Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Does anybody know the limit of tickets per person?

45,000 i think

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shaneosexual

who_ru wrote: »
    45,000 i think
    ??????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Does anybody know the limit of tickets per person?

Last time he was in town it was 4 per person, I'd imagine this will be same. Tickets priced €86-€96 plus fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

just got 2 tickets for barcelona! the spanish ticketmaster site put me in the queue at 9.13 and i only finished the transaction now. so 4 hours 20 mins waiting online! makes our ticketmaster service look efficient! except i suppose we'd never get a ticket after that long here!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭_Lola_

nialldinho wrote: »
    just got 2 tickets for barcelona! the spanish ticketmaster site put me in the queue at 9.13 and i only finished the transaction now. so 4 hours 20 mins waiting online! makes our ticketmaster service look efficient! except i suppose we'd never get a ticket after that long here!

Jesus :D
    My tickets were "in the pocket" within 2 minutes (Berlin gig).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

nialldinho wrote: »

I've a friend from Spain who was booking and she told me there was a problem with the site before the tickets went on sale so they created a virtual waiting line while it was fixed. Hence why the tickets were still available. I'm guessing ours will sell out in less than 10 mins like they did for the 1st concert in 08!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 juicytasty

Got a Ticket for Barcelona after a 5hr wait on the Spanish Ticket-master. Got tickets for Paris on Topbillet, few hours wait there also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Any Boardies planning on going to Manchester?

Hope to get tickets on Thursday for that gig.

Also, Bruce is the only one on the line up for the Isle of Wight Festival and tickets are on sale. I wonder when the rest of the line up will be announced. Could be a great weekend there.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,398 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

have to buy 4 tickets and then go to college for 9.30 On Thursday Morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Hi all,

Looking for advice on this. I've never seen Bruce Springsteen live, but am certainly going to next summer. The question is where. I live and work in Limerick, so Dublin on a Tuesday night is a pain in the arse tbh. Still an option. My other option is to see him in Hyde Park for Hard Rock Calling and make a weekend of it in London.

Thoughts on this? Hard Rock Calling is a festival type thing, so he will probably get less stage time. On the other hand, if I knew he'd get similar stage time I'd go HRC no question.

Would really appreciate some input from those who have seen him a few times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Hi all,

Looking for advice on this. I've never seen Bruce Springsteen live, but am certainly going to next summer. The question is where. I live and work in Limerick, so Dublin on a Tuesday night is a pain in the arse tbh. Still an option. My other option is to see him in Hyde Park for Hard Rock Calling and make a weekend of it in London.

Thoughts on this? Hard Rock Calling is a festival type thing, so he will probably get less stage time. On the other hand, if I knew he'd get similar stage time I'd go HRC no question.

Would really appreciate some input from those who have seen him a few times.

In '09 he played 29 songs in Dublin and 27 in HRC. Very similar stage time, HRC was released on DVD so you can see the length of time from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

CiaranK wrote: »
    In '09 he played 29 songs in Dublin and 27 in HRC. Very similar stage time, HRC was released on DVD so you can see the length of time from there.

Oh wow, thanks. That's London sold so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭mark182

Few Questions if anyone can help.

Is it definitely 4 tickets per person as stated as few posts back?

Whats the best bet for tickets, Online or Ticketmaster Outlet?

mark182 wrote: »

Sound Cellar or Ticketmaster for outlets. Get there early though, This will sell out fast I'd say. Could be lucky online too. It's much of a muchness I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

mark182 wrote: »

For gigs that won't sell out the best bet is to go to a Ticketmaster agent and pay cash as you save €6 a ticket but as this will probably sell out quickly that isn't a viable option here.

However I did see an ad on the TV for the gig. They wouldn't pay for those if it was a guaranteed sell out would they?

However I did see an ad on the TV for the gig. They wouldn't pay for those if it was a guaranteed sell out would they?

I'd say so, Ads are bought in advance. So say this gig sells out tomorrow, you'll still see ads all through the week and then they might have ads booked for a month or so before the gig, you'd still see them then, they could have them booked for a week before the gig so you'd see them then too even if the gig sells out tomorrow. They are all paid for in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

He has been confirmed for Pinkpop and Roskilde

It would definitely have to be a foreign show for me. Typical rip off in this country. Could make a holiday out of it too.

Seen this over on Greasy Lake forum. A member there sent a mail to Aiken asking about the high prices and this is the response Aiken gave them. I think it is a solid response.

Re: Bruce Springsteen Ticket Price
    I refer to your recent email regarding this matter. You have made a number of points to which I will respond with some facts.
    1. The price of a ticket is made up of a number of elements including :
    a. The artist fee
    b. The cost of licencing and local regulations
    c. The hire of the venue
    d. The pay rates of staff
    e. The hire of infrastructure such as the stage, lighting towers etc.
    f. The cost of additional toilets and other facilities
    g. The cost of equipment
    h. Local VAT rates and commissions
    2. These costs, apart from the artist fee, are significantly higher in Ireland than in other Eurozone countries or in the UK.
    3. Costs of transport have to be fully reflected in Irish shows. On a mainland they can spread over several shows.
    4. The price of tickets for other artists brought by other promoters also reflects differences between Ireland and other countries.
    5. In every case the artist management must approve the price of tickets
    6. No tickets are sold to ‘touts’ but ordinary people do sell tickets to touts who then use networks to either sell or ‘con’ gullible people into parting with their money. We always recommend that customers should buy only from designated sellers.
    7. The Ticket prices for Bruce Springsteen has remained the same as 2009

The decision to attend or not is one which you have to make taking account of your perspective and circumstances .

