Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

Aiken website says there are three entrances to Kings Hall arena, all on the Lisburn Rd.And looking at google satellite map of the venue it looks small.It's that green sorta square out the back of the indoor arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 hmw

re Cork gig wonderful night but for very large poster held up by two girls alot of the time no one behind could see stage eventhough just 10 rows back. wish people would put down signs once he starts to sing and limit their size. it's gone too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

hmw wrote: »
    re Cork gig wonderful night but for very large poster held up by two girls alot of the time no one behind could see stage eventhough just 10 rows back. wish people would put down signs once he starts to sing and limit their size. it's gone too far.

It wasnt an American flag poster by any chance ?
    These people have no respect for other people ,by all means hold stuff up between songs but put them down during songs,its extremely selfish .
    mossie wrote: »
    I didn't get in the pit last night but I was just outside the barrier and it was fine. The pit looked only about half full from where I was, certainly far less full than Limerick.

It was very sparse ,could be some health and safety thing .
    Last gig I was at in Pairc Ui Chaoimh was Zoo TV and I was in the pit and I was almost crushed .

You need a fairly full pit ,as it looks bad to the people in the stands seeing empty space in front of the stage.

Alot of complaints on other forums
    "Not just people in the stand section were made wait outside. We all were, seated and standing although I agree it was really frustrating. Also when we were let in first there was no put passes but talking to lads who arrived at 6 they said there were loads and seeing as these guys were about 10 rows back I believe them. Doubt the full 4500 as per Aiken were given out prob 3000. Why they were not first come first serve after the numbered 1000 I don't know. Fab concert though!! Great people around us in the pit when we eventually did get in."

and

"It seems now that the 1000 with numbers were let in and that the gates at the blue route were also opened but the gates at the red route where most people were were not opened. We all had to stand there and miss the pre show despite turning up early. It was a mess with Aiken etc telling some ppl passes were only being given out at blue route but if you had a red route ticket you couldn't enter there. Then other staff were telling ppl that there would be passes on both sides and to stIck to your colour. Basically we had red route tickets and were there early. Initially went blue route as directed to get passes then told we had to go red route where we and hundreds of others of others were held outside until pre show ended. Then when we were let in there was no passes after all at the red route. Total and utter shambles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Nils lofgren tweeted an hour ago...."Thank you Cork. Beautiful crowd . pic.twitter.com/nyXJGFUSHu "

wonder which paper he bought :pac:

Why do they do this?Once the pit queue 1000 are let in, surely all other gates should open at the same time and with a proportionately equal amount of wristbands given out.People aren't queuing for the good of their health (especially in these temperatures) they're prepared to queue to get close to Bruce.All gates should be afforded an equal chance.
    Doubt if anybody is listening though, maybe I'm wrong.

• Advertisement

ankaragucu wrote: »
    Why do they do this?Once the pit queue 1000 are let in, surely all other gates should open at the same time and with a proportionately equal amount of wristbands given out.People aren't queuing for the good of their health (especially in these temperatures) they're prepared to queue to get close to Bruce.All gates should be afforded an equal chance.
    Doubt if anybody is listening though, maybe I'm wrong.

It seems the Monaghan road entrance was the Blue route so.
    I went in there and when queuing up the stewards were shouting at people telling that route was for standing tickets only and seated ticket holders had to wait until later to be left in.
    Insanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

hmw wrote: »

Yeah I agree totally- I love the idea of the requests because it adds to how unique each show is, but I hate the way people hold them up during the songs, it can be really hard to see.

I would have thought after a while it's pretty obvious that he's probably done with the requests anyway, there was a woman beside me holding up hers right to the end, I don't know how her arm wasn't fit to fall off!

We got pit passes and we only went in around 6pm. We'd no intention of going to the pit but they were handing them out as we were passing so we went for them. They probably gave out around 100 at that time from what I saw- didn't realise there had been such hassle for people earlier. The pit definitely could have fit more people though, there was loads of room in there. I feel bad now thinking people had been queuing and didn't get in...

