Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

ankaragucu wrote: »
    Just walked the dog down to Thomond.We were the couple with the Yorkshire terrier in case you saw us loverslane!Yeah about 300 there.A security guy we spoke to reckons there definitely won't be a pre show.
    We overheard a conversation between two Limerick women who walked by looking in bewilderment at the pit queue.

A."Who's playin in there like?"

B."He's brilliant, he's from the 80s."

A."Name a song that he sings for me."

B."Ah you know him, he sings that one, Livin in the USA."

Just thought I'd share that with you all.

ye all have yorkies around here...seen about 6 people walking them today! lol living in the usa...be worse if they were queing for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

ye all have yorkies around here...seen about 6 people walking them today! lol living in the usa...be worse if they were queing for him!

"He's from the 80s". !!!

Wonder what Bruce would make of that?!

We arrived down from Dublin earlier this evening.Had to laugh at some of the folks from the pit queue returning to where they had casually parked their cars in Ballynanty/Moyross.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

I'm heading to the gig tomorrow and planning on busing it back to Dublin first thing Wednesday. Just wondering is there any bus services back to Dublin late after the concert? Couldn't see any for BE or Dublin Coach.

Don't think I'll get much sleep tonight, kinda feels like Christmas eve! If they play Secret Garden, Human Touch or Terry's Song it will really make my day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

rebel89 wrote: »
    For Limerick, does anyone know if Id be ok leaving the car at Kilmurry Lodge and getting the shuttle bus from there or do the hotel not want cars left there?

As well, does anyone know how often the buses will be going?

thanks!

Lots of parking at the Dunnes stores car park just down from the Savoy Hotel. They are doing a parking deal. About a 15-20 minute walk fro there

Hi guys. I know theres no ticket sales/swops allowed on here but am just wondering can anyone point me in the right direction as to the best place to go if you want to sell tickets. Not sure I'm going to get going now. Imminent job loss :((((
    Thanks in advance for any help xx

PM Me. I have a friend looking. Will pass on her details

• Advertisement

all l know is that he flew into shannon, few hours ago...if your on twitter go onto the shannon airport account, they tweeted a pic of steven van Z...

He and his family are staying in Adare. They have been out and about today and in Limerick. I haven't seen them buy the staff of our hotel are full of having then in for food.

Tucked up in bed in the hotel after a lovely night out with my husband. So wired and excited that I will find it hard to sleep. Going to head down around lunchtime tomorrow and will hopefully get pit passes/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Leaving Kildare about 3pm tomorrow cant wait :)
    *** Park and Ride and Public bus services for 16th July Bruce Springsteen Concert ***

LIMERICK PARK & RIDE

South Court Hotel from 3pm
    Radisson Hotel from 5pm
    Kilmurry Lodge from 4pm
    Woodlands Hotel Adare at 5.30pm

PUBLIC BUS SERVICE

Henry Street Park & Ride 17.00hrs every 20 min,
    302 Caherdavin from henry Street every 20 mins
    306 Ballynanty service that will depart Henry Street @ 15.30pm, 16.30pm, 17.30pm, 18.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Cannot deal with the excitement!!!

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuce!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Imjustlovely

Hey Everyone :)

Could anyone take the time to explain how I can get PIT passes for Cork Pleaseeeee

Lets say If I'm there at 8am could I get passes by 1pm ? if I'm lucky like :)

Theres 3 of us going to the gig but I'm the only one free on Wednesday so can I go with the tickets and hopefully get 3 pit passes or is it one per person even if you have 3 tickets ?

Thanks for reading.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

ankaragucu wrote: »
    Just walked the dog down to Thomond.We were the couple with the Yorkshire terrier in case you saw us loverslane!Yeah about 300 there.A security guy we spoke to reckons there definitely won't be a pre show.
    We overheard a conversation between two Limerick women who walked by looking in bewilderment at the pit queue.

A."Who's playin in there like?"

B."He's brilliant, he's from the 80s."

A."Name a song that he sings for me."

B."Ah you know him, he sings that one, Livin in the USA."

Just thought I'd share that with you all.

Ah he was adorable - I was the one who asked if he was friendly and if I could pet him. I guess only bruce can answer the pre show question. When he arrived in Paris he looked a bit tired and grumpy. 2 minutes later he was on stage doing pre show :-)

Hey Everyone :)

Could anyone take the time to explain how I can get PIT passes for Cork Pleaseeeee

Lets say If I'm there at 8am could I get passes by 1pm ? if I'm lucky like :)

Theres 3 of us going to the gig but I'm the only one free on Wednesday so can I go with the tickets and hopefully get 3 pit passes or is it one per person even if you have 3 tickets ?

Thanks for reading.

:D

Last roll call is 1pm. Depends when wristbands are given out. But all 3 of u need to be there

loverslane wrote: »
    Ah he was adorable - I was the one who asked if he was friendly and if I could pet him. I guess only bruce can answer the pre show question. When he arrived in Paris he looked a bit tired and grumpy. 2 minutes later he was on stage doing pre show :-)

Some of the comments were hilarious. A spinning class took it outside to all Bruce songs at the 8pm call

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭rebel89

Lots of parking at the Dunnes stores car park just down from the Savoy Hotel. They are doing a parking deal. About a 15-20 minute walk fro there

Might just leave the car at home, only about a 15 minute walk anyway!

So last roll call is deffo 1?? Doubt i'll make it for then....

Anyone know the best way to get from UL to thomand?

deffo 1pm, but you will prob get in the pit...only about 400+ people here so far

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

rebel89 wrote: »
    Might just leave the car at home, only about a 15 minute walk anyway!
    I'd say go for it! take a chance...

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

Goreme wrote: »
    I'd say go for it! take a chance...
    and walk that is...

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭ULMarc

gg2 wrote: »
    So last roll call is deffo 1?? Doubt i'll make it for then....

Anyone know the best way to get from UL to thomand?

Are you talking about on foot or by car. Best way by public transport is bus to town then walk to Thomand.

ULMarc wrote: »
    Are you talking about on foot or by car. Best way by public transport is bus to town then walk to Thomand.

How far a walk would it be from UL?

• Advertisement

ULMarc wrote: »

So I take it its ok to que at the pit with 2 different route entries?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Hope everyone has One Great Day n Night in Limerick for 'The Boss'! It's been a long time coming folks; Hope you all Enjoy :)

Loads of time getting here at 5pm for the pit I'd say. They said its 3000

gg2 wrote: »
    So I take it its ok to que at the pit with 2 different route entries?

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

loverslane wrote: »
    Loads of time getting here at 5pm for the pit I'd say. They said its 3000

Yes - everyone who wanted a pit pass at 5.30 at RDS last year got one although those in the roll call Q obviously got front row

500 here now

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

All going well we should be there just as doors open

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Gallivanter78

Hey all you lucky thomand giggers..have a blast..does anyone know if there are roll calls for Cork happening tom nyt

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Here Comes The Sun

Hi all,

I know this is not the place to sell tickets, just wondering for those already down there, are there people looking for tickets?

I know I was at thr RDS one year and people were walking around asking to buy tickets.

I still have 2 standing tickets to sell, and it's getting a bit late!

Hope ye all enjoy the show!

• Advertisement

l dont know about people looking for them.,..but there more than likely are....lv seen people advertising tickets for sell on the barriers so your as well off to do the same

Advertisement