Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

I'll chip in for petrol costs as well for anyone heading back to Cork on either night after the gig!!!!

Need my Bruce fix!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

You could stay in Waterford. Check Irish rail to see if any room left on 11:30 train.

yea i've just been looking at that, though Portlaoise would be a better option as i'll be coming from the north east. Anyone have any idea on what the transport options would be from Portlaoise? Theres a few hotels available (and i'm a non driver)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,612 ✭✭✭Speak Now

gilmour wrote: »
    yea i've just been looking at that, though Portlaoise would be a better option as i'll be coming from the north east. Anyone have any idea on what the transport options would be from Portlaoise? Theres a few hotels available (and i'm a non driver)

I would guess no public transport options or specials at that hour. Could try Laois forum and see if any private buses going with spare seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

tommy2bad wrote: »
    In fairness if you have attended all the gigs, you kinda deserve some beautiful reward.
    I know people who have gone to all the irish ones and one who went to Cardiff as well.

A rewars? Youve been & seen the boss more than most! Thats enough of a reward!

Most of us can afford 1 maybe 2 shows at most, we should have the same opportunity to get to the front if we're there early, without the need to move coutry to facilitate this!

Roll call should be at venue only!

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

As Dr Nick said it was all a misunderstanding. A tweet was read wrong and started all the fuss. No numbers were given out in Cardiff or Leeds and the only numbers so far were given out in Kilkenny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭interlocked

Ok, this is the crack There are two lines, one for each night. You can only queue in one line. If you choose! Night 2], there will be roll calls during Night 1's concert. Security, which I presume is Aitken"s lads, have specifically requested this arrangement. There are a bunch of Germany fans running the line. The Apaches will arrive over the hill from Leeds in the morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Ok, this is the crack There are two lines, one for each night. You can only queue in one line. If you choose! Night 2], there will be roll calls during Night 1's concert. Security, which I presume is Aitken"s lads, have specifically requested this arrangement. There are a bunch of Germany fans running the line. The Apaches will arrive over the hill from Leeds in the morning :D

Thanks interlocked, so that's more or less official?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Is it gonna be harder to get into the pit then limerick? We won't br arriving til 2 or after (taking the train)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TriBeCa

I'm going to both Sat and Sun in Kk and hoping to do a bit of queuing to get into the pit one of the days . Only thing is my tickets are seated, would I still be able to get onto the pitch with a seating ticket. I know it wasn't an issue for Cork as you could go on and off pitch no bother just wondering if it'll be the same in Kk?

Well I'm one of Zardoz,s loons.:P Am going spend the next two days on the lash in KIlkenny. Drowning my sorrows over missing Cardiff. Great craft beer here. Anyway I'm in the list for night 1. Switched from Night 2 when I realised that I"d miss Night 1 on roll calls. Some of the Germans have tickets for Night 2. Others for both nights. About 20 in total at moment. That will change with the 0630 flight from Leeds to Dublin in the morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

We are currently experiencing some pretty big episodes of thunder and lightening in Kilkenny.

Everyone say a few prayers to whatever god you believe in for good weather at the weekend. It'll be very annoying if it's bad out considering how good the weather has been lately.

He shouldn't have played Thundercrack tonight. Asking for trouble!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

We are currently experiencing some pretty big episodes of thunder and lightening in Kilkenny.

Everyone say a few prayers to whatever god you believe in for good weather at the weekend. It'll be very annoying if it's bad out considering how good the weather has been lately.
    I've been to great Bruce gigs in the rain in the RDS... if a gig in that hole can be good in the rain, then it can be good anywhere... Bruce shall ovecome!

Anyone going by car or know of a bus from Kells/Navan to Kilkenny on Saturday... I would be willing to share costs.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Seems bizarre that he wouldn't play his biggest hit .

He seems to be playing alot of rare stuff towards the end of this tour and leaving out alot of his biggest hits which is disappointing for the casual fan.
    A few of my friends were very disappointed with the setlist in Cork last week ,too much filler they thought and not enough hits.

I'm convinced some fans would say the setlist was superb even if he played 30 of his worst songs,that he never played live before ,all they want is rare stuff.
    Buy why are the casual fans disappointed, Bruce's shows for 40 years have NEVER been about the 'hits'. He is virtually unique in Rock in that he has the confidence and ability to vary his set so much. Most of his sets only have a max of 50% overlap! No other artist would dare to do that, they play the same 17 'hits' over and over for the entire length of the tour. I know that might be a surprise to the casual punter to a Bruce show, but its one of the things which make the man Great. Plus he seem to be playing 30 - 35 songs per night, twice the number of many other artists. Its been written on this site that he's played 220 different individual songs on this tour - an amazing stat. - Bruuuuuuuuce!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Goreme wrote: »
    I've been to great Bruce gigs in the rain in the RDS... if a gig in that hole can be good in the rain, then it can be good anywhere... Bruce shall ovecome!

