Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

el tel wrote: »
    What time was the pre-show? I was in the venue by 5pm.

Pre show started 17.45

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

leahyl wrote: »
    I was there too! :D Can't believe they didn't show it! :mad:
    I went to see it in the LightHouse in Dublin. The screen went black after the Hard Rock Calling gig, and a few minutes later, Epilogue (the word) appeared on the screen for around a minute and then they showed it.
    Did you leave before it came on maybe? Or did the lights come on in the cinema after Hard Rock Calling?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

cee_jay wrote: »
    I went to see it in the LightHouse in Dublin. The screen went black after the Hard Rock Calling gig, and a few minutes later, Epilogue (the word) appeared on the screen for around a minute and then they showed it.
    Did you leave before it came on maybe? Or did the lights come on in the cinema after Hard Rock Calling?

I sat for five minutes waiting for the crowd to leave before me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Really hope this makes it to DVD .... and soon!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

It's 75% of the legendary Planxty (Liam O'Flynn, Andy Irvine and Donal Lunny) with Paddy Glackin. The LAPD acronym comes from the initials of their first names. They're superb at what they do, but I'll be very interested to see how well they work in a stadium to an audience that isn't their own. I suspect when people get used to a bunch of old fogeys on stage playing Irish trad, they'll get into the spirit of it.
    The dream would be for Christy Moore to turn up and do the legendary Raggle Taggle Gypsy/Tabhair Dom Do Lámh medley with them, but that is a bit of a tall order. :D

I agree, these guys are absolute legends. In fact I am surprised that Imelda May is ahead of them on the bill. Anyone who knew the trad & folk scene in Ireland in the late seventies and early eighties will confirm this.

have a look on youtube at Planxty at Vicar Street or LAPD at Electric Picnic. Only possible issue, as you say, is how their music will transfer to a bigger stadium many of whom dont know their music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

lertsnim wrote: »
    I sat for five minutes waiting for the crowd to leave before me.

Same here - myself and my friend waited for the rest of the people to leave and there was nothing, the lights came on and all. That's really annoying now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

dixiefly wrote: »
    Only possible issue, as you say, is how their music will transfer to a bigger stadium, many of whom don't know their music.

I think a shrewdly-chosen set list by them will work wonders. It's not the type of music where you need to know the melodies to appreciate them. I suspect (and hope) that even the most cynical of audiences could not fail to be appreciative. On paper, they're an unlikely choice for the bill, but they could actually work a treat on the day.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

leahyl wrote: »
    Same here - myself and my friend waited for the rest of the people to leave and there was nothing, the lights came on and all. That's really annoying now!

I was at Mahon Point as well, the 6.20 showing. I remembered the notice at the start saying that Hyde Park and a meet and greet with fans would be shown after the film but, like you say, the lights came on after Hyde Park stuff. Bad form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

I don't think most people in Blanch knew what he was talking about in the intro to Red Headed Woman.....maybe they were too disgusted to make a sound, but I was the only one laughing :)

Have that show on bootleg somewhere.....

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

loverslane wrote: »
    Pre show started 17.45

No earthly way it started at 5.45.......

I reckoned it was going to begin @ 5.30.....and timed my enterance for about quarter past ..........only to get a call five minutes away that the pre-show was over.

It started at half four id say.

• Advertisement

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    I don't think most people in Blanch knew what he was talking about in the intro to Red Headed Woman.....maybe they were too disgusted to make a sound, but I was the only one laughing :)

Have that show on bootleg somewhere.....

What was the intro??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

jossnjuice wrote: »

I reckoned it was going to begin @ 5.30.....and timed my enterance for about quarter past ..........only to get a call five minutes away that the pre-show was over.

If you're talking about Belfast then yeah, he came on as we walked in so I'd say it was about 4.45, maybe a little earlier or later, but there or thereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

gg2 wrote: »
    What was the intro??

Couldn't possibly discuss here, might get banned :D

Just think of the lyrics to the songs.....

jossnjuice wrote: »

Apologies it was 4.45 - just looked back on a text I sent someone when he was singing Maria's Bed and that was at 4.50pm

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Couldn't possibly discuss here, might get banned :D

Just think of the lyrics to the songs.....

Now I'm raging I didn't see it!!

remember oneof the first bootlegs i got had the song "Cunnilngus" on it! Jaw dropping! Think that was the moment I fell in love with Bruce!!

No pre show in Cardiff

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

Here's one to test the Bruce masterminds... how many individually different songs have been played on this Wrecking Ball world tour (including pre-show songs)? So I'm not talking about Born to Run x 120 shows = 120, I mean Born to Run 1, Thunder Road 2, etc... I'd say he has far and away a record for the number of individually different songs played on a world tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

Standing on Saturday, seated on Sunday.Never been to Nowlan Park, wondering what my seat will be like, can anyone enlighten me please.
    We're in the new stand, Ardan na Gras? in section F, row G, seats 17 and 18.
    Hope its not bad news?

