Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Good work on GL tonight Ciaran - assumimg you're the same Ciaran!

I am indeed, Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dmartin22196

CiaranK wrote: »
    They are just the entrances, once it's a standing ticket it is all one section, except for the pit, on the floor. If the que for the pit with roll calls is up at the red gate and you have a blue ticket I don't think they are going to stop you going to red gate once you have a GA ticket.

if you have a blue route ticket can you still get into the pit?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

if you have a blue route ticket can you still get into the pit?

I'd assume so, not 100% though. I know from the previous RDS gigs you were able to once it's a ga ticket/ga gate.

i hope to god they do! maybe a quiet word would help if they're being sticky...

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭interlocked

That'll be worked out well in advance of entry, in general it doesn't matter what entry route is on your ticket, the pit lines enters at one point, the only exception to this is the likes of Wembley where the scanners at the gates couldn't accept tickets for different gates and it caused an almighty shambles

That would be very much the exception to the rule.

Tonights show in Rome could provoke an exodus to Thomond over the weekend!

Just to give you an idea, the Pit line in Coventry was capped at 1000 and it was full by 10 am on the morning of the concert and this was a Thursday. The queues are getting earlier and longer on this tour. It's worth it though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

will they be leaving both people in both the red & blue gates into the pit or will only one be picked?? my ticket says yellow entry!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

will they be leaving both people in both the red & blue gates into the pit or will only one be picked?? my ticket says yellow entry!

red & yellow as they're at the stage end.

10 am seems really early for a pit to be full..
    has any other venue on this tour been that early for a mid week gig.. I'm thinking strolling down around half 11 and was planning on being in first 6 rows.. judging by hat the pit is the same size as the RDS one..

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭interlocked

Sorry, I should clarify, I don't know the numbers for Thomond, but for arguments sake, assume that the pit will contain 3000 people. The fans running the pit line will issue numbers on a first come first served basis (on your hand)generally [/B up to 1000-1500. The exact number is usually defined after consultation with the venue security and Springsteen's team.

These numbered fans have to be in attendance for roll calls, otherwise they lose their place. At some time in the afternoon, security will issue wristbands to the pit line and will/should walk the line in numerical order into the pit after having their tickets scanned on the way.

None of this would work without Springsteen's team liaising with local venue security and insisting on the validity of the fan line, and the fact that the numerical order is honoured,
    In any event, Aiken's crew know the score in relation to this and I'd be very surprised if it doesn't run smoothly

That still leaves, say 1500-2000 spaces in the pit, these will be available on a first come first served order to the people entering through the various gates at opening time, so you could in theory, roll up at 4-5 pm and still get a place in the pit.

So basically, if you want to be on the front rail, you've got to put time and effort into it. If yo're happy to be at the back of the pit, and many do, you can generally turn up early afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

so you could in theory, roll up at 4-5 pm and still get a place in the pit.

So basically, if you want to be on the front rail, you've got to put time and effort into it. If yo're happy to be at the back of the pit, and many do, you can generally turn up early afternoon
    I usually turn up around 3.30 for the RDS gigs, always get into the pit and on the front row too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

As Tommy says we've always gone to the RDS shows around 3.30 and always got into the pit no problem.And it must be just me but I've never seen this roll call/que organisers thing that some of you are talking about.Maybe I'm just dumb?!Do you mean its just for those who want to be right on the front rail?Can someone explain this again please, the whole turning up the day before bit and getting numbers on your hand etc, I'm lost?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

This site is great reading for anyone getting into the mood for next week. As previously mentioned stunning set list in Rome last night:

http://www.backstreets.com/setlists.html

I reckon that the full Born To Run album is a very strong possibility in one of the Irish gigs, possibly Cork or Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Would I be right in saying that the #302 from Dunnes (Henry Street) would take you to Thomond Park or will other buses be provided from the City for this?

Any time I was in Thomond the lads were always driving and the cars were parked near 'ish the stadium; but this time I'll be shopping and having dinner with my mom in the city before we go to the concert so looking for easiest access to and fro :)

Thanks in advance,
    kerry4sam

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Would I be right in saying that the #302 from Dunnes (Henry Street) would take you to Thomond Park or will other buses be provided from the City for this?

