Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is it the same support for the Cork gig?

He has no support in limerick, cork or belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is it the same support for the Cork gig?

Bruce doesn't have support bands apart from festivals. 3.5 hours is normally enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭trihead

hi all

Does anyone know (or maybe you have seen the stage setup in t park) how big the pit is in limerick for tuesday? Will it be as big as the rds last summer which was at least half the pitch size.

any info appreciated,

trihead

trihead wrote: »
    hi all

Does anyone know (or maybe you have seen the stage setup in t park) how big the pit is in limerick for tuesday? Will it be as big as the rds last summer which was at least half the pitch size.

any info appreciated,

trihead
    Same size as rds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

So will the pitch only have 2 sections, 1 being the pit and the rest all all others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

So having bought a ticket for the Thomond gig for christmas, thinking that a bunch of other people were as well, I'm now faced with going to the tuesday gig on my own. I dont mind, but I've actually never been to Limerick before, and I'm not sure is there any way I can get a bus back after the concert to Dublin. Does anyone know of any companies that do late services? Id rather not fork out for a b&b, or y'know, sleep in a phone booth.

zweton wrote: »
    So will the pitch only have 2 sections, 1 being the pit and the rest all all others

yes. to get into the pit, you will need to be there before half 4, but that's going to be a grand time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

So having bought a ticket for the Thomond gig for christmas, thinking that a bunch of other people were as well, I'm now faced with going to the tuesday gig on my own. I dont mind, but I've actually never been to Limerick before, and I'm not sure is there any way I can get a bus back after the concert to Dublin. Does anyone know of any companies that do late services? Id rather not fork out for a b&b, or y'know, sleep in a phone booth.

This crowd are doing a bus service:

http://www.irishconcerttravel.ie/BustraveltoBruceSpringsteenconcert.html

There's no point going to Bus Éireann or Irish Rail. They don't have buses or trains running that late.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

bennyl10 wrote: »
    yes. to get into the pit, you will need to be there before half 4, but that's going to be a grand time.

Benny, if I go in tomm after work say about 6 will I have a good chance of getting pit ticket?

zweton wrote: »
    Benny, if I go in tomm after work say about 6 will I have a good chance of getting pit ticket?

there's absolutely no point in queing tomorrow.. honestly wait until Tuesday morning/lunchtime and you'll easily get it tickets, really easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

JJ wrote: »
    This crowd are doing a bus service:

http://www.irishconcerttravel.ie/BustraveltoBruceSpringsteenconcert.html

There's no point going to Bus Éireann or Irish Rail. They don't have buses or trains running that late.

That's fantastic, cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Also try Kavanaghs, they've busses running all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

according to BTX Bruce and his family are staying in a castle in County Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dmartin22196

Anyone know how manys in the que as of last roll call?

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭jtown

Gates open at 1pm on Sun 28th in Kilkenny - what time would Bruce be hitting the stage at?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

PTH2009 wrote: »
    according to BTX Bruce and his family are staying in a castle in County Kilkenny

Any idea where he's staying in Cork? :P Some stalking might be in order :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭nihicib2

Thinking of getting tickets for the Sat night in Kilkenny but don't want to choose the postage method on Ticketmaster as Im afraid they wouldn't arrive on time, I've never used the box office before. Does anyone have any idea how it works and where it would be at Nolan Park?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

So is Springsteen on stage in Thomond at 7pm? Seems a bit early? Wotking til 6 ish in Ennis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

buck65 wrote: »
    So is Springsteen on stage in Thomond at 7pm? Seems a bit early? Wotking til 6 ish in Ennis.

Likely to be 7 or 7.30, he'll do 3 hours and curfew is 11pm.

buck65 wrote: »

Between 7 & half 7. Plays3 hours so has ro be on at this time to not break curfew. Thomond is in a residential area.

• Advertisement

Between 7 & half 7. Plays3 hours so has ro be on at this time to not break curfew. Thomond is in a residential area.

Ah I'm sure they'll make an exception for Bruce :pac:

leahyl wrote: »
    Ah I'm sure they'll make an exception for Bruce :pac:

They've given out that rugby is too loud fir god sake, tomorrow's gonna be a whole new ballgame for um :p

Ah well, just one more day now lads :DD

They've given out that rugby is too loud fir god sake, tomorrow's gonna be a whole new ballgame for um :p

Ah well, just one more day now lads :DD

I'm going to the Cork gig so can't wait now - jealous that Limerick gets to see him before us! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

Well said Benny, don't everyone get too bogged down in queues and roll calls and what time he'll come on at.Just everyone enjoy what is going to be an amazing evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Biscuit80

Does anyone have any idea of how strictly the no camera policy is policed? Says it on the ticket but would like to bring a compact one with me.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Posh Boy

Anyone know where is the best place to park for the Cork gig. Also, what time will he be going on stage in Cork, on ticketM it says 5pm, I thought it was 7pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Biscuit80 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea of how strictly the no camera policy is policed? Says it on the ticket but would like to bring a compact one with me.

Thanks.

Compacts are fine in these days of smartphones. Brought one into both wembley and stade de france.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dmartin22196

Just wonderin benny if you know if there will be bouncers on the door of clohesseys? lost my feckin id :(

Posh Boy wrote: »
    Anyone know where is the best place to park for the Cork gig. Also, what time will he be going on stage in Cork, on ticketM it says 5pm, I thought it was 7pm?

5pm is just the time the doors open as far as I know, he'll probably be on about 7.30 or so

• Advertisement

Just wonderin benny if you know if there will be bouncers on the door of clohesseys? lost my feckin id :(

Therell be bouncers, but they tend to not be strict unless you look 16.. they accept student id & drivers licence too

Advertisement