Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

pre gig meetup suggestions as per backstreets.com for fans are

Limerick: http://www.curragower.com/

Cork: www.counihans.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Cork is gonna be freekin' epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Does Bruce tend to go out to any watering holes after shows?? Would be brilliant to be treated to an impromptu gig in the Sextant or something after :pac: As if 3.5+ hours isn't enough :P Anybody see the big welcome sign up on the wall of the Sextant for him?! It's a bit overshadowed though by the big mug of Ronan O' Gara...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

leahyl wrote: »
    Does Bruce tend to go out to any watering holes after shows?? Would be brilliant to be treated to an impromptu gig in the Sextant or something after :pac: As if 3.5+ hours isn't enough :P

He famously turned up at a Joe Ely gig in the Mean Fiddler in Dublin after doing his own Tom Joad show in the Point in 1996, but that was a one-off. He generally heads straight to the hotel. If you're in the right place at the right time, he'll generally wave to people as he zooms off into the night. :D

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

He famously turned up at a Joe Ely gig in the Mean Fiddler in Dublin after doing his own Tom Joad show in the Point in 1996, but that was a one-off. He generally heads straight to the hotel. If you're in the right place at the right time, he'll generally wave to people as he zooms off into the night. :D

swoon :D:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

Zardoz wrote: »
    Well second gig was 3 hours 15 minutes but thats plenty long anyway ,most bands would barely play for half that !
    No break either ,the man is like an energizer bunny.

From Backstreets.com (who do this for every gig) 2nd gig:
    Jake Clemons arrives on stage in a wheelchair. "Jake sneezed last night and put his back out," laughs The Boss.

19:41

1. This Hard Land (acoustic)
    2. No Surrender
    3. Two Hearts
    4. The Ties The Bind
    5. We Take Care of Our Own
    6. Badlands
    7. Something In The Night
    8. Adam Raised a Cain
    9. Wrecking Ball
    10. Death to My Hometown
    11. My City of Ruins
    12. Spirit In The Night
    13. Jackson Cage (request)
    14. She's The One
    15. Jack of All Trades
    16. Atlantic City
    17. Because The Night
    18. Darlington County
    19. Easy Money
    20. Waitin' On a Sunny Day
    21. The Promise (solo piano)
    22. The River
    23. Backstreets
    24. Land of Hope & Dreams

25. Born in the USA
    26. Born To Run
    27. Glory Days
    28. Seven Nights To Rock
    29. Dancing In The Dark
    30. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
    31. Rocky Ground
    32. American Land

23:09

3 hours & 28 minutes

I was there both nights last year and both approached the 3.5 hour mark. (Can't find the thread for Night 1).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 eisseb

leahyl wrote: »
    Does Bruce tend to go out to any watering holes after shows?? Would be brilliant to be treated to an impromptu gig in the Sextant or something after :pac: As if 3.5+ hours isn't enough :P Anybody see the big welcome sign up on the wall of the Sextant for him?! It's a bit overshadowed though by the big mug of Ronan O' Gara...

Are you out of your mind ? You think you might get to have a pint with the BOSS ???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

From Backstreets.com (who do this for every gig) 2nd gig:
    Jake Clemons arrives on stage in a wheelchair. "Jake sneezed last night and put his back out," laughs The Boss.

19:41

1. This Hard Land (acoustic)
    2. No Surrender
    3. Two Hearts
    4. The Ties The Bind
    5. We Take Care of Our Own
    6. Badlands
    7. Something In The Night
    8. Adam Raised a Cain
    9. Wrecking Ball
    10. Death to My Hometown
    11. My City of Ruins
    12. Spirit In The Night
    13. Jackson Cage (request)
    14. She's The One
    15. Jack of All Trades
    16. Atlantic City
    17. Because The Night
    18. Darlington County
    19. Easy Money
    20. Waitin' On a Sunny Day
    21. The Promise (solo piano)
    22. The River
    23. Backstreets
    24. Land of Hope & Dreams

25. Born in the USA
    26. Born To Run
    27. Glory Days
    28. Seven Nights To Rock
    29. Dancing In The Dark
    30. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
    31. Rocky Ground
    32. American Land

23:09

3 hours & 28 minutes

I was there both nights last year and both approached the 3.5 hour mark. (Can't find the thread for Night 1).

