Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just about to leave Meath for Cork now, and im absolutely buzzing, cant wait. is there any pubs near the pitch where i can get some refreshments before i head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Just about to leave Meath for Cork now, and im absolutely buzzing, cant wait. is there any pubs near the pitch where i can get some refreshments before i head in.

The sextant is on Kennedy quay as you come over the bridge near the clarion hotel - it's on the corner of the street - cant miss it when you are coming over the bridge - presuming you're coming from that direction. There's also the venue bar which is on blackrock road - can walk down towards Monahan road from there then - which is where people are queuing at the moment apparently.

I'm sure there are loads more but that's all I can think of

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

leahyl wrote: »
    The sextant is on Kennedy quay as you come over the bridge near the clarion hotel - it's on the corner of the street - cant miss it when you are coming over the bridge - presuming you're coming from that direction. There's also the venue bar which is on blackrock road - can walk down towards Monahan road from there then - which is where people are queuing at the moment apparently.

I'm sure there are loads more but that's all I can think of

Thanks Leahyl, oh I'm staying in the Ambassador, is that far from the pitch?

It's a bit of a trek alright - by foot anyway. I would say either get a taxi to as far as it can take you and them walk the rest - it'll be hot so you don't want to walking all the way I'd say - the ambassador is on the north side of the city whereas the stadium is on the southside.

Or you could always hop on the number 8 bus by st Luke's cross which is right near the hotel and then get off at the bus station in town and then walk to Lapps quay (about 3/4 min walk) and get on one of those shuttle buses that will bring you straight to Pairc ui Chaoimh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

10 minute walk downhill into the city and then 20mins out to pitch or a bus if you want

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 hewlett

We plan on arriving at around 4pm. Does anyone know which entrance the pit passes are expected to be handed out from?

hewlett wrote: »
    We plan on arriving at around 4pm. Does anyone know which entrance the pit passes are expected to be handed out from?

No idea really - we all just seem to be guessing! But the queue at the moment is on the Monahan road side as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I'm going to the gig with a friend but she fell yesterday and hurt her back and isnt sure how she will fare out as we have standing tickets.
    Is there normally somewhere one can sit down if not feeling too well ?

Zardoz wrote: »
    I'm going to the gig with a friend but she fell yesterday and hurt her back and isnt sure how she will fare out as we have standing tickets.

I'm sure they'll allow you to sit somewhere Zardoz, even though its sold out there are a lot of tickets flying around so if they aren't sold by tonight then there'll be a few seats I'm sure??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

There'd be no shortage of people on www.toutless.com or http://www.backstreets.com/btx/viewforum.php?f=10&sid=f028d5c5f96c994ba1c22d7427fcc61c who'd be willing to trade seated for standing tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

JJ wrote: »
    There'd be no shortage of people on www.toutless.com or http://www.backstreets.com/btx/viewforum.php?f=10&sid=f028d5c5f96c994ba1c22d7427fcc61c who'd be willing to trade seated for standing tickets.

Thanks for that guys.
    Ideally I'd like to stand initially and see how it goes.
    Perhaps leaning against the rail at the back of the pit wouldnt be too bad ?

Any other venue I'd swap for seated tickets but unfortunately I am tall so I have no chance of fitting into the seats there ,a 70 minute match is murder on me so I cant imagine 3.5 hours.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Thanks for that guys.
    Ideally I'd like to stand initially and see how it goes.
    Perhaps leaning against the rail at the back of the pit wouldnt be too bad ?

This is your best option, in my opinion. Best of both worlds. No sense swapping and potentially getting seats miles away only to find you might have survived standing after all.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Bruce doing an acoustic set since 4.30 and I'm marooned outside in the queues which haven't moved since I got here at 3! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Very little chance of pit passes. Been here since 320 and still in queue have moved about 10m. Seems everyone turned up early today. Per show acoustic show just over

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

Bruce doing an acoustic set since 4.30 and I'm marooned outside in the queues which haven't moved since I got here at 3! :(

Friend just rang me and I got to listen to I'll Work for your Love

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ????happy000

Hi Guys :)

What road is the entrance for standing ?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

We got here about quarter to 3. Had red route tickets but queued on Monahan road as that's were they said the pit queue was.

We got in bout 4.15 and were lucky enough to be here for Bruce to do the acoustic set

Pre show
    I'll Work for your Love
    Girls in their summer clothes
    Real World

Irishshin wrote: »
    We got here about quarter to 3. Had red route tickets but queued on Monahan road as that's were they said the pit queue was.

We got in bout 4.15 and were lucky enough to be here for Bruce to do the acoustic set

Repeatedly told the wrong info bout where to queue for the pit!Am seriously raging!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

loverslane wrote: »
    Pre show
    I'll Work for your Love
    Girls in their summer clothes
    Real World
    Cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

Can someone tell us how the queues worked please?So the pit queue roll callers got in first (how many?) and then what happened?

Yes the pit organisers are first to go in and everyone just follows in number order and take whatever spot they want

ankaragucu wrote: »
    Can someone tell us how the queues worked please?So the pit queue roll callers got in first (how many?) and then what happened?

Have been told all sorts of different info of how to get into the pit.Aiken staff are a ****in' joke.So pissed off over it.

Yeah the guys in the yellow bibs usually havent got much of a clue.The ones to ask are the guys in black polo shirts and black pants.

Yeah the guys in the yellow bibs usually havent got much of a clue.The ones to ask are the guys in black polo shirts and black pants.

2 of them in all black said follow red route and you'll get in no problem.Has taken the gloss off it all now but have calmed down abit.

I feel your pain ConcertKing, but there's always someone worse.Similar happened to us a few years back for one of Bruce's shows.We had travelled to Hamburg for it, were in plenty of time for pit passes but were sent on several wild goose chases before missing out.Try to put it behind you and enjoy the show.

I feel your pain ConcertKing, but there's always someone worse.Similar happened to us a few years back for one of Bruce's shows.We had travelled to Hamburg for it, were in plenty of time for pit passes but were sent on several wild goose chases before missing out.Try to put it behind you and enjoy the show.

I know your right and I will try.Thank you. :)

You're probably gonna get Darkness or Born In The USA in full tonight so it could be worse.I'm sitting here watching Evelyn Cusack's ugly mug forecasting the weather on RTE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭RoboAmish

Corkonians get "Girls In Their Summer Clothes":eek:

Not that I'm displeased (far from it!) with the pre-show we got in Limerick but quite fond of that song:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

seeing on twitter that if you weren't there for roll-call you dindnt get a pit wristband tonight??..
    any truth in this??..

in other news Kilkenny ticket been aquired now :D

Advertisement