Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,414 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

i have a feeling Kilkenny will work a similar way to cork regarding food and drink facilites where it will be located outside the main arena and past the entrance gates.

Nowlan park will be lot smaller than Pairc ui Chaomh so it will be more intimate, looking forward to saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Well, there definitely BE a pit in KK, my mate asked one of the Aiken guys while we were queueing yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Well, there definitely BE a pit in KK, my mate asked one of the Aiken guys while we were queueing yesterday.

what lm wondering about is the people who are going both nights...would they have to be re numbered again for sunday...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

what night you going?

going saturday really hop there is a pit just doubtful

ill be doing well to be there for 11 as well with gates at 12 no chance for me id reckon

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just booked my ticket for this tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Concert Goer

Rumours going round that the man himself will be making an apprearance tonight during Glen Hansard's gig at the Iveagh Gardens. Been told by three different people now.

Surely not. Is he even in the country?

Apparently it's been planned for a year and that he even went and checked out a concert there last year.

Just booked my ticket for this tomorrow

will this be released on dvd do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Rumours going round that the man himself will be making an apprearance tonight during Glen Hansard's gig at the Iveagh Gardens. Been told by three different people now.

Apparently it's been planned for a year and that he even went and checked out a concert there last year.

Yeah. He was at The Waterboys there last year.
    Not unusual for Bruce to stay in a country for a day or two prior to his next gig, if the schedule allows it.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

I thought the Cork gig was fantastic! i didnt get to the venue till bout 4.30. we were way back so thought there'd be no chance of pit pass. got talking to group infront of us and they said there was chaos at some other entrance; that the stewarts wouldnt open a gate and the guards had to be called over. apparently the stewarts were following orders and were told not to open it (even though other stewerts were directing people to that gate!). when we did get in we went racing from the back, up to the pit but it was closed off with stewerts telling everyone that the pit passes were gone, yet you could count the number of people in it! 15 mins later an aiken guy told us there'd be a guy out with passes in a few mins and to wait by an entrance he pointed at. so we went there and waited patiently. a crowd gathered and then the stewerts already there were telling us to go away,that there were no passes left!! about 15 mins later a guy came out with the elusive pit passes and he was swallowed up! after the to-ing and fro-ing i couldnt be bothered and stayed at a great spot where the st johns ambulance crew were. had a great view and a great night! i think ill give up on trying to get into the pit, it has become too stressful and i cant handle the standing around queing anymore as my back is bad. the local radio station the following morning was full of callers giving off mad about the queues for alcohol and the lack of entrances/exits. but they all said the gig itself was brilliant, it was just the housekeeping was the problem.
    have to say though..........limerick gig was better with regard to crowd singing and cheering and the boss going into the crowd. anyway bring on kilkenny!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

As most of ye will know from me posting here it was my first bruce gig on Thursday and I enjoyed it so much that myself and my friends are already talking about seeing him live in another country - would love to see him in the states in New York, MSG or something!!

That's the effect he's had on me! :-P

• Advertisement

leahyl wrote: »
    As most of ye will know from me posting here it was my first bruce gig on Thursday and I enjoyed it so much that myself and my friends are already talking about seeing him live in another country - would love to see him in the states in New York, MSG or something!!

I'd do the exact same if I had the money!

I'd do the exact same if I had the money!

Well we were planning on going on holiday to the states next year anyway - has he done a North American tour already? Like will he be touring again next year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Longford Lass

Unfortunately I decided I had no other choice but to sell my tickets for the Sunday night Kilkenny gig as I'd be coming back to no job and it just seemed the most sensible thing to do.
    For my sanity I think I'm going to have to de select this thread for notifications in an attempt to save my sanity as with every post I'm just getting more and more upset :(((((
    Sorry for moan guys....enjoy one and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Joaquin223

First Springsteen concert in Belfast last night, have to say I was blown away, it was incredible. Large-ish section of fans around me booing at certain points, any idea what that was about?

Well we were planning on going on holiday to the states next year anyway - has he done a North American tour already? Like will he be touring again next year?