Exiting was really badly organised, took ages to get out- everyone trying to leave through a few very narrow exit and absolutely no one telling us what was happening- there were hardly any lights and there should have been stewards with loudhailers telling people what was going on and where to go. Luckily Bruce crowds are generally laid back and not too boozed up so there was no aggro but people were getting annoyed. I'd hate to think what would happen if there was some sort of emergency too. Glad it wasn't raining either, wouldn't have fancied standing in rain waiting for gate to open! On the plus side for me, the delay meant most of the traffic had dispersed by the time I got to my car so I didn't get stuck in much traffic at all.

The queues for drinks were MASSIVE! I wasn't drinking so it was all the one to me but people must have had to queue for an hour at least for drinks- you had to queue to buy a token first and then queue for your drink, it just looked crazy.

Hope Kilkenny is better organised. I had a ball though, an unplanned pit pass and the drink situation didn't apply to me anyway- but I can understand others being peed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Nils lofgren tweeted an hour ago...."Thank you Cork. Beautiful crowd . pic.twitter.com/nyXJGFUSHu "

wonder which paper he bought :pac:

It's the echo! I'm looking at it now - a 6 page spread!! Still can't actually believe he was here last night! :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

leahyl wrote: »
    It's the echo! I'm looking at it now - a 6 page spread!! Still can't actually believe he was here last night! :-P

aw ha l cant believe lv seen him....was it your 1st concert of his?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

ankaragucu wrote: »
    Once the pit queue 1,000 are let in, surely all other gates should open at the same time and with a proportionately equal amount of wristbands given out. All gates should be afforded an equal chance.

Absolutely. That's the way it used to be. I think the first time they changed it in Ireland was for the Working On A Dream shows. Anyone who was using the Merrion Road entrance (i.e., following the instructions on their ticket) got into the arena, only to discover that the wristbands for the pit were only being given out on the Simmonscourt Road side, at which point they were powerless to do anything about it, as they were now inside the venue.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just home from one of the best gigs i've ever had the pleasure to witness, it was incredible from start to finish, The man is getting better with age, i can only hope i'll look and sound as good as him when i reach 63...........very very unlikely even now at 36.

Personal Highlights for me, Seeds, Born in the USA because last time i saw him sing that live it was an acoustic version, Darlington County, and Wild Thing which was brilliant to watch.

Cant get to kilkenny unfortunately so hope he comes back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

How much are the t-shirts? Serious question, I'm going tomorrow and to the second Kilkenny gig, just wondering which is going to be the best place to pick up a shirt (or two!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Zardoz wrote: »
    The Thomond setlist was vastly superior ,especially the first half of the gig .

I think most fans would prefer Hungry Heart,Spirit in the Night,American Skin (41 Shots),The River ,She's the One,My Hometown,Drive All Night,and Glory Days to any of the songs he added tonight bar Out in the Street.

Tonight might have been better for variety if you are a regular gig attendee but I think the average fan Bruce fan would have been disappointed.Too many curve balls for one night.

I think this is exactly it. All the sings listed above, whilst I'm not sick of them by any means, I've heard at nearly every one of the seven previous gigs I've been too. Maybe that's what has me liking Cork more, the man has that many songs that I'm just happy when he pulls a surprise one out of the bag, even if said surprise isn't my favourite..

I'd say he spotted that many familiar faces in the pit from Tuesday during the pre gig that he decided a "hardcore" set would go down well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

blastman wrote: »
    How much are the t-shirts? Serious question, I'm going tomorrow and to the second Kilkenny gig, just wondering which is going to be the best place to pick up a shirt (or two!)

At the Limerick gig, IIRC they were €20 or €30. Outside from the unofficial vendors, they were €10 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭mossie

JJ wrote: »
    At the Limerick gig, IIRC they were €20 or €30. Outside from the unofficial vendors, they were €10 I think.

Inside most were €30, but there were some for €10 as well. Not sure about the outside vendors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rosa64

Does anybody know which entrance will be giving out pit bands for belfast?