My watch must be faulty .:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

eisseb wrote: »
    Are you out of your mind ? You think you might get to have a pint with the BOSS ???

I know someone who did, photo to prove it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 eisseb

tommy2bad wrote: »
    I know someone who did, photo to prove it!

deadly !!!!

• Advertisement

Two days after the RDS gig last year he was having pints in Cassidys in Dublin

He's not staying in Cork City so I doubt you'll see him in town the day after - if he were I'd imagine him in a bar like Tom Barrys, Counihans or the Spailpin

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

Next rolls 8 and 10pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

eisseb wrote: »
    Can't wait for Bruce in Thomond. Also, can't wait for shootin season to open on Nov 1st . !!!

good for you :)

200+ so far in the pit

The boss is officially in Ireland :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Longford Lass

Hi guys. I know theres no ticket sales/swops allowed on here but am just wondering can anyone point me in the right direction as to the best place to go if you want to sell tickets. Not sure I'm going to get going now. Imminent job loss :((((
    Thanks in advance for any help xx

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭rebel89

Hi guys. I know theres no ticket sales/swops allowed on here but am just wondering can anyone point me in the right direction as to the best place to go if you want to sell tickets. Not sure I'm going to get going now. Imminent job loss :((((
    Thanks in advance for any help xx
    Try over on toutless maybe? http://www.toutless.com/

^ try twitter...lv seen 5 or 6 people trying to sell some this evening

try backstreets.com/btx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Longford Lass

Thanks guys!
    Really done want to sell them tbh!! Have a b&b booked and thats e150 so all in all an expensive night but having seen him 4 times before I know he'll be worth every penny, or cent should I say!! ;)
    What to do?!!!???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

could anybody tell us about the pit situation in cork, would there be many gates open early for the people queuing for the pit specially?? while im thrilled that the gig is in cork, i had the rds queuing plan down to a fine art!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Thanks guys!
    Really done want to sell them tbh!! Have a b&b booked and thats e150 so all in all an expensive night but having seen him 4 times before I know he'll be worth every penny, or cent should I say!! ;)
    What to do?!!!???

Go go go!! Theres alot up against me going tomorrow to the point where i nearly scrapped the idea todayw, but no matter the situation Bruce is always worth it! And I'd say between this fab weather and sundays hurling result the atmosphere will be electric!

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

The boss is officially in Ireland :D

Any more details?Flew into Shannon?Where's he staying?Not gonna stalk him, just interested.

ankaragucu wrote: »
    Any more details?Flew into Shannon?Where's he staying?Not gonna stalk him, just interested.

all l know is that he flew into shannon, few hours ago...if your on twitter go onto the shannon airport account, they tweeted a pic of steven van Z...

Thanks guys!
    What to do?!!!???

lv never being to his concerts before but....go woman....go! you'll prob regret if you dont!

Nice one.I'm in Limerick now, saw the 8pm roll as I drove past earlier.Might stroll down at 10 to suss things out for tomorrow.Don't think I'll join the roll as would need to be there again in the morn at 8am, 10, etc as I understand it.Planning on getting in line tom at lunchtime, that'll do the pit for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

jacko1 wrote: »
    Two days after the RDS gig last year he was having pints in Cassidys in Dublin

He's not staying in Cork City so I doubt you'll see him in town the day after - if he were I'd imagine him in a bar like Tom Barrys, Counihans or the Spailpin

He's also called into the Long Hall and O'Donoghues in the last few years

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

Awaiting roll call - maybe 300 here or a little more. Rolls tomorrow 8, 11 and 1pm - then it's stay here

loverslane wrote: »
    Awaiting roll call - maybe 300 here or a little more. Rolls tomorrow 8, 11 and 1pm - then it's stay here

what number are you?

• Advertisement

Just walked the dog down to Thomond.We were the couple with the Yorkshire terrier in case you saw us loverslane!Yeah about 300 there.A security guy we spoke to reckons there definitely won't be a pre show.
    We overheard a conversation between two Limerick women who walked by looking in bewilderment at the pit queue.

A."Who's playin in there like?"

B."He's brilliant, he's from the 80s."

A."Name a song that he sings for me."

B."Ah you know him, he sings that one, Livin in the USA."

Just thought I'd share that with you all.

Advertisement