We just had a blackout there. Worst thunderstorm I can remember for years here.

I wouldn't a bit of rain at it but then I'd have to go home before heading out. Bit of extra hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

We just had a blackout there. Worst thunderstorm I can remember for years here.

By that rationale, we're practically guaranteed Who'll Stop the Rain, Thundercrack and - wait for it - When the Lights Go Out. :D

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Up to 222 songs for the tour so far. And x that"s without dipping into a lot of his back catalogue. Zardoz, tell your buddies to buy tickets for the next U2 tour. They" ll be much more happy about the playlist. I can"t see Bono bothering with fan requests:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 paddyrafa

Does anyone know what times the roll-calls will be at in KK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Kind of getting sick of reading about "casual fans" moaning over gig set lists and no "hits". It's like a casual fan turning up at Old Trafford and getting a 0-0 result and booing the team because they paid £60 for a ticket and didn't get their 5-5 goal fest.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

I can understand casual fans complaining about not getting enough 'hits' or well known songs at a Neil Young gig but not at Bruce. Because he plays over 30 songs per night he caters to everyone there by doing rare stuff, album tracks, covers and the big hits. Just look at the Limerick set for example - Badlands, Hungry Heart, The River, Thunder Road, Born To Run, The Rising, My Hometown, Born In The USA, Glory Days and Dancing In The Dark. That must be half the Greatest Hits album (excluding the Rising). The encore in particular is usually jammed packed with the big hits and very well known covers such as Twist and Shout and Shout or recently This Little Light Of Mine.

Can't wait to Kilkenny this weekend. Going to both shows - very surprised he hasn't done an 'album show' at any of the past four gigs. Would love to hear Darkness in full but if he keeps up these brilliant setlists I would be just as happy with a normal but long show. Hopefully at least half the songs on the Sunday or different to the Saturday like last year in the RDS.

Any set list for tonight yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

gg2 wrote: »
    Any set list for tonight yet?

http://brucespringsteen.net/shows/07-24-13-leeds-uk they got secret garden, lucky sods

http://brucespringsteen.net/shows/07-24-13-leeds-uk they got secret garden, lucky sods

And Should I Fall Behind :(:( Though to be fair I don't think I could handle hearing that song live....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

That Leeds set is bloody tragic... Was only saying leaving Cork that all I really have left to hear is the "soundtracks" ie Secret Garden, The Wrestler, Streets Of Philadelphia and how I doubt I ever would.... Then boom! :-(

Also, yeah, If I Should Fall Behind.... Would only be in ribbons hearing that!

No This Little Light though... TBH I could do without hearing that in KK, after Limerick and Cork the novelty is fading on me

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

secret garden and if i should fall behind .. gutted hopefully might get one of the 2 on saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 13 let there be light

I have two double rooms available for bruce in my own house im about a 10minute walk from the gig secure parking in a safe estate..didnt know until recently such a demand for rooms can message me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 superman76

I know he plays some of these the odd time and 16 are from his solo albums but would love to hear

independence day
    downbound train
    I'm on fire
    tougher than the rest
    walk like a man
    tunnel of love
    brilliant disguise
    one step up
    valentines day
    I wish I were blind
    with every wish
    lucky town
    if I should fall behind
    book of dreams
    my beautiful reward
    the ghost of tom joad
    youngstown
    sad eyes
    nothing man
    paradise
    leah

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

This article...

http://stayhardstayhungry.wordpress.com/2013/07/22/and-then-there-were-four-a-preview-of-the-end-of-the-wrecking-ball-tour/

... that dixiefly posted a few pages back has already proved to be correct with two specific predictions: Local Hero and Gotta Get That Feeling.

I'd love if he did a few Tracks songs in Kilkenny. Six songs were done from it between Cardiff and Leeds, and Roulette appeared at both.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

gg2 wrote: »
    And Should I Fall Behind :(:( Though to be fair I don't think I could handle hearing that song live....

Screw you you leeds B******rds!!!!

If i should fall behind acoustic...........even the idea of that gives me a lump in the back of the throat!!

Advertisement