Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Notes from the road: Limerick
    It was an auspicious and glorious night for Bruce and the band’s first return to Ireland since two shows at RDS Stadium in Dublin a year ago, and their first ever show in Limerick. Prior to taking the stage with the mighty men and women of the E Street Band, Horns, and Choir, Bruce delighted the early arrivals to the show this evening with a three song acoustic pre-show consisting of “Does This Bus Stop on 82nd Street?”, followed by “For You” on the piano, and then a stunning, rarely played “Hearts of Stone.” The crowd went wild, and he was clearly in fine form and ready to rock the house.

To say that the audience’s excitement was at a fever pitch would be putting it mildly. And the show was stellar tonight – exuberant and joyful in part, somber and reflective in part, deeply emotional on all counts. Early on, Bruce acknowledged to the capacity crowd of over 40,000 under the blue sunny skies that it was their very first time in the city of Limerick. Also, for what I believe to be the first time in Springsteen’s entire career, he opened and closed with the same number, the portentous and venerable Civil Rights anthem popularized by Fannie Lou Hamer in the 1950’s, “This Little Light of Mine.” Cindy Mizelle soared on this, taking the whole audience up to a higher power, connecting us all to whatever essence you believe to be that which the universe turns on. It set the tone right away for an unforgettable evening, as much a rock and roll concert as a gospel tent revival.

“LIMERICK! LIMERICK! LIMERICK!” Bruce greeted the crowd. “We’re so glad to be here with you tonight. We are here to fill you with the everlasting power of rock and roll!” The band roared into the entirely appropriate neo-Irish classic “American Land” from the Seeger Sessions album, which was anthemic to this audience. As far as the eye could see, there was dancing, stomping, jumping and singing along. Soozie Tyrell’s fiddle on this was perfection.

A passionate “Badlands” followed, taking the show into the stratosphere early in the set. This was bookended by “Death To My Hometown,” which also sounded particularly passionate this evening. Clearly the band was on fire, feeding off the crowd’s Irish energy. This song always simultaneously chills and thrills me in its power, especially the ending with the front line framed by Jake and Everett drumming.

“Hungry Heart” was next, as Bruce urged, “Come on Limerick!” and ran back and forth across the stage, gladhanding those in the front. At the end of the song he accepted a beer and was shown on the big screen chugging the entire thing down in one swallow. “I drank that beer and I think I earned my Irish passport!” he exclaimed, delighted, showing the audience a beautifully made sign he had been handed that had been fashioned to look like a real Irish passport with his name, birthdate, and photo. This took up residence at the drum stand so all could see it. “That was a nice cold Irish beer. I’m fully loose now!”

Preceding the magnificent spooky love story of “Spirit in the Night,” Bruce went into full-on gospel preacher mode: “We are here tonight because WE NEED YOU! WE NEED YOU! WE NEED YOU! We need the Irish on our side tonight. We can’t do it alone!” At the close of “Spirit” he canvassed the crowd for signs, of which there were many. This yielded a large number of comments on his behalf, from “we don’t know that one” to “we just did that one” to “we could probably do that one” and so on. One sign read “Bruce O’Hagan,” prompting Bruce to explore his Irish roots. “That’s right, I come from the O’Hagans. We were McNicholas and O’Hagans.”

The sign collection prompted a rarely played cover nugget from club days, the Temptations’ classic “Ain’t Too Proud to Beg,” which could not have been anticipated let alone rehearsed yet was smokin’ hot and spot on, showing yet again the elasticity and brilliance of this band.

During the sign collecting Bruce had noticed another sign on the side of the stage and asked for it to be passed up to him, then displayed it for the crowd. It was “American Skin (41 Shots).” An immediate hush settled as we all recognized the significance of this request on the heels of the Travyon Martin trial verdict just days before. “We’ll send this as a letter back home for justice for Trayvon Martin,” Bruce said before launching into what was surely the emotional centerpiece of the show. The audience and the band both appeared to be choked with tears at points in the song; rarely had the lyric “You can get killed just for living in your American skin” sounded more tragic or true. As it wound to its end and Bruce stood alone at the mike staring straight ahead with as much tension and anger as I’ve ever seen him display during a song, just chanting “you can get killed just for living in…” over and over, it was a moment never to be forgotten and a beautiful tribute to a young life sadly wasted for no good reason.