Any time I was in Thomond the lads were always driving and the cars were parked near 'ish the stadium; but this time I'll be shopping and having dinner with my mom in the city before we go to the concert so looking for easiest access to and fro :)

Thanks in advance,
    kerry4sam

Yup the 302 is every 20 minutes & will drop you directly outside thomond. After the gig extra buses to town will be outside :)

What will be the nearest pub to thomond which will be lively?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

Bennyl10 any ones you could recommend for Monday night. We are about 20 in total and will be doing pit queue so don't want to be too far away for roll calls

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

Ps - there is a vegetarian amongst us too

loverslane wrote: »
    Ps - there is a vegetarian amongst us too

Any which i could recommend? Food places I'm assuming? :)
    The dugout bar at thomond may be open, still to be decided, and they do sandwhiches & noce food.
    The strand hotel is only a 15 min walk from the stadium and do lovely food.

In town itself you cant go wrong with marco polo on o'connel st. 2 course lunch for 9.99 imcluding mineral.
    The 302 leaves every 20 minutes from thomond to town & back. It about a 5 mimute bud trip :)

Any more dont hestiate to ask, not sure how often.roll calls will be so hope this helpefd :)

For pub monday night, really cant go wrong with clohessts or smyths or flannerys :)
    Not entirely sure what im meant to be recommemding :)

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Any which i could recommend? Food places I'm assuming? :)
    The dugout bar at thomond may be open, still to be decided, and they do sandwhiches & noce food.
    The strand hotel is only a 15 min walk from the stadium and do lovely food.

In town itself you cant go wrong with marco polo on o'connel st. 2 course lunch for 9.99 imcluding mineral.
    The 302 leaves every 20 minutes from thomond to town & back. It about a 5 mimute bud trip :)

Any more dont hestiate to ask, not sure how often.roll calls will be so hope this helpefd :)

any idea after a good, close, pub afterwards benny?

• Advertisement

any idea after a good, close, pub afterwards benny?

Oh sorry my phone wouldnt load the earlier posts :)
    Ahm clohessys is only a bus ride awaY & are having an afterparty there so should be quite busy. Nancy blakes & smyths are alwats busy but can be a walk.

For lively pub the bus to town is a must, but clohessys would be where I'd say most will head :)

sound as thanks.....the busses wont be running back towards thomond at 1 or 2 would they, you would have to get a taxi out that way?

sound as thanks.....the busses wont be running back towards thomond at 1 or 2 would they, you would have to get a taxi out that way?

Taxi out would only cost you about 7 quid :)
    Are you staying out by thomond? :)

rossaroe avenue, so 5 mins past it, any reviews on ashgrove house for me?

rossaroe avenue, so 5 mins past it, any reviews on ashgrove house for me?

Honestly only know it to see it, but not alot about it. Seems lovely from the outside though :) and very close to the stadium.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Honestly only know it to see it, but not alot about it. Seems lovely from the outside though :) and very close to the stadium.

the close to the stadium and cheap element is what i like about it, could be sleeping bags for all i care! so u reckon to get a bus in to town after the concert, go to this clohessys place and just get a taxi back out would be the best job for a good nights crack?

the close to the stadium and cheap element is what i like about it, could be sleeping bags for all i care! so u reckon to get a bus in to town after the concert, go to this clohessys place and just get a taxi back out would be the best job for a good nights crack?

Yup :) once youre in town youve a choice of a few :) clohessy/ nancys I'd recommend ya :)
    And taxi out will be heap and townll be crawling in them :)
    Should be a great night in town :)

Thanks for the help benny! sure ya never know, i mite even see ya about clohesseys!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Benny - what about parking, where would you recommend? I hope to be there late PM at the latest but will be leaving sharpish as I've to drive back to Meath. Need a quick getaway.

• Advertisement

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Benny - what about parking, where would you recommend? I hope to be there late PM at the latest but will be leaving sharpish as I've to drive back to Meath. Need a quick getaway.

LIT is closest to thomond, but it may fill early & getting out of it can be a nightmare, even after low attendance rabo games.

Park in one of the multistories in town(some are running a cheap deal for the gig, will post link tonight) & bus it would probably be easiest.. bus will be caught in tragfic, but avoids lit roundabout & bus lanes a lot of the way :)

Advertisement