I hope these points clarify the position for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

CiaranK wrote: »
    Seen this over on Greasy Lake forum. A member there sent a mail to Aiken asking about the high prices and this is the response Aiken gave them. I think it is a solid response.

I think it's a standard enough PFO email repsonse. Would really need to see more info, what artist fee is (and is it the same regardless of venue?), what the venue hire costs, what margins are for promoter for gig here vs. in UK/Europe etc. before you could properly compare. Never going to happen though

"Costs of transport have to be fully reflected in Irish shows. On a mainland they can spread over several shows." - this is often mentioned as a reason for higher costs in the ROI but afaik shows in Belfast will have similar prices to mainland UK shows, despite the fact the artist would have higher transport costs there

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I think it's a standard enough PFO email repsonse. Would really need to see more info, what artist fee is (and is it the same regardless of venue?), what the venue hire costs, what margins are for promoter for gig here vs. in UK/Europe etc. before you could properly compare. Never going to happen though

"Costs of transport have to be fully reflected in Irish shows. On a mainland they can spread over several shows." - this is often mentioned as a reason for higher costs in the ROI but afaik shows in Belfast will have similar prices to mainland UK shows, despite the fact the artist would have higher transport costs there

Yea no promoter will give people that information

• Advertisement

Strong chance of a 2nd concert on the 18th. A friend of mine saw it mentioned on the Badlands website but it seems to be gone now.

Also, Bewleys, Ballsbridge are showing high (175eur)prices for nights of 17th, 18th & 19th July with it back to normal on 20th & 21st even though they are weekends. Also, extra concerts announced today in Bergen & Gothenburg!

I suppose it depends on how quickly the 17th sells, hard to see many from Europe coming over to Dublin for midweek concerts. This and the prices will probably mean that it wont sell as quickly as 2009.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

A lot of the stuff mentioned is much cheaper in Belfast than it is in ROI, that helps align it with mainland UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ecw76

I actually don't think it's going to sell out as quick as previous shows. I am a huge fan as are my brothers and a lot of friends. None of us are going to try for tickets tomorrow. Simply because of the cost and it being Tuesday. I also don't get why people are giving a hard time to those criticising the cost of tickets. We are all in a different place to where we were a few years ago. So much for Bruce being the working class hero and man of the people. Just another rip off merchant. The closest thing he knows about hard times is singing about them.

Ecw76 wrote: »
    I actually don't think it's going to sell out as quick as previous shows. I am a huge fan as are my brothers and a lot of friends. None of us are going to try for tickets tomorrow. Simply because of the cost and it being Tuesday. I also don't get why people are giving a hard time to those criticising the cost of tickets. We are all in a different place to where we were a few years ago. So much for Bruce being the working class hero and man of the people. Just another rip off merchant. The closest thing he knows about hard times is singing about them.
    I would also be a big fan for many years as well as one of my brothers and a few friends. I am not booking for RDS straight away but the others are all going. We hope to go as a group to Manchester and some of them are going to Berlin as well.

The reason I am not getting a ticket for RDS straight away is because of the date. The 17th July is right in the middle of July & is the time we go on holidays. We are not planning anything major next year but committing to the 17th July at the moment means the holidays have to be organised around that and with school/ college going children there are enough permutations to work around without adding another.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,487 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

There'll be no problem picking up a ticket for face value the week before the gig(s) tbh.

Alot of people will get them for presents and will offload them, always the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Anyone have the presale code and willing to pm me?

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Daisy03

Is there a presale? There is nothing about it on ticketmaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Longford Lass

Any opinions on what time one should turn up to their local ticketmaster outlet for?? Was thinking of heading down for about 8am...opinions please!!
    Should I pop down a little earlier to try and beat the queue???

• Registered Users Posts: 21 BaltimoreJack

Any opinions on what time one should turn up to their local ticketmaster outlet for?? Was thinking of heading down for about 8am...opinions please!!
    Should I pop down a little earlier to try and beat the queue???

8am should be loads of time .....i'm sure they'll download as many tickets which are needed to satisfy the demand outside before they open their doors. like earlier posts, I can't see this gig (or the 18th????) selling out as quickly as before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Ecw76 wrote: »

I dont think Bruce has much of an influence on individual country's ticket pricing. He requests a set fee for each concert. This is standard for most shows but higher for festivals. The promoter factors this in and then decides on the price. RDS only holds 45,000 so the potential to maximise profit is reduced. Tickets for Lisbon will be 58 euro but there may be 90,000 people there. Even if Bruce played a second night at the RDS he would still command a certain fee. The only way these ticket prices could be cheaper is if he went into Croker or Slane or even the Aviva.

I still think its over the top by the way as I have no doubt Aiken are doing well out of it. Agree that will probably not be as high as anticipated.

Advertisement