Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Gavlor wrote: »
    I got the confused/disgusted look from others at my last 3 Bruce gigs! There is a certain smugness about the "inside shout"

Bruuuuuuuuuce!

I'm bringing my teenage daughter to nowlan park on Sunday...... She thinks we're going for lunch :D can't wait to see her face when I hand her a wrecking ball tour t-shirt on Sunday morn!!

You are a truely a deadly parent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

fryup wrote: »
    any tribute to clarence clemons in his set??

During 10th ave freezout after the "change was made up town when the big man joined the band" theres a video montage shown of Clarence.... Danny federici is shown also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

fryup wrote: »
    any tribute to clarence clemons in his set??

Yes, during 10th Ave there was a video tribute to the big man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

We got nice and close in Belfast.......pre-show was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

gg2 wrote: »
    I've always thought the american crowd take him a bit too seriously.... Really don't think it gets better than seeing him here. Would love to see him him in Jersey though.... Stone Pony would be

Grand sure we can be the mad Irish lasses up the front singing at the top of our lungs! Give it a bit of life :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 mikeedelemily

There are 7 of us looking for a bus to Bruce Springsteen on Saturday from Portlaois to Kilkenny and back to Portlaois afterwards. Can anyone assist in this? I can get a 14 seat bus so if there are any of ye out there looking to share cost of this, contact me at michaelmcnerney@ymail.com
    Thanks
    Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

I went to see Bruce in limerick on Tuesday night and now I need some help. It was my first Bruce concert, I wasn't the biggest of fans, I knew his hits and I loved his Seeger sessions, but now I'm totally obsessed. I spend the day with The Rising in my head! I have We Shall over come and Wrecking Ball on consent rotation on the car stereo. I spend my time on the Internet researching and learning more.
    I curse the day HMV closed because I can't just nip out and buy an album.

I'm totally obsessed and I don't know what to do. Is there any help for me at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mikeedelemily

4893 wrote: »
    Im staying in Portlaoise... wondering is there any buses going from there??

There are 7 of us looking for a bus to Bruce Springsteen on Saturday from Portlaois to Kilkenny and back to Portlaois afterwards. We can get a 14 seat bus if there are a few of ye interested in sharing. You can contact me on michaelmcnerney@ymail.com.
    Thanks
    Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

Ladies / Gents,

anyone have a feeling in their waters that belfast was recorded for DVD? It was a slight bit shorter than other gigs, and a lot more Cameras in the towers in the crowd IIRC.

Just a thought........

When it finished up, and the band went off it seemed to us that it was definitely being filmed for DVD......just had that feel about it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Gallivanter78

jossnjuice wrote: »
    Ladies / Gents,

anyone have a feeling in their waters that belfast was recorded for DVD? It was a slight bit shorter than other gigs, and a lot more Cameras in the towers in the crowd IIRC.

Just a thought........

When it finished up, and the band went off it seemed to us that it was definitely being filmed for DVD......just had that feel about it!!

Yes agree..lots of whispers going around plus set up took ages

• Advertisement

Son0vagun wrote: »
    I went to see Bruce in limerick on Tuesday night and now I need some help. It was my first Bruce concert, I wasn't the biggest of fans, I knew his hits and I loved his Seeger sessions, but now I'm totally obsessed. I spend the day with The Rising in my head! I have We Shall over come and Wrecking Ball on consent rotation on the car stereo. I spend my time on the Internet researching and learning more.

I'm totally obsessed and I don't know what to do. Is there any help for me at all?

I am the exact same! Getting slightly obsessed with the man now! Anybody female on this thread will appreciate this video also...

Yes agree..lots of whispers going around plus set up took ages

Also, it was the shortest gig on in the recent past........I think thats what gave it away.......

thought the whole band were going to re-appear after Thunder Road!

Also, it was the shortest gig on in the recent past........I think thats what gave it away.......
    thought the whole band were going to re-appear after Thunder Road!

