Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭hynesie08

8mv wrote: »
    Looks like a fab setlist to me. Were the Nebraska songs solo acoustic or full band arrangements?

Nebraska was acoustic, the rest were band.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Night flew by. Really enjoyed it. Got into the pit after arriving about four. Slowish kinda start but loved some of the stuff i wouldnt really know like 'reason to believe'. Cadalliac ranch was one id been hoping to hear along with shackled and drawn so im happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Just back home in Dublin after Belfast, thought the gig was great tonight. The man and the band never cease to amaze me. Knackered and already looking forward to Kilkenny.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Fantastic concert, I really enjoyed the Nebraska group of songs. They were not solo acoustic, they were with the band. Reason To believe in particular is played much more upbeat than on the album.

Bruce really maintained the momentum throughout, in my opinion the pace didn't drop throughout.

Great view from the middle of the pit. One gripe, can people holding up song request cads think of those behind them. One girl a little bit in front of us basically held up the same card for nearly the whole concert. Could she not get the message that Bruce was not going to play the song? no one objects to the cards if they are held up for a reasonable time and on occasions when Bruce is checking out songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

Incredible show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

just curious..did he stay politically neutral??

i.e. not saying anything pro-nationalist or unionist ?? or mentioning the troubles in any way ??

fryup wrote: »

i.e. not saying anything pro-nationalist or unionist ?? or mentioning the troubles in any way ??

Not a mention...he is a class act you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^

glad to hear, (some artists can put their foot in it when playing up there)

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

I was working at the show last night. The bar queue was a disgrace. Aiken promotions need a kick up the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Did they have the same queue for a voucher and then queue for a drink ****e that was in Cork? Whoever decided on it needs to consider another career

• Advertisement

fryup wrote: »

No flags flying from the flagposts last night.

damianmcr wrote: »
    I was working at the show last night. The bar queue was a disgrace. Aiken promotions need a kick up the arse.

Early on there was no issue with queues. However closer to the the concert the queues were crazy. Huge crowd combined with the hot weather. I agree, we are paying enough for tickets these days for these things to be anticipated and got right.

I was at the gates scanning tickets but as far as I know the bar was using cash.

I would be really mad. There were people who missed about one third of the concert getting a drink.

In the briefing prior to the start the event manager from Aiken Promotions made it sound like the bar was huge and would be no problem. Little did he know.

Nice to see everyone had a great time. It would have put a dampener on it for me.

Thr bar was big enough the problem was they were selling too many types of drink and not pouring pints quick enough. ive been at many concerts and not seen anything as bad.

The bar tent seemed to be the same size one as the rds, but there was only one last night. How Much say would aiken have over it, surely diageo buy a vendors license and then it's up to them to make adequate arrangements? Honestly can't give aiken enough credit for last night, plenty of staff around, queue was handled well and it was easy enough to get a train back to Belfast. Really couldn't expect more of them.

Thats good to hear. I was working the queue and the trains.

No idea who is too blame for the bar but im sure Aiken have to take some responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭RoboAmish

He's been playing a lot of The River over the last few shows... is he gearing up to eventually playing The River in its entirety?

Of course, the crux of the problem is the length of the album but maybe he'll play Disc One and Disc Two on different evenings? Maybe Kilkenny mightn't be a bad place to do it giving the double header.

Just spitballing. It's unlikely, I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭Tsipras

Fade Away!!!
    Sickened i missed that!

He played it in its entirety in New York in 09. He said then it would be the one and only time as it is too long. But never say never ....

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

Brilliant brilliant brilliant show last night!Got back home to Dublin at 1.30am, good going.Was in the pit about 25 yards back.Would concur about some idiots continuing to hold up signs for far too long and at inopportune times.Couldnt detract from an amazing show though.Not one of my favourites but last nights Reason To Believe was probably one of the best songs of the show, as Bruce said, it was "dirty" !
    Great setlist too.Good to hear Rocky Ground in there again, far superior live than on cd.Five song pre show too though Bruce didnt manage all of the Roy Orbison song as he forgot the words but while it lasted his voice sounded beautiful.
    How is a near 64 year old guy still putting on shows like this, its unreal.Every other act going must be embarrassed to behold his live performance.Get to see him if you at all can, there is no one remotely like him.
    By the way, the numerous audience members that got to dance on stage with the band during Dancing In The Dark were great, especially the lady in the white t shirt who danced with Steve, she REALLY enjoyed her moment in the spotlight, very funny!

• Advertisement

RoboAmish wrote: »
    He's been playing a lot of The River over the last few shows... is he gearing up to eventually playing The River in its entirety?

Of course, the crux of the problem is the length of the album but maybe he'll play Disc One and Disc Two on different evenings? Maybe Kilkenny mightn't be a bad place to do it giving the double header.

Just spitballing. It's unlikely, I know.

He played it in it's entirety in msg in 09, fairly sure he said afterwards he'd never do it again purely because it takes up so much of the stylist. Maybe on his 65th birthday when he breaks the 5hr mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭RoboAmish

loverslane wrote: »
    He played it in its entirety in New York in 09. He said then it would be the one and only time as it is too long. But never say never ....

Oh wow, hadn't heard about that:o

dixiefly wrote: »
    No flags flying from the flagposts last night.

Yes noticed that. Gerry Adams was there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Another fantastic show in Belfast. Limerick, Cork and Belfast were all great for different reasons for me, which is pretty much what you get with Bruce gigs.

He was in great form for Limerick and the response he got from the stands was amazing. Loved the song selection in Cork especially Frankie, Seeds, Prove It '78 and Real World.

Last night the inclusion of all those Nebraska songs as well as Fade Away and a brilliant 5-song pre-show made it special as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

loverslane wrote: »
    Yes noticed that. Gerry Adams was there

He did mention the UNIFYING power of rock n roll at the start of the main set.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,413 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

i wonder will bruce do any pre shows in Kilkenny. Maybe come out between support bands sets but i doubt it cause they would not be so intimate due to crowds coming in eariler those days and the shows not been a solo Bruce and E Street show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

does anyone one have any idea or clue at all on how the que for the pit is gonna work next weekend?? (l need to be in the pit again) l was pretty much up to the barrier in limerick, was delighted with my spot so l wanna get as close as possible again...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

There seems to be a lot of complaints about thebeer (&food) queues for all of the concerts so far. Does anyone know who or how you would contact to make raise concerns so it won't be happen in kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

highly doubt there will be a pre show in kilkenny and getting very worried about a pit no1 seems to be able to give a straight answer

in cork on tuesday night they closed the beer voucher vans at 9:20 well at least the one i had been going too even though the bars were open until 10 ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

highly doubt there will be a pre show in kilkenny and getting very worried about a pit no1 seems to be able to give a straight answer

in cork on tuesday night they closed the beer voucher vans at 9:20 well at least the one i had been going too even though the bars were open until 10 ridiculous

what night you going?

Advertisement