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

Standing on Saturday, seated on Sunday.Never been to Nowlan Park, wondering what my seat will be like, can anyone enlighten me please.
    Hope its not bad news?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 nokb

I read somewhere, greasylake maybe, that it has been 210 individual songs so far on this tour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭interlocked

Including pre shows and tonight in Cardiff(so far) I think we're at 218

212 in show plus 6 pre shows

http://brucebase.wikispaces.com/List+of+songs+performed+on+the+Wrecking+Ball+Tour

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

01. This Little Light Of Mine
    02. Long Walk Home
    03. Adam Raised A Cain
    04. Prove It All Night
    05. TV MOVIE (Sign Request) WORLD PREMIERE
    06. Cynthia (Sign Request)
    07. Roulette
    08. Death to My Hometown
    09. We Take Care of Our Own
    10. Wrecking Ball
    11. Spirit in the Night
    12. Hungry Heart
    13. My City Of Ruins
    14. We've Gotta Get Out of This Place (The Animals cover) (with Eric Burdon)
    15. Boom Boom
    16. Cadillac Ranch
    17. Summertime Blues
    18. You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)
    19. Pay Me My Money Down
    20. Shackled and Drawn
    21. Waitin' on a Sunny Day
    22. The Rising
    23. Badlands

24. Tougher Than The Rest
    25. Born to Run
    26. Ramrod
    27. I'm a Rocker
    28. Dancing in the Dark Play list from cardiff tonight. No Album

clickhere wrote: »
    02. Long Walk Home
    03. Adam Raised A Cain
    04. Prove It All Night
    07. Roulette
    08. Death to My Hometown
    10. Wrecking Ball
    11. Spirit in the Night
    12. Hungry Heart
    13. My City Of Ruins
    15. Boom Boom
    16. Cadillac Ranch
    17. Summertime Blues
    19. Pay Me My Money Down
    20. Shackled and Drawn
    22. The Rising
    23. Badlands

25. Born to Run
    26. Ramrod
    27. I'm a Rocker
    28. Dancing in the Dark Play list from cardiff tonight. No Album

Thunder Road acoustic at the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

02. Long Walk Home
    03. Adam Raised A Cain
    04. Prove It All Night
    07. Roulette
    08. Death to My Hometown
    10. Wrecking Ball
    11. Spirit in the Night
    12. Hungry Heart
    13. My City Of Ruins
    15. Boom Boom
    16. Cadillac Ranch
    17. Summertime Blues
    19. Pay Me My Money Down
    20. Shackled and Drawn
    22. The Rising
    23. Badlands

25. Born to Run
    26. Ramrod
    27. I'm a Rocker
    28. Dancing in the Dark
    29. 10th Avenue Freeze-Out
    30. Shout
    31. This Little Light Of Mine (reprise)

32. Janey Don't You Lose Heart (solo acoustic)
    33. Thunder Road (solo acoustic)
    SOME SHOW. HOPE KILKENNY IS AS GOOD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

clickhere wrote: »
    02. Long Walk Home
    03. Adam Raised A Cain
    04. Prove It All Night
    07. Roulette
    08. Death to My Hometown
    10. Wrecking Ball
    11. Spirit in the Night
    12. Hungry Heart
    13. My City Of Ruins
    15. Boom Boom
    16. Cadillac Ranch
    17. Summertime Blues
    19. Pay Me My Money Down
    20. Shackled and Drawn
    22. The Rising
    23. Badlands

25. Born to Run
    26. Ramrod
    27. I'm a Rocker
    28. Dancing in the Dark
    29. 10th Avenue Freeze-Out
    30. Shout
    31. This Little Light Of Mine (reprise)

32. Janey Don't You Lose Heart (solo acoustic)
    33. Thunder Road (solo acoustic)
    SOME SHOW. HOPE KILKENNY IS AS GOOD

No Born in the USA wtf ?

What a set list - loved that he did 4 from
    Tracks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

The Cardiff setlist is just incredible. TV Movie, Cynthia, Roulette, Tougher Than the Rest, Janey Don't You Lose Heart. Five songs from The River. Unbelievable stuff. Probably my second favourite set of the tour after Rome. Not that I was at either, regrettably...

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Tougher Than The Rest!!!!!!!!! The very first Bruce song I fell in love with! No longer a favorite but would absolutely love to hear it live! Come on Kilkenny!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

ankaragucu wrote: »
    Hope its not bad news?

Posted this elsewhere but got no reply. it sort of anwers your question >>

I've been trying to work out where our seats are for the gig and I'm confused. Different seating maps have the the blocks labelled differently.
    For example here
    http://www.piltown.kilkenny.gaa.ie/miscellaneous/stadium-seating-plans
    and here http://windgap.kilkenny.gaa.ie/useful-links
    the blocks run A-I from county to city end
    but on the ticket master site the blocks runs I-A from county to city as it does here on http://www.kilkennygaa.ie/news/read/id/805

I'm in block C which means depending on which map is right I'm either right beside the stage which was what I thought when I booked them or on the other end of stadium . Anyone shed some light on this.

Advertisement