As we were still wiping our tears, the mood took an upswing next with “Promised Land,” followed by “Wrecking Ball” and “We Take Care of Our Own.” This trifecta was followed by the soulful ballad “Jack of All Trades” which always strikes deep especially with the ending spotlighting Nils on guitar, Curt on trumpet, and Bruce solemnly hitting the bass drum. The crowd went ecstatic when the next song was “The River.”

Many concerts would have been over now, but clearly this one was only just getting started. A masterful live reading of the entire “Born to Run” record in album sequence order followed. One of the highlights here was the rarely played long Sam Cooke-flavored soul wrenching outro to “Backstreets,” a true treat for the Irish fans: “Just me and you darling…Just you and those sad eyes…You and the lonely sad eyes…I get lost in your lonely sad eyes…” Other highlights: being magically transported to the inner city streets of “Meeting Across the River” by Curt’s trumpet solo; Soozie’s graceful violin intro to the anthemic “Jungleland” greeted with pure rapture by the audience; 40,000 plus Irish voices raised in the chorus “Down in Jungleland” during that mythic tale of the wounded, not even dead.

“Waiting on a Sunny Day” this night featured young Ross, aged 12, as a sign pointed out it was his birthday and what a way to celebrate – a birthday Ross will never forget! This was followed by “The Rising,” seamlessly continuing the gospel feel of the entire show, rousing us all to come on up. “Land of Hope and Dreams” closed out the main set and the band took their bows. But Bruce, of course, was nowhere near finished breaking our hearts and making us dance.

The encores kicked off with “My Hometown,” which Bruce dedicated to local jockey JT McNamara, who had been seriously injured in a fall earlier this year. Only Bruce Springsteen can make a sold out stadium feel like a small room of people singing and swaying as he did with this number.

The epic “Born in the USA” was next, its power shaking the skies. Time then for some major silliness as Bruce and Steven went to the center front platform and sang “Glory Days” posing in crazy hats, which Steven kept on for the whole song and later tried to hand off to Garry. Acknowledging the recent historic win by the Limerick hurling team, the song was dedicated to them.

The mood was up, up, up as “Bobby Jean” came next, and then Bruce smiled. “I got a promise I gotta keep,” he said, before going into a riveting version of “Drive All Night,” a ballad perhaps all the more loved for how rarely it is seen. In a word, it was sublime.

Ratcheting up the energy again Bruce blasted into “Dancing in the Dark,” choosing as his dance partner a beautiful young brunette girl who was celebrating her sweet sixteen that night. But finished? Surely you jest! The rousing barn burner “Shout” was played in an absolutely James Brownian frenzy, with the crowd following Bruce’s stage directions to bring it louder now, then softer now. At one point he slid all the way down to the floor, rolled over and wiggled his legs in the air. “I’m just a prisoner,” he screamed at song’s end, “of rock and roll!” To which I can only say show us the cell keys, jailer, and lock us all in.

This extraordinary night roared to its conclusion with a reprise of “This Little Light of Mine,” complete with Steven doing the James Brown cape routine on Bruce, and gorgeous gospel churchiness, raising a joyful and beautiful noise unto the Lord. The reprise framed this very special and emotional show perfectly as a marriage of gospel, rock and soul. Exhausted? Hell no. We all headed out into the night thrilled to think what awaits us down the road as the merry E Street caravan rolls through the Emerald Isle.

- Holly Cara Price

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

mossie wrote: »
    I was in the pit at the left end of the stage and there was an exit for the bars, toilets etc very near resulting in a constant stream of people carting glasses of booze and splashing over people. Luckily most of the people near me seemed to be die hards but there was a fair few muppets there alright. Maybe it's a result of the extra gigs over the last few years with more tickets etc, but it does affect the atmosphere.

Yes it was very annoying,I was sitting near that corner.
    Extremely distracting having so many people going in and out in one's line of sight .

