Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

gg2 wrote: »
    How far is the train station from nowlan park? Walking distance?

5 mins literally

• Registered Users Posts: 8,612 ✭✭✭Speak Now

How far is the train station from nowlan park? Walking distance?

Few minutes is all. Couldn't be closer really, other side of shopping center.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭joni1

Anyone recommend places to park for the Kilkenny gig? Coming in from the Waterford side. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Looks like The Boss is in Dublin . My friend just met him in some pub on Georges St

Really?!

Says here in The Independent that he was bowling in Kilkenny earlier today!

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/bruce-springsteen-goes-bowling-in-kilkenny-29450455.html

Would he make the journey up for a pint only to have to head back down again tomorrow,

I guess its possible.

Really?!

Says here in The Independent that he was bowling in Kilkenny earlier today!

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/bruce-springsteen-goes-bowling-in-kilkenny-29450455.html

Would he make the journey up for a pint only to have to head back down again tomorrow,

I guess its possible.

Bowling was last night!

Is The Dylan whiskey bar the only place in Johns street for a few decent beers, wont be dragging herself up to Parliament street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Bowling was last night!

Is The Dylan whiskey bar the only place in Johns street for a few decent beers, wont be dragging herself up to Parliament street.

Well it's one of the best, but Billy Byrnes is good,. If you have time try Cleers or Ryans on Friary St. Tynans at Johns bridge. Man, your in Kilkenny, so many good pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

So according to my facebook sources:

He was in burdocks earlier today
    And then working off his fish and chips in the gym above in Tescos on Baggot St later

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Well it's one of the best, but Billy Byrnes is good,. If you have time try Cleers or Ryans on Friary St. Tynans at Johns bridge. Man, your in Kilkenny, so many good pubs.

Yeah thanks the above are all decent options, just trying to steer clear of the pubs that offer Budweiser/Diageo/Heineken/Coors pee only.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Yeah thanks the above are all decent options, just trying to steer clear of the pubs that offer Budweiser/Diageo/Heineken/Coors pee only.

Brewery Corner

A: 29 Parliament Street, Kilkenny City is what your looking for then!
    Enjoy the show!
    Worth the walk down, so is Cleers btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shaneosexual

Re: box office collection.
    Does anyone know if you can collect tickets for Sunday today?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 areo

Can people who go today give us a weather update,what the pitch is like,will welly's be needed,are the parking area's mud etc,cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Re: box office collection.
    Does anyone know if you can collect tickets for Sunday today?

I collected my box office tickets at the booth in Stephens green on Tuesday so I'm sure there'll be no prob getting them today

areo wrote: »
    Can people who go today give us a weather update,what the pitch is like,will welly's be needed,are the parking area's mud etc,cheers

Pitch is covered. Park and rides wont be of course but i dont think the heavy thundery showers have got into the ground too much after a very dry 2 months. No wellys needed unless its your choice of fashion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

It's Bruce Day! Again! Woohoo!

So excited!

Enjoy everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

areo wrote: »

It is currently sunny in Kilkenny. That means nothing though. The weather can change in minutes. I think it's meant to be kind of showery later on but nothing too bad I hope.

Parking area shouldn't be muddy unless the ground is completely crap. Don't bother with them. You'd need them for a total of 20 seconds if anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

anyone queing for the pit for 2maro? where bouts do I go to get a number? on the way up now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

I'm after getting seated tickets, anyone know if can still get into the pitch ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Whats the pit situation? Just on the train now! Its boss time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

anyone??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,570 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Anyone know what beer will be available at the gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

KevIRL wrote: »
    Anyone know what beer will be available at the gig?

budwiser flags flying so must be bud

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Forster

Pit in at 12.30 1000 let in. GA queue then let in - just a couple of hundred at that stage

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭trinib

Bud,Stella cidre at bars wine n bottled carlsberg in the pit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Beer in the bars is bud, but lads walking around selling Carlsberg too. Got a pit band no bother, queries for max twenty minutes, still handing them out now.

Can't wait now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

It is currently sunny in Kilkenny. That means nothing though. The weather can change in minutes. I think it's meant to be kind of showery later on but nothing too bad I hope.

Parking area shouldn't be muddy unless the ground is completely crap. Don't bother with them. You'd need them for a total of 20 seconds if anything.
    it's going to hold off..mihgt be slight drizzle but nothing to get worried about.
    www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2963398

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭trinib

Smithwicks too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

niallo24 wrote: »
    Beer in the bars is bud, but lads walking around selling Carlsberg too. Got a pit band no bother, queries for max twenty minutes, still handing them out now.

Can't wait now!
    Thanks for the update. So it seems that you were ok at 1pm. I am thinking in terms of tomorrow which will prob be a little more difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Just told theres no wristbands left?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Just told theres no wristbands left?

Yeah lad in front of me apparently got the last one. I drinks are 5 euro. Bud, cider, smithwicks, guinness

Advertisement