Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

loverslane wrote: »
    Nope but have a friend there !

friend in the que?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

friend in the que?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Bruce on stage at 7pm ,seems a bit early ?

Came on 7.15 in Wembley and shortly after 7.30 in Paris. All to do with curfews

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Spirit in the Night
    My Love Will Not Let You Down
    Badlands
    Death to My Hometown
    Roulette
    Lucky Town
    Summertime Blues
    Stand on It
    Working on the Highway
    Candy's Room
    She's the One (with Mona intro)
    Brilliant Disguise
    Kitty's Back
    Incident on 57th Street
    Rosalita
    New York City Serenade (with Roma Sinfonietta string section)
    Shackled and Drawn
    Darlington County
    Bobby Jean
    Waitin' on a Sunny Day
    The Rising
    Land of Hope and Dreams
    Born in the U.S.A.
    Born to Run
    Dancing in the Dark
    Tenth Avenue Freeze-out
    Twist and Shout
    Shout
    Thunder Road (solo acoustic)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Just picked up two tickets to Cork on toutless, delighted with that, a summer of Bruce! Rome set list is unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

I got two seat tickets for Sunday 28th In Kilkenny this morning.Heard the ad on the radio as I was driving saying more tickets released and the two seats are in section F of the New Stand.Not bad at all for a couple of weeks before the gig.Going to four shows now, just missing the Cork one.
    I'll ask this again.How does the pit line work re the numbering system and roll calls?Staying 15 minutes from Thomond so will be able to keep an eye on things.Dont get the bit about once numbered, being able to go away again for lunch or whatever, and then getting back in line?Seems like a recipe for an argument with people who have shown up and joined the que 'ahead' of the returning numbered ones in the meantime??

ankaragucu wrote: »
    I got two seat tickets for Sunday 28th In Kilkenny this morning.Heard the ad on the radio as I was driving saying more tickets released and the two seats are in section F of the New Stand.Not bad at all for a couple of weeks before the gig.Going to four shows now, just missing the Cork one.
    I'll ask this again.How does the pit line work re the numbering system and roll calls?Staying 15 minutes from Thomond so will be able to keep an eye on things.Dont get the bit about once numbered, being able to go away again for lunch or whatever, and then getting back in line?Seems like a recipe for an argument with people who have shown up and joined the que 'ahead' of the returning numbered ones in the meantime??

Ok you go along to pit line - you get next number available. Roll calls are generally 9am, midday, 6pm and somewhere between 10 and midnight day before. It all depends on who is running line. Day of gig could be an 8am roll and then wait further instructions. You have to turn up for each roll once you get your number or else you're struck off and lose your place. Wristbands are handed out when Bruce's security decide. In Wembley it was a disaster. In Paris we had an early roll - 8am I think and then 11am. At last call we were told to stay in line or risk not getting in so we had to hang around. You could leave to grab a sandwich or whatever - we were lead in at 4

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

so loverslane, is this pit que a totally seperate one from all the general queues?For people prepared to arrive REALLY early, day before even?Reason I ask is that as I say, for previous years at the RDS I just got in the que for the gate stated on my GA ticket at around 3.30-4pm and got into the pit okay about 20 yards away from the stage.Does this numbers/roll call system really apply mainly for folk who want to be right on the barrier?
    Thanks for taking time to explain.

Does this numbers/roll call system really apply mainly for folk who want to be right on the barrier?
    Yes .
    Any normal person can turn up like you did at 3.30-4pm and get a good view .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Anybody who's looking for parking and bus information for the Limerick gig, look here:

http://thomondpark.ie/bruce-springsteen-the-e-street-band

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

so loverslane, is this pit que a totally seperate one from all the general queues?For people prepared to arrive REALLY early, day before even?Reason I ask is that as I say, for previous years at the RDS I just got in the que for the gate stated on my GA ticket at around 3.30-4pm and got into the pit okay about 20 yards away from the stage.Does this numbers/roll call system really apply mainly for folk who want to be right on the barrier?
    Thanks for taking time to explain.