There should be no drink allowed on the pitch ,pure and simple .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Last night really was incredible, blew away both nights,last year imo.. the setlist just was perfection.. strolled to the pit for 8 oclock yesterday morning and got number 669, primarily cause i was around and said better safe than sorry.. Jungleland and My Hometown, along with American Skin stand out most for me :)
    Jake seemed to be in fantastic form, although full band were perfection.

Was nice to be in the stadium & not to be working for a change too :)

Hope those of ye I was chatting to managed to get to thomond/back safe & enjoyed yer trip to the stadium too, hope to see ye back again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

Zardoz wrote: »

There should be no drink allowed on the pitch ,pure and simple .

That's a little extreme, no? I'm by no means a die-hard, mentioned earlier it was my first Bruce gig but got there early enough to get into the pit, stayed close to the back as wouldn't know enough of the songs to be bopping with the die-hards up the front. Thoroughly enjoyed the gig, and can see why people say he's so good live!

I left once to get drink, another time for the bathroom and don't feel like it's fair for people to complain about that just cos there were some absolute idiots who took the drinking too far? Unfortunately no matter what gig/match/event you go to, there are always morons who ruin it for others, but saying no drink at all, or complaining about people in and out to the toilet is a bit much?

Just my 2 cents!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

whitewave wrote: »
    That's a little extreme, no? I'm by no means a die-hard, mentioned earlier it was my first Bruce gig but got there early enough to get into the pit, stayed close to the back as wouldn't know enough of the songs to be bopping with the die-hards up the front. Thoroughly enjoyed the gig, and can see why people say he's so good live!

I left once to get drink, another time for the bathroom and don't feel like it's fair for people to complain about that just cos there were some absolute idiots who took the drinking too far? Unfortunately no matter what gig/match/event you go to, there are always morons who ruin it for others, but saying no drink at all, or complaining about people in and out to the toilet is a bit much?

Just my 2 cents!

I understand your point as well - it can't be helped if you need to go to the loo or just get a drink or two! However, if you're acting the maggot and just talking and messing the whole time, what's the point of being there? I presume they are the people that the previous poster was referring to.

I suppose it would be a bit extreme to ban alcohol completely though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Quick Question for all you "die hard" fans...

What does it take for a lowly "fair weather" fan to join your exclusive club ? 2 gigs, 5 gigs, 10 gigs ? Knowing the words to Darkness backwards ? Wearing a bandana for Born in the USA ? Having a poster of Brucie hung over your pit ?

Just wondering like as i'm sure there are scores of "fair weather" fans just aching to be considered so that they too can enjoy the perks.

The perks of being in the "die hard" gang are that you get to sneer at the "fair weather" crew and look down on them as they just don't get it. You get to stand in the pit and tut tut at anyone that doesn't recognise a tune or god forbid, has a drink or needs a slash. As one of the elite you get to make loud protestations and proclamaitions like ban all drink from concerts. Maybe you should just ban all the fair weather fans too ?

I used to follow this thread but had to stop because I got so tired of the attitudes of the know it all Bruce fans towards anyone else. I have listened to Springsteen for over 25 years and been to numerous gigs in numerous venues and I have to say this attitude really sickens me. Somehow, I doubt Bruce would would think well of it either. It couldn't be further removed from the spirit of the music. Music is inclusive and you should all remember that regardless of the criteria for joining your club, you were all "fair weather" once. Maybe it's a sign of an aging fan base just getting old and cranky but one thing for sure, it makes for really ugly and painful reading on here.

Couldn't make it last night but great to hear the positive reviews from the less shoulder chipped fans. Certainly sounds like it was one hell of a show !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

limerick2l2rdi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    limerick2l2rdi.jpg

:eek::eek: OMG!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Anyone know where that is? ^^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Kilkee? Yesterday afternoon I gather

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭mossie

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Last night really was incredible, blew away both nights,last year imo.. the setlist just was perfection.. strolled to the pit for 8 oclock yesterday morning and got number 669, primarily cause i was around and said better safe than sorry.. Jungleland and My Hometown, along with American Skin stand out most for me :)
    Jake seemed to be in fantastic form, although full band were perfection.

