Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

Any sign of the Boss out and about today?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

ankaragucu wrote: »

He's down in the worlds end playing darts and drinking Tuborg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

ankaragucu wrote: »

Gone fishing seemingly....he was in one of the local shops buying bread rolls this morning, assume for the fishing trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Right ppl, I'll see ye at the gig, I'm off home now to join the que.
    Enjoy it, hope the thunder showers stay away :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

This may sound ridiculous, and I'm pretty sure that I know the answer already, but does everyone who wants to get into the pit have to queue up? By any chance, can one person hold a place for others?

I have a feeling that the answer will definitely be no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭trinib

Just seen this on Facebook mite be of use to somebody, im not connected in any way to the hotel.

Step House Hotel
    Hi everyone, are any of you going to see Bruce this weekend in Kilkenny? Well we have a couple of rooms left and 5 self catering cottages available on Sunday night, we are located a mere 25 minutes from Kilkenny City PLUS we do not charge extortionate prices like Kilkenny hotels are charging for accommodation this weekend.....even if you have to fork out for a taxi, you will still be making a saving. Call reception on 0599773209 for more details...

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Frank03

BP92ZWzCQAAKUq3.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Gone fishing seemingly....he was in one of the local shops buying bread rolls this morning, assume for the fishing trip.
    Along with a can of Club orange and tayto crisps and a twix, or so I heard!!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭trihead

I have read the instruction that were emailed out - but does anyone know if there is a charge for the park and ride?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 paddyrafa

Does anybody know the roll-call time/times for tomorrows pit in the morning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 RumMonkey

Does anyone know if you can bring bottled water in? Do they take it off you? I think at slane I had to remove the caps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

paddyrafa wrote: »
    Does anybody know the roll-call time/times for tomorrows pit in the morning?

10 tonight and 9 tomorow morning. No role call after that, it's que for the rest of the time. Thats from a friend in the que, I haven't gotten down yet, dinner an all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

RumMonkey wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can bring bottled water in? Do they take it off you? I think at slane I had to remove the caps.

At thomond you could bring in water and food, just had to take the cap off the bottle, keep a few in your pocket until you get in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 loriboss10

66 in queue for Sat night at 1pm.

Are they giving out pit numbers already???

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

anyone knw the alcohol arrangements for tomorrow. hope they have Bulmers, didnt really enjoy Heineken at the cork gig

• Registered Users Posts: 7 loriboss10

Frank03 wrote: »
    BP92ZWzCQAAKUq3.jpg:large

Very Good!! You should print out a poster of that for the week-end!:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,612 ✭✭✭Speak Now

PTH2009 wrote: »
    anyone knw the alcohol arrangements for tomorrow. hope they have Bulmers, didnt really enjoy Heineken at the cork gig

Oh no dont tell me thats the only choice :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

RumMonkey wrote: »

On the Wrecking Ball Weekend website it says 'No alcoholic drinks or plastic bottles are permitted.' Does anyone know for certain if you can't bring in anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Hi all. I am seeing the Boss on Sunday in KK. I have the train tickets booked though ticketmaster but cannot seem to find any info on the departure times from Dublin to KK, and then back. Anyone know what the story is? Or if anyone is planning on going on Saturday could they PM me?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

shalalala wrote: »
    Hi all. I am seeing the Boss on Sunday in KK. I have the train tickets booked though ticketmaster but cannot seem to find any info on the departure times from Dublin to KK, and then back. Anyone know what the story is? Or if anyone is planning on going on Saturday could they PM me?

http://www.wreckingballweekender.com/getting-nowlan-park.shtml
    Getting there by Train

Heuston Train Station, Dublin – MacDonagh Train Station

Wreckingball Train

Saturday 27th July & Sunday 28th July
    An extra train from Dublin to Kilkenny has been added for Sunday 28th July and is on sale now

Train schedules as follows:
    Saturday Dep. Heuston at 1220 arrive Kilkenny 1335
    Sunday Dep. Heuston 1220 arrive Kilkenny 1350
    Return Saturday and Sunday
    Kilkenny Dep. 0030 Heuston arr. 0150

They are also printed on the tickets

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Davy wrote: »

Hi Davy! Thanks for that... I saw that but it looked to me like that was the extra train that had been added! Damn. I was hoping to go down later :( Should have brought seated tickets GAH

PTH2009 wrote: »

I'm setting my expectations at rock bottom with regard to this. I'll be going sober for the concert I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

I'm setting my expectations at rock bottom with regard to this. I'll be going sober for the concert I think.

from driving past today I think its budwiser that have the bars for Kilkenny, as lots of budwiser flags flying about

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Looks like The Boss is in Dublin . My friend just met him in some pub on Georges St

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

Looks like The Boss is in Dublin . My friend just met him in some pub on Georges St

The long hall no doubt!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 paddyrafa

tommy2bad wrote: »
    10 tonight and 9 tomorow morning. No role call after that, it's que for the rest of the time. Thats from a friend in the que, I haven't gotten down yet, dinner an all :D

Thanks Tommy2bad.
    Do you reckon they will still be giving out numbers until 9am so?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

jossnjuice wrote: »
    The long hall no doubt!

It's been known.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 johnnyz

hi my train ticket says returing to dublin at 12.50 am,just wondering the gig will be over before 11 so why would you have to wait nearly 2 hours for the train to leave,seems very long.

johnnyz wrote: »
    hi my train ticket says returing to dublin at 12.50 am,just wondering the gig will be over before 11 so why would you have to wait nearly 2 hours for the train to leave,seems very long.

So people can pop into a few pubs along John Street before getting the train :P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

So people can pop into a few pubs along John Street before getting the train :P.

How far is the train station from nowlan park? Walking distance?

Advertisement