I was at the first RDS 2012 gig last time around and got a wristband for the pit area at 6.15pm whilst inside the RDS ground (there seemed to be random people giving them out if you kept your eyes open). Once inside the pit I found that there was an invisible line(!) inside the pit itself which you weren't allowed to cross, or if you did you go a few snarls. You were only supposed to be inside this imaginary distance to the stage if you had a number/mark hand. Now this fan numbering system was news to me at the time, but I was good punter and didn't cross that line!!

Goreme wrote: »
    Once inside the pit I found that there was an invisible line(!) inside the pit itself which you weren't allowed to cross, or if you did you go a few snarls. You were only supposed to be inside this imaginary distance to the stage if you had a number/mark hand.

I'm sure a set of markers could fix that !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Goreme wrote: »
    I was at the first RDS 2012 gig last time around and got a wristband for the pit area at 6.15pm whilst inside the RDS ground (there seemed to be random people giving them out if you kept your eyes open).

Ditto - myself and my sister were running late at 6:45 and spotted someone with wristbands. We just asked for them and got into the pit - delighted with life!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Would I be ok to get a pit pass if I showed up at 1 for cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭SellingJuan

Anyone know of busses going back from Cork after Bruce :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

14060s_a.jpg

id say the capacity at the cork gig is just under 25000. Looking at ticket sale options in the covered stand sections L,K and J are closed off/not for sale and in the uncovered stand sections A,B and C are closed off/not for sale

sitting in Block D uncovered stand row H. hopefully the sun wont be too hot. its a very warm stadium

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

PTH2009 wrote: »
    14060s_a.jpg

id say the capacity at the cork gig is just under 25000. Looking at ticket sale options in the covered stand sections L,K and J are closed off/not for sale and in the uncovered stand sections A,B and C are closed off/not for sale

sitting in Block D uncovered stand row H. hopefully the sun wont be too hot. its a very warm stadium

I think that is due to the angle of the seats to the stage, I'd imagine the stage will come out to at least the start of block c. The diagram on ticketmaster has the stage tiny and on top of what is actually another stand, so the stage has to be more forward on the day meaning that the blocks closed off wouldn't be able to see the band.

A photograph will show you a better idea of what I mean

pairc-ui-chaomin.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

CiaranK wrote: »
    I think that is due to the angle of the seats to the stage, I'd imagine the stage will come out to at least the start of block c. The diagram on ticketmaster has the stage tiny and on top of what is actually another stand, so the stage has to be more forward on the day meaning that the blocks closed off wouldn't be able to see the band.

A photograph will show you a better idea of what I mean

pairc-ui-chaomin.jpg

yeah i see what you mean. hopefully i will have a good view of the stage from block D

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

PTH2009 wrote: »
    yeah i see what you mean. hopefully i will have a good view of the stage from block D

I'd say you will if it's the first block from the stage, nearly the best seated tickets in the place :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 bm92

So has a queue really started at thomand?? Are they giving out numbers??

bm92 wrote: »
    So has a queue really started at thomand?? Are they giving out numbers??

Yes - 47 currently in queue with a big influx expected later from last nights show in Belgium

Yes - 47 currently in queue with a big influx expected later from last nights show in Belgium

Next call??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

are these people sleeping in tents?

CiaranK wrote: »
    I'd say you will if it's the first block from the stage, nearly the best seated tickets in the place :)

Yes you will have an excellent view,Pairc Ui Chaoimh is probably the best viewing stadium in the country .
    The only problem in the uncovered stand are the seats...they are terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

are these people sleeping in tents?

No - there are roll-calls every few hours.

Anyone know what time next call is!?

Not sure but would assume 3pm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Hey all, myself and the girlfriend are heading to this Tuesday. Can't wait!

Just wondering, what exactly are all these roll calls you are on about? What would be a good time to head down for the concert on Tuesday?

How hard will it be to get towards the front?

Sorry for all the questions!

• Advertisement

Same here with my girlfriend! Roll calls avoid having to stand in line all day ! You come get a number and then nwmt only turn up each time there is a roll call

Advertisement