Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

ankaragucu wrote: »
    Well said Benny, don't everyone get too bogged down in queues and roll calls and what time he'll come on at.Just everyone enjoy what is going to be an amazing evening!

Couldnt have said it better.. in thomond anyway if youre there before half two youll be guaranteed pit entry.. dont bother with this roll business, show up at your ease & enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

First time seeing Bruce tomorrow, had tickets for Landsdowne Road in 2008 but that was on a Friday and the Heineken Cup final was on the Saturday in Cardiff so didn't take the chance and went to Cardiff instead. Did not get next nor near a ticket for years so I guess serves me right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

buck65 wrote: »
    So is Springsteen on stage in Thomond at 7pm? Seems a bit early? Wotking til 6 ish in Ennis.

He'll be on 7 - 7.15 for 3hrs30 approx.

He has also taken to doing an occasional pre show acoustic set for everyone in the pit - if he does it in Limerick then expect him on stage around 6 for 15 mins with just the guitar

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

First time seeing Bruce tomorrow, had tickets for Landsdowne Road in 2008 but that was on a Friday and the Heineken Cup final was on the Saturday in Cardiff so didn't take the chance and went to Cardiff instead. Did not get next nor near a ticket for years so I guess serves me right.

Wow grumpymunster, your first time to see Bruce.You never forget your first time isn't that what they say!Nothing prepares you for that moment when you realise you've just wiped a tear from your eye.
    There's no one like him...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

leahyl wrote: »
    5pm is just the time the doors open as far as I know, he'll probably be on about 7.30 or so
    They usually open gates early in this country ,I'd expect them to open at 4pm.

How long is Bruce playing on average on this tour ?

• Advertisement

think you mean the RDS - Bruce has never played LansdowneRd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

lv arrived in my b&b...gonna have a walk around later see whats happening round the place....hopefully theres not loads of people there already! walk passed the stadium, could see some of the stage set up and trucks driving into the grounds...cant wait! :D

Zardoz wrote: »
    They usually open gates early in this country ,I'd expect them to open at 4pm.

How long is Bruce playing on average on this tour ?

3hr 15 on average but the end of the tour usually sees the set extended - last year the final shows in europe saw him playing for 4hrs each night !!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

jacko1 wrote: »
    3hr 15 on average but the end of the tour usually sees the set extended - last year the final shows in europe saw him playing for 4hrs each night !!

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

About 100 at 11am roll call.....

• Advertisement

leahyl wrote: »
    :eek:

Helsinki - 30 minute acoustic set FOLLOWED by a 4hr 5min show

http://www.backstreets.com/setlists2012b.html

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Cork is not a residential area so the show could go on for ages.

I have a feeeling he wont do an acoustic set in Cork probly in Limerick though

jacko1 wrote: »
    Helsinki - 30 minute acoustic set FOLLOWED by a 4hr 5min show

Are these times accurate though as alot of people maintain he played for 3.5 hours last year at the RDS when it was actually 3 hours.
    I notice alot of this embellishment of concerts in general .

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭nihicib2

Well after reading this thread I decided feck it, beans on toast for the next month, I'm getting tickets. I was lucky enough to get 2 for Kilkenny on the Saturday, would anyone have ANY idea if there's beds available or camping (a huge ask I know but hey if you don't ask...)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Frank03

nihicib2 wrote: »
    Well after reading this thread I decided feck it, beans on toast for the next month, I'm getting tickets. I was lucky enough to get 2 for Kilkenny on the Saturday, would anyone have ANY idea if there's beds available or camping (a huge ask I know but hey if you don't ask...)

http://www.kilkennytourism.ie/camp_hub_for_bruce_springsteen_weekender

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

To let ye know, roll call at 167.

Are these times accurate though as alot of people maintain he played for 3.5 hours last year at the RDS when it was actually 3 hours.

For the doubters - here is the full Helsinki show with the acoustic set added on !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVCmZ7WQLNQ

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Frank03

994520_10151494147591510_496699452_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

wooo lm in the pit :D

The stage design isnt the best if you are seated near the stage as its quite hard to see all the band as they are recessed in the back .
    You need to be 30-40 yards back to see in properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

The RDS gigs last year were 3hours 21mins and 3 hours 28mins respectively. Hopefully we get the first 4 hour Irish gig at Kilkenny to finish off the tour.

Pinkman wrote: »
    The RDS gigs last year were 3hours 21mins and 3 hours 28mins respectively. Hopefully we get the first 4 hour Irish gig at Kilkenny to finish off the tour.

Well second gig was 3 hours 15 minutes but thats plenty long anyway ,most bands would barely play for half that !
    No break either ,the man is like an energizer bunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

Well second gig was 3 hours 15 minutes but thats plenty long anyway ,most bands would barely play for half that !
    No break either ,the man is like an energizer bunny.

I often wonder if other bands, like say U2 watch Bruce in concert and get, well, jealous...!

thumb_Q802QOuSzZmBStDo77G1D5KAY.jpg

Looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Eeeek so excited!! We'll show him such a good time in Cork, he won't want to leave!:D A definite 4 hour show for us I reckon! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 eisseb

Any opinions on Ed Power's article in todays Independent ? He is obviously of the homosexual persuasion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Chances of geting pit tics if i was there about 7 this evening?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 eisseb

lv arrived in my b&b...gonna have a walk around later see whats happening round the place....hopefully theres not loads of people there already! walk passed the stadium, could see some of the stage set up and trucks driving into the grounds...cant wait! :D

Can't wait for Bruce in Thomond. Also, can't wait for shootin season to open on Nov 1st . !!!

zweton wrote: »
    Chances of geting pit tics if i was there about 7 this evening?
    For the umpteenth time ,you will definitely get into the pit if you are there early tomorrow afternoon.
    You may even get a wristband at 5pm tomorrow ,it all depends on how early people turn up .
    The pit is big ,it holds 5000 people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

Tons of time - numbers just started in 200's

Advertisement