Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

gg2 wrote: »
    I think WOWhd is free?? I think he has 17 or 18 studio albums, then theres a few box sets, some live albums, and a huge catalogue of bootlegs.... I would recommend Winterland 78 if you can get your hands on it!!

ya CD wow is free delivery...tempeted to get that boxset but then again I want the indiviual albums :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

adrian522 wrote: »
    From the tracklist it only seems to have the second half of the river (disc 5), do you reckon this might be a mistake on the listing?

I have that boxset and played Disk 1 last evening at home. I can confirm that the 2 Disks from The River are in the boxset including the song The River which is on Disk 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

loverslane wrote: »
    Anyone heading to Cardiff???? The roof of the Millenium is going to be closed and only one third of the venue being used. Gonna be a small intimate one. Why did I book holidays before full tour was announced??? Gutted to be missing Cardiff and Leeds :-(

That should be great ,an indoor gig is always better due to the lighting effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

ya CD wow is free delivery...tempeted to get that boxset but then again I want the indiviual albums :/

I don't have that boxset but I bought it for my friend last christmas and I'd swear once you open it all the cds are in their own cases with original inlay covers just as if they'd been bought separate!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I don't have that boxset but I bought it for my friend last christmas and I'd swear once you open it all the cds are in their own cases with original inlay covers just as if they'd been bought separate!

Really?! Brilliant!!

• Advertisement

as in the plastic cases ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭dendof

as in the plastic cases ya?

I have it, they're slimline cardboard sleeves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Much rather go into a shop and browse. I wanna buy some of his live stuff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Check out this album, possibly the best live album of all time...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live/1975%E2%80%9385

I'll be broke!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Have that on vinyl, you can pick it up quite cheap online

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

leakyboots wrote: »
    Have that on vinyl, you can pick it up quite cheap online

Wow 75-85 that's one long gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I love the way the Japanese CD reissue reinstated the original five-disc version, in keeping with the original vinyl, as opposed to shrinking it down to three CDs like the fat box version that was available for years. :rolleyes:

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Son0vagun wrote: »

no fecking shop to browse near me :(

dendof wrote: »
    I have it, they're slimline cardboard sleeves

Yep the same as Magic and Working on a Dream have come out in

Would love if he done another of these, with plenty of Tunnel of Love stuff, he could bring it right up to before the reunion in order to keep the theme of it being non E Street Band work, then do another from the Reunion tour til the present......... I have some great ideas, I think he should employ me:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

Son0vagun wrote: »

the 'live in new york' cd & dvd is brilliant. also 'live in Hyde Park'. but the live '75 -'85 cd set is a must for boss fans!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,415 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

the 'live in new york' cd & dvd is brilliant. also 'live in Hyde Park'. but the live '75 -'85 cd set is a must for boss fans!
    have london calling live in hyde park blu ray and it is the best concert blu ray i have.

i wonder are they making an irish dvd cause they was a large professenal looking camera in the middle of the crowd at the cork show

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

The live '75 -'85 cd set is on Spotify for those who have an account.

3rd time asking this question on this but does anyone reckon springsteen & I will be released on dvd?? lm working :(

ps. anyone going to see it tonight, dont leave after the credits ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I have got a double dose of Monday blues today after such a amazing week with 3 fantastic shows. I can't seem to get any work done. Thankfully we get to do it all again next weekend in Kilkenny!!!

Eh?!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭dendof

leahyl wrote: »
    Eh?!
    Some extra footage after credits!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

Here are the stage times for the kilkenny gigs this weekend...

Please note the following stage times for The Wrecking Ball Weekender, Nowlan Park, Kilkenny this weekend.

SATURDAY 27TH JULY

GATES OPEN - 1.00pm
    Act I - 2.15pm Josh Ritter
    Act II - 3.30pm Damien Dempsey
    ... Act III - 5.00pm Glen Hansard
    BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN & THE E STREET BAND - 7.00pm

SUNDAY 28TH JULY

GATES OPEN - 1.00pm
    Act I - 2.15pm Delorentos
    Act II - 3.30pm LAPD
    Act III - 5.00pm Imelda May
    BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN & THE E STREET BAND - 7.00pm

*Times subject to change*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

dendof wrote: »
    Some extra footage after credits!

As far as I know the extra footage is from Hard Rock Calling at Hyde Park last year with some MacCartney included.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Going tonight. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭RoboAmish

3rd time asking this question on this but does anyone reckon springsteen & I will be released on dvd?? lm working :(

I should think so. Nothing concrete but I'd be surprised if it wasn't, it could surely reach a larger audience... the "one day only" release isn't going to suit everyone so there should be enough demand from some Springsteen fans for the product to be released.

At least... I hope so! I can't bloody make it either.

I'm going eeek! A bit of Bruce on a Monday evening - cant wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

Well since everything else makes it to DVD eventually, this should too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

Does anyone know of any bus going from Kells or Navan, Co. Meath to the Springsteen concert in Kilkenny for this Saturday?

Advertisement