Was nice to be in the stadium & not to be working for a change too :)

Hope those of ye I was chatting to managed to get to thomond/back safe & enjoyed yer trip to the stadium too, hope to see ye back again :)

I had 671, must have been near you in the queue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Swanner wrote: »

What does it take for a lowly "fair weather" fan to join your exclusive club ? 2 gigs, 5 gigs, 10 gigs ? Knowing the words to Darkness backwards ? Wearing a bandana for Born in the USA ? Having a poster of Brucie hung over your pit ?

Just wondering like as i'm sure there are scores of "fair weather" fans just aching to be considered so that they too can enjoy the perks.

The perks of being in the "die hard" gang are that you get to sneer at the "fair weather" crew and look down on them as they just don't get it. You get to stand in the pit and tut tut at anyone that doesn't recognise a tune or god forbid, has a drink or needs a slash. As one of the elite you get to make loud protestations and proclamaitions like ban all drink from concerts. Maybe you should just ban all the fair weather fans too ?

I used to follow this thread but had to stop because I got so tired of the attitudes of the know it all Bruce fans towards anyone else. I have listened to Springsteen for over 25 years and been to numerous gigs in numerous venues and I have to say this attitude really sickens me. Somehow, I doubt Bruce would would think well of it either. It couldn't be further removed from the spirit of the music. Music is inclusive and you should all remember that regardless of the criteria for joining your club, you were all "fair weather" once. Maybe it's a sign of an aging fan base just getting old and cranky but one thing for sure, it makes for really ugly and painful reading on here.

Couldn't make it last night but great to hear the positive reviews from the less shoulder chipped fans. Certainly sounds like it was one hell of a show !!

lv only got into bruce in the last year and a half...dont know every song off every album etc but l am a big fan...l dont think il ever like an artist as good as him. ever. or the amount of money lv spent on the 2 gigs lm going to etc...(well worth obv) however l met a few irish die hard fans over the last 2 days...most of them been to every show in lreland his ever done...must say they were really nice sound people! went on my own and they told me l could go around with them (ha the loner l was) anyway it was most of the fecking europeans that were rude, snobby, pushing and had to be right up to the front barrier...telling people around them to sush, (even tho it was only a few word they were saying) but it was fine for them to blabber on!

l like the lrish die hard fans, the europeans, meh ( not all of them but most of them!)

I don't think this is what anyone was saying. The complaints are about the people who spent the whole show talking, drinking and acting the maggot. There may have been some of those who have been to many shows but in general the fans go and listen to the music and don't talk their way through the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

mossie wrote: »
    I don't think this is what anyone was saying. The complaints are about the people who spent the whole show talking, drinking and acting the maggot. There may have been some of those who have been to many shows but in general the fans go and listen to the music and don't talk their way through the show.

You were at a gig with another 34,999 people. Some of them will be dicks and act the maggot. Some of them will have very little interest in the show. That's life. Short of getting Bruce to lay on a personal show for you in your living room, you need to learn to live with this crap. If you can't get over it then maybe live gigs aren't for you.

And my comment above aren't just aimed at today's comments. There has been an undercurrent of Bruce snobbery throughout this thread. Knowing more Bruce songs then the next guy doesn't make you a better person. It just means you know more Bruce songs then the next guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

I think the muppets that people are talking about will talk non stop, act the maggot, shout abuse at ALL concerts.They're muppets full stop.Its not exclusive to Bruce.I too cant figure why someone would pay 90 Euro to NOT watch the show.

Sorry for those of you who experienced it.For me I can say that this was a perfect Bruce show in every sense.We were surrounded by and entertained in the pit by groups of fans from Canada,Limerick, Belfast and Dublin who were great company and very friendly.We got a pre show at 5.30, the setlist was amazing,Bruce was in great form and the weather was glorious.Oh and thanks to the fact that the in laws live in Limerick we were able to walk home after the show in ten minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ligind

You were at a gig with another 34,999 people. Some of them will be dicks and act the maggot. Some of them will have very little interest in the show. That's life. Short of getting Bruce to lay on a personal show for you in your living room, you need to learn to live with this crap. If you can't get over it then maybe live gigs aren't for you.

