitch standing?

Yeah. I had a feeling thomond was away from stage as I got it late. Hopefully red is close in in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Brilliant Disguise!!! Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Is it bad to have blue zone for limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

They are just the entrances, once it's a standing ticket it is all one section, except for the pit, on the floor. If the que for the pit with roll calls is up at the red gate and you have a blue ticket I don't think they are going to stop you going to red gate once you have a GA ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

madalig12 wrote: »
    Brilliant Disguise!!! Wow

fecking love that song!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

CiaranK wrote: »
    They are just the entrances, once it's a standing ticket it is all one section, except for the pit, on the floor. If the que for the pit with roll calls is up at the red gate and you have a blue ticket I don't think they are going to stop you going to red gate once you have a GA ticket.

Good work on GL tonight Ciaran - assumimg you're the same Ciaran!

Advertisement