How long was it?

3hrs on the button pretty much.

3hrs on the button pretty much.

Ah right - could be a DVD on the cards alright so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Noticed an extra camera at the back of the pit alright, normally there's just one. No boom though.....

must say, it was the first time ive seen bruce outside of the RDS, and the sound in Belfast was SO superior............quality, clean and crisp.......

and whatever bass boost they used on Shackled and Drawn, it felt like the stage was hopping!!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

At the three Seeger Sessions gigs at the Point that became Live in Dublin, there were fairly obvious signs at the entrances saying that by entering you consent to your image being recorded or something similar. Anything like that at Belfast?

tracert wrote: »
    At the three Seeger Sessions gigs at the Point that became Live in Dublin, there were fairly obvious signs at the entrances saying that by entering you consent to your image being recorded or something similar. Anything like that at Belfast?

I remember that myself alright.........

nope, not in Belfast, although the fact that it was outdoors, it could be different (and also no walls to hang them on!).

Ill keep an eye on the forums to see if anything pops up!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I think they do need to notify you at the entrances if they are recording for a DVD/television.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

The gig finished early cos they had a ferry to catch to the UK for the Cardiff gig.

I heard about a Cardiff gig alright.........

I thought that the tour was in Ireland for the final two weeks with nothing in the middle.......mistake on my part!

Just saw now that theres Cardiff AND Leeds before it hits KK.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Son0vagun wrote: »

His first 7 albums in a box for €20.99, can't go wrong with that at all. You'd be paying more than that probably for just two of them on their own.

http://www.ie.wowhd.com/CD/bruce-springsteen-collection-1973-84-7cd/dp/15458577#bc=f9f2

CiaranK wrote: »
    His first 7 albums in a box for €20.99, can't go wrong with that at all. You'd be paying more than that probably for just two of them on their own.

http://www.ie.wowhd.com/CD/bruce-springsteen-collection-1973-84-7cd/dp/15458577#bc=f9f2

That sounds great! Have never bought from that website before - how much is delivery? Also, how many albums does he actually have?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

leahyl wrote: »
    That sounds great! Have never bought from that website before - how much is delivery? Also, how many albums does he actually have?!

From the tracklist it only seems to have the second half of the river (disc 5), do you reckon this might be a mistake on the listing?

adrian522 wrote: »
    From the tracklist it only seems to have the second half of the river (disc 5), do you reckon this might be a mistake on the listing?

i have no idea, relatively new to Bruce myself so I wouldn't even have noticed that. I can't imagine they'd only give you one half of the River album though?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

leahyl wrote: »

I think WOWhd is free?? I think he has 17 or 18 studio albums, then theres a few box sets, some live albums, and a huge catalogue of bootlegs.... I would recommend Winterland 78 if you can get your hands on it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

There are 7 of us looking for a bus to Bruce Springsteen on Saturday from Portlaois to Kilkenny and back to Portlaois afterwards. We can get a 14 seat bus if there are a few of ye interested in sharing. You can contact me on michaelmcnerney@ymail.com.
    Thanks
    Mike

http://traxmusic.ie will have a return bus going its usually 20 quid for dublin gigs and they are decent about a few drinks and and stuff

gg2 wrote: »
    I think WOWhd is free?? I think he has 17 or 18 studio albums, then theres a few box sets, some live albums, and a huge catalogue of bootlegs.... I would recommend Winterland 78 if you can get your hands on it!!

Good God, I have a lot to catch up on and a lot of lyrics to learn :D

Oh and the other poster is right - not all the songs from the River are on that boxset - not even the actual song The River which is kind of annoying!! Still, might purchase it anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

Anyone heading to Cardiff???? The roof of the Millenium is going to be closed and only one third of the venue being used. Gonna be a small intimate one. Why did I book holidays before full tour was announced??? Gutted to be missing Cardiff and Leeds :-(

Advertisement