Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Gallivanter78

madalig12 wrote: »
    This little light of mine to start...nice
    Really?!!! Awesome love it!! Roll on Cork and Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

He's playing the Born To Run album in full tonight! Would love to hear Born In The USA in full in Cork or Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

kennyu272 wrote: »
    He's playing the Born To Run album in full tonight! Would love to hear Born In The USA in full in Cork or Kilkenny

Knew he would do album shows here,hopefully get born in the usa on thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Dero123 wrote: »
    Knew he would do album shows here,hopefully get born in the usa on thursday

No, no you get Darkness in Cork an Born to Run in Belfast...fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭Raoul

Can you only get pit tickets if you have a GA ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Yes

Are people queuing tom nyt for Cork pit passes

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Are people queuing tom nyt for Cork pit passes

Yup there's a queue - saw it on twitter - not sure how long it is though

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

So annoyed I sold my Limerick tickets. An incredible setlist - so many of my favourites. Add in Racing, Adam and No Surrender and it would be perfect. Drive All Night would be incredible live. Longest ever Irish gig?

From Backstreets. No point in putting spoilers as he changes the setlist so much.

Pre-Show:
    1- Does This Bus Stop At 82nd Street?
    2- For You ( solo piano )
    3 -HEARTS OF STONE

Actual Show
    Start Time: 7:25pm (approx)
    1. THIS LITTLE LIGHT OF MINE
    2. American Land
    3. Badlands
    4. Death To My Hometown
    5. Hungry Heart
    6. Spirit In The Night
    7. AIN’T TOO PROUD TO BEG
    8. American Skin
    9. Promised Land
    10. Wrecking Ball
    11. We Take Care of our Own
    12. Jack of all Trades
    13. The River

BORN TO RUN album
    14. Thunder Road
    15. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
    16. Night
    17. Backstreets
    18. Born to Run
    19. She's the One
    20. Meeting Across the River
    21. Jungleland

22. Waitin on a Sunny Day
    23. The Rising
    24. Land of Hope and Dreams

25. My Hometown
    26. Born in the USA
    27. Glory Days
    28. Bobby Jean
    29. Drive All Night
    30. Dancing in the Dark
    31. Shout
    32. This Little Light of Mine
    Show Over - 22:56 (approx)

Show time: 3 hours 31 minutes (approx)

• Advertisement

Pinkman wrote: »
    So annoyed I sold my Limerick tickets. An incredible setlist - so many of my favourites. Add in Racing, Adam and No Surrender and it would be perfect. Drive All Night would be incredible live. Longest ever Irish gig?

From Backstreets. No point in putting spoilers as he changes the setlist so much.

Pre-Show:
    1- Does This Bus Stop At 82nd Street?
    2- For You ( solo piano )
    3 -HEARTS OF STONE

Actual Show
    Start Time: 7:25pm (approx)
    1. THIS LITTLE LIGHT OF MINE
    2. American Land
    3. Badlands
    4. Death To My Hometown
    5. Hungry Heart
    6. Spirit In The Night
    7. AIN’T TOO PROUD TO BEG
    8. American Skin
    9. Promised Land
    10. Wrecking Ball
    11. We Take Care of our Own
    12. Jack of all Trades
    13. The River

BORN TO RUN album
    14. Thunder Road
    15. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
    16. Night
    17. Backstreets
    18. Born to Run
    19. She's the One
    20. Meeting Across the River
    21. Jungleland

22. Waitin on a Sunny Day
    23. The Rising
    24. Land of Hope and Dreams

25. My Hometown
    26. Born in the USA
    27. Glory Days
    28. Bobby Jean
    29. Drive All Night
    30. Dancing in the Dark
    31. Shout
    32. This Little Light of Mine
    Show Over - 22:56 (approx)

Show time: 3 hours 31 minutes (approx)

OMG that sounds amazing - I hope to god he does a setlist as good for us!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

my 1st concert...unreal. so happy l went...he interacted so much with the crowd, he really does love his fans & so down to earth! very jealous of anyone going the all 5...will be worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

Absolutely brilliant!He packed more into 41 Shots alone than most acts do into their career!