I think hes only playing brazil & chile in sept this year where the tour finishes. I cant see him touring next year cause hes been touring since last (since march/april I think)...apprently hes writing a new album atm...so I reckon he might tour again in 2015....next time he comes here lm gonna make sure l get the every concert!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Joaquin223 wrote: »
    First Springsteen concert in Belfast last night, have to say I was blown away, it was incredible. Large-ish section of fans around me booing at certain points, any idea what that was about?

I think it might have been "Bruuuuuuse" not "boooooos"

their saying "Bruuuuucccceeeeee" :D

I think hes only playing brazil & chile in sept this year where the tour finishes. I cant see him touring next year cause hes been touring since last (since march/april I think)...apprently hes writing a new album atm...so I reckon he might tour again in 2015....next time he comes here lm gonna make sure l get the every concert!

Lol! That would be a lot of expense to go to every concert in Ireland!!

Ah well, maybe 2015 for New York so :-P in the meantime best get familiar with his gazillion albums :-P

Lol! That would be a lot of expense to go to every concert in Ireland!!

Ah well, maybe 2015 for New York so :-P in the meantime best get familiar with his gazillion albums :-P

I know but l met a few people in limerick and they were going to all 5 here, l just felt like ld be missing out on all the fun :D met another man and he been to every concert here bar slane (was too young) see l only got into him over a year ago....lv missed too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Joaquin223

tommy2bad wrote: »
    I think it might have been "Bruuuuuuse" not "boooooos"
    their saying "Bruuuuucccceeeeee" :D

Haha god I feel like an idiot for not getting that, I'm grateful for internet anonymity!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

oh ya the bruuuuuuuuuuuuuce chants were hilarious! people were looking around with confused heads when people were calling out bruuuuuuceee!!! i did it at the end and a lady turned and said ' i have to ask! why are ye booing him for gods sake?!' i told her it was bruuuccee, but not to worry because i thought people were booing too, at my first gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

Haha god I feel like an idiot for not getting that, I'm grateful for internet anonymity!

You're not the first nor the last, to have made that mistake.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Ah the classic confusion over a chant that sounds like 'boo'.

It brings me all the way back to the days of Mart Poom and the first time I heard him being booed - "POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM".

Apprently he in chantilly, watching show jumping...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

LMFAO :D:D:D

Welcome to Bruce-dom!

Myself and my friends going to see "Springsteen and I" tomorrow night! Looking forward to it! Damn you Bruce, you got me bad!! :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Unfortunately I decided I had no other choice but to sell my tickets for the Sunday night Kilkenny gig as I'd be coming back to no job and it just seemed the most sensible thing to do.
    For my sanity I think I'm going to have to de select this thread for notifications in an attempt to save my sanity as with every post I'm just getting more and more upset :(((((
    Sorry for moan guys....enjoy one and all!

Longfordlass, sorry to hear that.
    I think you would get a kick out of tracking one of the gigs on http://www.greasylake.org/the-circuit/index.php?/forum/9-the-circuit-bruce-springsteen/
    There are many Springsteen fans worldwide that cannot be there posting and there is a great banter while the gig is going on.

Also, you may get a last minute offer of a ticket and, if the weather is looking good and you have a lift etc then you could make a decision with your heart rather than your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

I've always thought the american crowd take him a bit too seriously.... Really don't think it gets better than seeing him here. Would love to see him him in Jersey though.... Stone Pony would be epic!!

Whats everyone thinking re the next tour being an E street tour? He could go accoustic again or something like the seeger sessions or break the band down altogether and come up with somethinh new? Its definately gutting to see the band without The Big Man, deffo think he was the heart and soul of the band.
    Also had Patti made an appearence since Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

I got the confused/disgusted look from others at my last 3 Bruce gigs! There is a certain smugness about the "inside shout"

Bruuuuuuuuuce!

I'm bringing my teenage daughter to nowlan park on Sunday...... She thinks we're going for lunch :D can't wait to see her face when I hand her a wrecking ball tour t-shirt on Sunday morn!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

any tribute to clarence clemons in his set??

Advertisement