And my comment above aren't just aimed at today's comments. There has been an undercurrent of Bruce snobbery throughout this thread. Knowing more Bruce songs then the next guy doesn't make you a better person. It just means you know more Bruce songs then the next guy.

I cannot agree with you there Swanner , I was on the left side of the pit and we had 2 groups either side of us who talked loudly throughout the gig and at times drowned out the quieter parts of songs.

There was a lot of people passing in and out to the toilets and for drink almost as soon as Bruce was on stage. A lot of beer ended up being spilled on top of people.

There was no hassle or trouble but its not snobbery to expect that most people in the pit to be there for the music , and if the music is not your thing then fair enough but is it too much to ask that people do respect those that are there for the music by at least shutting up for some of the time.

ankaragucu wrote: »
    I think the muppets that people are talking about will talk non stop, act the maggot, shout abuse at ALL concerts.They're muppets full stop.Its not exclusive to Bruce.I too cant figure why someone would pay 90 Euro to NOT watch the show.

Sorry for those of you who experienced it.For me I can say that this was a perfect Bruce show in every sense.We were surrounded by and entertained in the pit by groups of fans from Canada,Limerick, Belfast and Dublin who were great company and very friendly.We got a pre show at 5.30, the setlist was amazing,Bruce was in great form and the weather was glorious.Oh and thanks to the fact that the in laws live in Limerick we were able to walk home after the show in ten minutes!

where bouts were you? l was right in front of the stage to the right...

ligind wrote: »
    I cannot agree with you there Swanner , I was on the left side of the pit and we had 2 groups either side of us who talked loudly throughout the gig and at times drowned out the quieter parts of songs.

There was a lot of people passing in and out to the toilets and for drink almost as soon as Bruce was on stage. A lot of beer ended up being spilled on top of people.

There was no hassle or trouble but its not snobbery to expect that most people in the pit to be there for the music , and if the music is not your thing then fair enough but is it too much to ask that people do respect those that are there for the music by at least shutting up for some of the time.

This is exactly what I experienced, and in the same place, and I agree it's not snobbery to expect people to show consideration. As someone else said these people would do this regardless of whether it's Bruce, U2 or anyone else. I can't imagine going to any show and acting like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

I was kinda in line with Steve's mic.One of the Canadians with us was a distinctive looking guy, big, muscular and shaven headed, wearing a blue t shirt he was.That photo of the queue in Cork has him in it.Still in the blue t shirt which makes me think that that photo is actually from the queue yesterday!

I was kinda in line with Steve's mic.One of the Canadians with us was a distinctive looking guy, big, muscular and shaven headed, wearing a blue t shirt he was.That photo of the queue in Cork has him in it.Still in the blue t shirt which makes me think that that photo is actually from the queue yesterday!

did you manage to shake hands with bruce? l was so close but too small...he shook hands with the woman beside me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

I wasn't far behind you. You must have been very close to Gina - the lady he did For You for - small american lady, long, wavy hair tied back. And you must have been practically beside where there was a bit of conflict with security and a fan. Far as I know he was filming and had been warned twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Its not exclusive to Bruce.
    It makes sense to me why it happens more at a Bruce gig, I was not shocked at all when I saw it happening. There are a few reasons.

The gig is 3+hours, so a long time to keep quiet. They are like fidgety kids in a car "are we there yet, are we there yet", waiting to "arrive" at a song they know.

The tickets are dear but not a ludicrous price, older people would have the income and have the "have to see him at least once" attitude. For younger people it is a full day out as its known to be so long a gig, so its more similar to a festival -where they also may have little interest in the bands. These lads would not consider going on the piss to see Leonard Cohen.

I think if they publicised recent or likely setlists I think fewer "talkers" would go, I think people think they know more of his stuff than they do, or rather expect to know half the songs, but have not fully realised the whole 3+hours thing, so the songs they do know and want to hear are a actually small % overall. They may have been told or researched to confirm he will play what they know. Someone like the rolling stones would attract crowds for similar reasons, but they play shorter times and I expect people know a much higher % of songs, even very casual fans would know a lot.

