Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

bennyl10 wrote: »
    LIT is closest to thomond, but it may fill early & getting out of it can be a nightmare, even after low attendance rabo games.

Park in one of the multistories in town(some are running a cheap deal for the gig, will post link tonight) & bus it would probably be easiest.. bus will be caught in tragfic, but avoids lit roundabout & bus lanes a lot of the way :)

Thanks. I'll be straight out before the end unfortunately but don't mind, still have four more Irish gigs to go to and I'll be in no hurry out of those apart maybe from Belfast.

You've been a great help to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dmartin22196

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    You've been a great help to all!

True that! thanks again benny!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

in 4.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

No problem guys :) happy to help, if i get any more possible info ill post straight away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Hey Benny, do you reckon it's an easy enough walk from Thomond to the Travelodge on Ennis Road? We were thinking of just walking back as most taxis and buses will be busy.

• Advertisement

JJ wrote: »
    Hey Benny, do you reckon it's an easy enough walk from Thomond to the Travelodge on Ennis Road? We were thinking of just walking back as most taxis and buses will be busy.

Walking that'd take you an hour or more.. wouldnt really recommend it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

And so it begins...

thumb_COB2lTjK9r8VRCZ61fnEraLaE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 44 bm92

How early do you think numbers will be given out ??? first call ?? Might head down night before and have a look around too

any people who go to a lot of springsteen gigs know how often roll calls take place? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

As sometimes happens the promoter has made more tickets available for all the five concerts. Out of curiousity I had a look and all concerts except Cork have pitch tickets available, and again there seems to be Stand tickets available also for most dates. I'd say that's why they weren't tempted to put on a (single) RDS date. Selling 140k tickets will be a big achievement anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

Alpharooms.com have the Castletroy Park Hotel for €105 for Tuesday , just booked myself if anyone looking . Not bad price for late booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 bm92

bm92 wrote: »
    How early do you think numbers will be given out ??? first call ?? Might head down night before and have a look around too

Ha I know how often but last times I just came early.on day of concert... I'd like to try get number soon as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Goreme wrote: »
    As sometimes happens the promoter has made more tickets available for all the five concerts. Out of curiousity I had a look and all concerts except Cork have pitch tickets available, and again there seems to be Stand tickets available also for most dates.

It always happens ,they always hold back tickets to beat the touts and often the seats they hold back are the best.
    You will get extra tickets the week of the gig as the exact stage viewing angles will be known so extra tickets will become available.

I was looking for tickets for the recent Kenny Rogers gig in the INEC a few months ago and they only had tickets far back ,then later some in the stalls.
    Then the week of the gig there were loads of tickets in the 3rd,4th and 5th row,I'd say at least half of the flat seated tickets were for sale,wtf is that about.

bm92 wrote: »
    Ha I know how often but last times I just came early.on day of concert... I'd like to try get number soon as possible

So do you know how often the roll call is?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Zardoz wrote: »
    It always happens ,they always hold back tickets to beat the touts and often the seats they hold back are the best.
    You will get extra tickets the week of the gig as the exact stage viewing angles will be known so extra tickets will become available.

I was looking for tickets for the recent Kenny Rogers gig in the INEC a few months ago and they only had tickets far back ,then later some in the stalls.
    Then the week of the gig there were loads of tickets in the 3rd,4th and 5th row,I'd say at least half of the flat seated tickets were for sale,wtf is that about.

It's not to beat the touts.

When the gig goes on sale they sell the amount of tickets based on the largest possible stage, when they get the stage specs from the band it's nearly always smaller than they planned for, hence the 'Production tickets' being released close to the gig.

I've got tickets this way quite a few times, our seats for Metallica at Wembley were some of the best in the house, and we bought them 3 weeks before the gig

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Lads there will be park and rides operating from different sides as well as public bus services. Details can be found here:
    http://thomondpark.ie/bruce-springsteen-the-e-street-band/

Do you think it would be ok for my mum to stand in the Pit ,she is 60 ,or would a seated ticket be better ?
    Huge Springsteen fan ,she has already stood at Meatloaf,Elton John and Sting this year,but they were indoors so less crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

The queue has already started - 8 there already. Will try find out who is running as most of the regulars are in Belgium

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Do you think it would be ok for my mum to stand in the Pit ,she is 60 ,or would a seated ticket be better ?
    Huge Springsteen fan ,she has already stood at Meatloaf,Elton John and Sting this year,but they were indoors so less crowd.

At the back of the pit there's usually plenty of space, so if she's stood at the others she'll be grand.

loverslane wrote: »
    The queue has already started - 8 there already. Will try find out who is running as most of the regulars are in Belgium

the que for thomond? :O this is surely too early.. they'll be moved I'm sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Yup the 302 is every 20 minutes & will drop you directly outside thomond. After the gig extra buses to town will be outside :)
    bucks73 wrote: »
    Lads there will be park and rides operating from different sides as well as public bus services. Details can be found here:
    http://thomondpark.ie/bruce-springsteen-the-e-street-band/

Thanks so much for everyone for their tips in here thus far, Much Appreciated :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

Dont even begin to try and compare Kenny Rogers and a Bruce gig - especially on a Bruce page !!

jacko1 wrote: »
    Dont even begin to try and compare Kenny Rogers and a Bruce gig - especially on a Bruce page !!

I wasnt comparing them,I was highlighting Ticketmaster's bizarre ticketing system where most of the best seats went on sale the week of the gig .

Kenny was good but he only played for a miserly 77 minutes ,Bruce will play for 177 !
    the queue for thomond? :O this is surely too early.. they'll be moved I'm sure.
    Lunatics,is there a full moon tonight ?
    Have these people no lives ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

what already :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Anyone know if you can bring a fold up chair to these type of concerts? Going to the Kings Hall with my father.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

doubtful, did ya go down and take a look like.

Wow, they'll get some quare looks from the locals....:D

TheFairy wrote: »
    Anyone know if you can bring a fold up chair to these type of concerts? Going to the Kings Hall with my father.

No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

zweton wrote: »
    doubtful, did ya go down and take a look like.

Nope but have a friend there !

Advertisement