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

i thought i had run out of things to say about the man last year, but ****ing hell i give up....its actually insane what he does

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭8mv

Just back home from Thomond.
    That was my fifth ESB gig since Slane 85 and possibly the best. No, definitely. The opening salvo of this little heart, American Land, Badlands and Death to my Hometown was incredible. 41 Shots was worth the ticket price alone. Backstreets made me emotional, as did Jack of all Trades. And near the end we get DRIVE ALL NIGHT! Wow. And great energy and fun - the expected youngster brought up to sing Waitin', congratulating Limerick for winning the Munster Championship (don't know what the f**k it is, but congratulations!) and fooling around with the audience and with Steve and Jake (superstar tonight). I brought my three kids, one who had seen Bruce before and knew what to expect, the other two under protest (who wants to see old people on a stage?) Of course they loved it and haven't stopped talking since 11.00pm. My only regret was that Nils didn't get to show his virtuosity this time - no Because the night.
    Anyone who has tickets for Cork, Belfast and Kilkenny - You're in for a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

That sounds like an amazing Set List! I'm going to Cork and Kilkenny so hope they'll be just as good, I've no doubt they will be though. Getting very excited now!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Just back from Thomond as well. What a show !!!! 3hrs 31 mins of sheer delirium. The man is fantastic. Non-stop for that length at almost 64. Simply amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

I'm not a fan of chessy sh#t but Ross & the Boss made laugh and smile something serious!

Tonight was my 4th Bruce & ESB gig and my favourite part of the night was seeing the look of awe on the face of my 2 rookie family members i brought. They loved every second!

Im in the process of selling my saturday Longitude ticket in order to go to Belfast, thats how much i enjoyed tonight.....

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭elurhs

Quality as usual from The Boss! Great to get 41 Shots, I'd say he was intending to play that anyway due to the Trayvon Martin trial. He made a beeline for the sign. Got in the pit too so I was over the moon! Wristband distribution was a bit shambolic though.

Other highlights:
    - As said above, Jake was class, especially during Jungleland.
    - Jungleland itself was a highlight for me, 5th gig, 1st time getting it, been waiting a while for it.
    - Born to Run all the way through.
    - whoever made the big passport put some serious work into it.
    - pre-show with solo piano For You, brilliant!

Bruce seemed to be in great form, I think he was loving it out there tonight. They were supposed to finish on Shout like they usually do, but I saw him calling over to the backing singers that they were going again with This Little Light. He kept dancing all the way to the end, I don't know how he does it. My back and feet are sore just from standing watching him and I'm not even half his age.

Hopefully the rest of the gigs will be just as good!

elurhs wrote: »

Other highlights:
    - As said above, Jake was class, especially during Jungleland.

I agree, seriously he really 'stepped up to the plate', he was amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

There are just no words on how crap that gig was........................ SAID NOBODY EVER ha.

2nd Bruce gig and def better than RDS last year . Born to Run in full was a brilliant surprise . Roll on 2nd night in Kilkenny:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

would i be good for a pit pass if i start q'ing at 1 on thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

No chance I'd say ,you'd want to be there now ...

Seriously ,they were handing out passes at 5.30 pm today so it should be similar on Thursday.

Pretty sure if you walked in today at gates opening you would have easily got in the pit. Any later could he tough

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

lc180 wrote: »
    Pretty sure if you walked in today at gates opening you would have easily got in the pit. Any later could he tough

What time did the gates open today ?

Zardoz wrote: »
    What time did the gates open today ?

Was advertised as 5pm but i got there at 4.45 and they were already open!

Is there a roll call in cork tonyt at 8

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Someone on Greasy Lake actually MOANED about Bruce playing Born to Run from start to finish, saying, "I feel bad for the devout followers", i.e., that doing that set of eight songs, some of which he does regularly, reduces the chance of any "rarities" in the set for those who are doing multiple shows.

Someone quickly retorted: "Yeah, the poor bastards. Having to sit through Backstreets and Meeting Across the River into Jungleland. How can they stand it? The horror". :D

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

It's downright cruelty is what it is.... :)

Sounds like a great show, looking forward to Belfast and Kilkenny now!

• Advertisement

I am so friggin excited now!!! I really hope I get near enough to the stage, I know I won't get in the pit but plan on being there when the gates open at 5 for sure!

I really hope he gives as good a show as he did in Limerick last night - since it's Bruce, I'm sure he will! :)

Advertisement