The long set give more time for them to get drunk, once drunk they think nothing of yapping away. Ever been in a cinema at a midnight slot for a comedy on a friday or saturday night? I was once and it was madness.

Spilling beers is madness, in this day & age I don't know how they haven't got solutions, I have seen drinks capped before, dunno why this is not standard, like mcdonalds cups with lids. And the O2 had cardboard carrier things.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

rubadub wrote: »
    It makes sense to me why it happens more at a Bruce gig, I was not shocked at all when I saw it happening. There are a few reasons.

The gig is 3+hours, so a long time to keep quiet. They are like fidgety kids in a car "are we there yet, are we there yet", waiting to "arrive" at a song they know.

The tickets are dear but not a ludicrous price, older people would have the income and have the "have to see him at least once" attitude. For younger people it is a full day out as its known to be so long a gig, so its more similar to a festival -where they also may have little interest in the bands. These lads would not consider going on the piss to see Leonard Cohen.

I think if they publicised recent or likely setlists I think fewer "talkers" would go, I think people think they know more of his stuff than they do, or rather expect to know half the songs, but have not fully realised the whole 3+hours thing, so the songs they do know and want to hear are a actually small % overall. They may have been told or researched to confirm he will play what they know. Someone like the rolling stones would attract crowds for similar reasons, but they play shorter times and I expect people know a much higher % of songs, even very casual fans would know a lot.

The long set give more time for them to get drunk, once drunk they think nothing of yapping away. Ever been in a cinema at a midnight slot for a comedy on a friday or saturday night? I was once and it was madness.

Spilling beers is madness, in this day & age I don't know how they haven't got solutions, I have seen drinks capped before, dunno why this is not standard, like mcdonalds cups with lids. And the O2 had cardboard carrier things.

This is the messer in me thinking here but having a lid on the pint would make it quite easy to hurl from a distance. And a full pint thrown from afar would do some serious damage.

At least with an open pint/bottle it would disperse before reaching it's intended target.

This is the messer in me thinking here but having a lid on the pint would make it quite easy to hurl from a distance. And a full pint thrown from afar would do some serious damage.

At least with an open pint/bottle it would disperse before reaching it's intended target.

lol :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

And a full pint thrown from afar would do some serious damage.

A mcdonalds style cup I am talking of would probably also disperse, the lids are not attached tight and it would crush on impact easily enough. I would rather be hit by a pint in a closed mcdonalds cup than a open 500ml bottle of coke, which they usually do allow in gigs without the caps.

I have seen them at a gig before where you would have expected the usual plastic cups. In other gigs they had pouches of wine, I am shocked there are not loads of more solutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

EdK wrote: »
    Got a last minute ticket for my brother on ticketmaster he works in Mallow so won't get there till late, I already have tickets in hand and the card used is in my name ill be inside by the time he gets there and don't want to be looking for him close to show time

Any ideas on box office times, can I pick up at any ticketmaster location or just at Pairc B/O? Anyone know opening times?

Not sure what time they're opening at but FYI the Ticketmaster collections office is the same as the Marquee one so it's back a small bit from the stadium.
    All collections are there as are re-issued tickets etc. and it's the only collection point for this gig afaik.
    If anyone has sought to have tickets re-issued or has tickets to collect best to keep an eye out on the way to the stadium as it's a small bit of a walk back if you pass it by.

Also FYI, EdK, you won't be able to come back out to make contact with your brother if you go in before him as the searches are a small bit in front of the scanners so you won't be able to pass through both.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 movingtocobh

Hi everybody,

I will be attending my first concert in Cork.

Any suggestions about parking?
    I'm planning to leave work around 16.30h and should be close to the stadium around 5pm.

Any feedback greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

Anybody know what time the first roll call for Cork is in the morning? I was thinking of heading down tonight but I can't make it but I'd like to get a number first thing in the morning and queue for the day.

I was talking to some people who were in the queue already today and they said the first one is at 8AM tomorrow, but Greasy Lake says 9AM?

Apprently a roll call has started already for belfast??!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

Yes I can confirm that the Belfast q has started. Current info is no roll tonight. Rolls tomorrow at 9am, 2pm
    and 8pm and that is current plan for Friday too

Advertisement