Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Is it just me or is the stage at the other end?
    See this photo up on http://www.greasylake.org/the-circuit/index.php?/topic/115063-kilkenny-pit/

9357419057_0ba5625ff6_b.jpg

No it's just me the TM map is upside down from where I'm standing .

• Registered Users Posts: 6 areo

would i get away with sleeping in the car in one of the car parks sun night? only got a ticket and have left it too late to arrange accommodation and want to have a few drinks at the gig

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭RoboAmish

gg2 wrote: »
    My favourite album too!! In all the shows I've been to I've never heard one song from the album live :(

Hell yeah. Joining the Tunnel Of Love love-in here. Easily a top 5 album for me. One of his most mature and lyrically interesting albums. Wrecking Ball kinda reminded me of it at times, with it's slightly more cynical approach than the usual Boss fare, but Tunnel is a lot darker.

Was gutted when I saw Cardiff got Tougher Than The Rest. One of my favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

areo wrote: »
    would i get away with sleeping in the car in one of the car parks sun night? only got a ticket and have left it too late to arrange accommodation and want to have a few drinks at the gig

There is a posting here offering accomodation. I don't know anything about them, just saw the post.

http://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16774&start=315

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

RoboAmish wrote: »
    Hell yeah. Joining the Tunnel Of Love love-in here. Easily a top 5 album for me. One of his most mature and lyrically interesting albums. Wrecking Ball kinda reminded me of it at times, with it's slightly more cynical approach than the usual Boss fare, but Tunnel is a lot darker.

Was gutted when I saw Cardiff got Tougher Than The Rest. One of my favourites.

I think just knowing the background story to it makes it all the better. And the video for Brilliant Disguise is just amazing. So raw.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

areo wrote: »

If you are spotted asleep in the car by a cop and once you turn on the ignition and pull off you'd better be certain you're under the limit cos you might be monitored,sounds far fetched but i have heard of it happening.
    Have a breathalyzer with you and go walk for breakfast the following morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

Yeah Tunnel Of Love is an album I go back to again and again.Kinda Bruce's first songs about mature love and relationships.We got Julianne to thank for a lot of that album.The song Cautious Man, my God, gets me every time.
    Going both days in Kilkenny.To see the end of maybe the greatest tour ever is gonna be special.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Lads and lassies, we have a campaign on Greasy Lake to say 'thank you' to Bruce

http://www.greasylake.org/the-circuit/index.php?/topic/115115-signs-for-kilkenny/

On twitter please ask @bacstreetsmag @brucemovis @_BOSS_TALK @Stan_Goldstein and any other high profile Bruce related susbscriber to RT the following:

PLS RT:Bruce fans coming to Kilknny to write thank you on back of their sign & turn rnd whn band comes on sun #thanksbruce

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Is it just me or is the stage at the other end?
    See this photo up on http://www.greasylake.org/the-circuit/index.php?/topic/115063-kilkenny-pit/

9357419057_0ba5625ff6_b.jpg
    Any sign of the pit yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,603 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hope the weather is good for the Kilkenny gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

regarding accommodation , i have a twin room in a b and b for sat and sun
    if someone is stuck and doesn't mind sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Omg reading all this reminds me of the excitement last week before the Cork gig!! Can't believe it's a week ago already :-O wish I was going on Sat and Sunday! Have a great time guys and here's hoping he'll do a tour around Ireland again!

Dr. Nick wrote: »

http://www.greasylake.org/the-circuit/index.php?/topic/115115-signs-for-kilkenny/

On twitter please ask @bacstreetsmag @brucemovis @_BOSS_TALK @Stan_Goldstein and any other high profile Bruce related susbscriber to RT the following:

PLS RT:Bruce fans coming to Kilknny to write thank you on back of their sign & turn rnd whn band comes on sun #thanksbruce

What a brilliant idea! Has it been done before?? Hopefully not! I'll be taking public transport with several changes to get to the gig so will have to sort out something portable but not piss poor at the same time! I haven't done a sign request simply because I wouldn't be fit to handle it if he played it. Me and bruce had a bit of a moment a few years ago in the point and i was in tears the rest of the gig- learned my lesson there! But would deffo do this! Is this being done saturday and sunday?

Also whats the deal with greasy lake? I was on the sony board and BTX years ago... Was great to be part of a bruce community!

leahyl wrote: »
    Omg reading all this reminds me of the excitement last week before the Cork gig!! Can't believe it's a week ago already :-O wish I was going on Sat and Sunday! Have a great time guys and here's hoping he'll do a tour around Ireland again!

I'm just dreading the bruce blues :( they are the worst!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Goreme wrote: »
    Any sign of the pit yet?

Not particularly.

1f093cda91f967defaca1e8c6b49eaa5.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13 let there be light

Have two double rooms available for bruce springsteen weekend this is a private house only 10 minutes walk from concert safe with secure parking can message me interested.thanks

Whats the capacity of Nowlan park? It looks tiny.......

gg2 wrote: »
    Whats the capacity of Nowlan park? It looks tiny.......

Ha. It's capacity is about 1,500 shy of Thomond Park's and Nowlan Park can seat more. It's not THAT tiny.

25,000 for the concert apparently.

The normal seating capacity is around 17,000 but one of the stands won't be used. I reckon about 14,000 people will be able to sit down there depending on how much of the stadium they use.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

Dr. Nick wrote: »

Great idea and much deserved.
    The Our Love Is Real sign in Milan was spine tingling.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Can't wait for this gig tomorrow. Yes tomorrow, so close.

Bruce is in Kilkenny, was bowling last night and in Eddie rockets. Hope they didn't give him food poisoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MatthewMonster

How's the queue/list looking now guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

Not particularly.

Hey Jimmy, thanks for the photo - very interesting - no pit (yet?). By the way, where did you get the photo from?

Not particularly.

Hey I can see my house from up here!

Pit is just a railing so it could go up in an hour or two. Might need room to get around first before they put it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Goreme wrote: »
    Hey Jimmy, thanks for the photo - very interesting - no pit (yet?). By the way, where did you get the photo from?

Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Some severe rain at the venue. Mate put up vid from backstage at it.

Mushy wrote: »
    Some severe rain at the venue. Mate put up vid from backstage at it.

And now the sun is splitting the stones. This is going to be one of those rain coat on, raincoat off, raincoat on again gigs.
    Or it could be fine all evening or wet. Ireland eh!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Good, I'd hope it doesn't rain for the people. And wasn't fully sure if pitch was covered in full, but thankfully it is.

• Advertisement

The one good thing about the rain is it hasn't really lasted for longer than 40 minutes. The heavens have opened for that time but it's more than likely going to be sunny for a few hours after.

Advertisement