Having been to too many boss concerts to count I really wanna make a concerted effort to at least try and get into the pit this time. I know its gonna be impossible but Ill die happy having tried.:D

rosa64 wrote: »
    Does anybody know which entrance will be giving out pit bands for belfast?

Having been to too many boss concerts to count I really wanna make a concerted effort to at least try and get into the pit this time. I know its gonna be impossible but Ill die happy having tried.:D

Thats the 64,000 dollar question.....!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

Heading up to venue now. Shall let you know

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

Numbers are up to 600 - currently being given out at front of hall

• Registered Users Posts: 86,590 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Very disappointing setlist, it felt very flat in the middle and the crowd only picked up in the last hour.
    He never played The River, despite the stadium beside the Lee.

I was expecting him to end with The River myself :(

Myself and family thought it was a great gig in Cork, great atmosphere and all the people were so friendly, we meet loads of great folks there

My favourite parts of Badlands and Born in the USA

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I was expecting him to end with The River myself :(

Yes, it would have been a nice touch to play it .
    It could have been anywhere in the world he was playing last night ,I dont even recall one reference to Cork ,even something basic would have done.
    Myself and family thought it was a great gig in Cork, great atmosphere and all the people were so friendly, we meet loads of great folks there
    What do you expect ? You were in the true capital of Ireland :D

I thought the crowd ,who were impeccably behaved, deserved a better setlist ,one targeted more for the "casual" fan , but they gave it their all the last hour though .

• Registered Users Posts: 86,590 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yes, it would have been a nice touch to play it .
    It could have been anywhere in the world he was playing last night ,I dont even recall one reference to Cork ,even something basic would have done.

What do you expect ? You were in the true capital of Ireland :D

I thought the crowd ,who were impeccably behaved, deserved a better setlist ,one targeted more for the "casual" fan , but they gave it their all the last hour though .

Didn't he say Rebel County at one time?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

we got to the 1st ticket check up from the ground with 2 signs one saying red route one saying blue route as the steward which one for pit passes and off we went didn't have any of the problems others had queued from 2:40 until 4 and got in and got it

Dear Sir

Pits are entirely down to Bruce Springsteen Tour management and we are not given prior notice of how this will be run on the day.

Kind Regards,
    Aiken Promotions

emailed Aiken about a pit for Kilkenny got this reply

surely there will be one so

Pits are entirely down to Bruce Springsteen Tour management and we are not given prior notice of how this will be run on the day.
    The main head of security yesterday was a topless guy I believe.
    He seemed to be trying to chap up alot of woman when giving them wristbands but any men were gruffly told to go to another guy for a wristband.:D

Thanks again for the update loverslane.Will the pit queue be capped at 1000 do you think?
    Our tickets just say General Admission, there's nothing else like gate number or blue/red/yellow route, nothing.Everyone enters through three gates on the Lisburn Road according to the Aiken website.Any info you hear of benefit we'd be obliged if you would pass on again.

He seemed to be trying to chap up alot of woman when giving them wristbands but any men were gruffly told to go to another guy for a wristband.:D

????? I thought the days of this sort of nonsense were over.

The guy who gave Bruce the giant Irish passport at Thomond was shrewd enough to write his phone number on it and, right enough, Bruce rang him and invited him to the bar in Adare Manor for a drink and to hang out!

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/boss-fan-gives-bruce-a-giftand-gets-passport-to-postgig-party-29433314.html

Was he the guy covered in tats? Seemed ok to me having some banter even let me take in an open can

Was he the guy covered in tats? Seemed ok to me having some banter even let me take in an open can
    Yip
    Fair enough,I may have caught him at a bad time but he is getting a fair bit of criticism on other forums too.
    Security were very relaxed ,I wasnt asked to remove the caps off any bottles I had going in ,and any bottles I bought inside didnt have the caps removed unlike the nonsense at other gigs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 paddyrafa

loverslane wrote: »
    Numbers are up to 600 - currently being given out at front of hall
    Hey Loverslane, any word on the pit for Kilkenny?

Advertisement