Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hope its not the same tommorow with wristbands? Wont be down there till 3:30 ish :( . Hopefully with fact the Kilkenny match is on tomorrow people wont be in too early

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Try other stewards, some might have some from different entrances etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

CiaranK wrote: »
    Try other stewards, some might have some from different entrances etc.

No, much too late at this stage. I came in at around 2.30,no wristbands art our entrance. Other side there were but all gone by the time I went over apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Eoinconway

KILKENNY SUNDAY - ACCOMODATION AVAILABLE

Cant make it to the gig on Sunday, so just putting it out there that there's a double room now available which I had booked for Sunday night in Kilkenny.

The Rafter Dempsey's Pub & B&B, right in the city centre just off High St.
    056 7722970

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Here Comes The Sun

Hi,

Anyone staying in Carlow for Bruce tomorrow night?
    As far as I can see, only option to get from Carlow to Kilkenny is a train at 10.11, which is a bit early and there is no public transport coming back to Carlow after.
    Anyone know of any other bus operating?
    Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

l arrived round 3pm... l have a blue ticket for 2maro...went to the gate...theres people taking numbers again for the pit..just like in limerick cork and belfast etc...all l know is its in the 70s now, next roll call 6.30..this is only at the blue gate dont know about anywhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Managed to get one about 2.30 thank God must have struck it lucky!! Is this big black tent at the righy of the stage gonna be there 4 the whole gig? :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

OMG you guys must be so excited!! Wont' be long and he'll be on stage!! Have a great time and I wanna hear the setlist as soon as possible :D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Challo

Looks like Ticketmaster have released a final set of tickets for tomorrow night if anyone's still looking!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭RoboAmish

Challo wrote: »
    Looks like Ticketmaster have released a final set of tickets for tomorrow night if anyone's still looking!

Saw that while booking tickets for the Lord of the Rings in the 02... have to say, I'm sorely tempted but my wallet wouldn't thank me for it and it's kind of on too short notice for me.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Any park and ride from Thurles or Urlingford?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Is the standing tickets for sunday on sale now says price level 2
    Is that open standing or in the terrace?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

Nice start tonight so far, still playing tour premiers at the end:

1. This Little Light of Mine
    2. Badlands
    3. Out In The Street
    4. SHAKE (Sam Cooke)
    5. SWEET SOUL MUSIC (Arthur Conley)
    6. Death To My Hometown
    7. Johnny 99
    8. Stand On It
    9. Wrecking Ball
    10. Long Time Comin
    11. Jack Of All Trades

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

EDIT: Nevermind!!

Doing the full BITUSA album tonight apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lmao_Man

Anyone know the best place to get parking? Heard its €20 near Nowlan Park!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Start: 19.33

01. This Little Light of Mine
    02. Badlands
    03. Out in the Street
    04. SHAKE (Sam Cooke, Sign Request)
    05. SWEET SOUL MUSIC (Sign Request)
    06. Death to My Hometown
    07. Johnny 99
    08. Stand on It
    09. Wrecking Ball
    10. Long Time Comin'
    11. Jack of All Trades
    12. The River

BORN IN THE USA album
    13. Born in the U.S.A
    14. Cover Me
    15. Darlington County
    16. Working on the Highway
    17. Downbound Train
    18. I'm on Fire
    19. No Surrender
    20. Bobby Jean
    21. I'm Goin' Down
    22. Glory Days
    23. Dancing in the Dark
    24. My Hometown

Savage setlist !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

RoboAmish wrote: »
    Doing the full BITUSA album tonight apparently.

Yeah, sounded pretty good from my garden, gutted he played it tonight instead of tomorrow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

ceegee wrote: »
    Yeah, sounded pretty good from my garden, gutted he played it tonight instead of tomorrow

Dont worry, id imagine sunday will be even better, as its the last gig of his european tour I think, and ive heard its his wifes birthday tomorrow, and hes planning a surprise for her, with rumours of a surprise guest appearance tomorrow for a duet.

Doing Drive All Night with Glen Hansard now...

• Advertisement

Her birthday is Monday, she'll be 60 :) Apparently Bruce is going back down to Castlemartyr (where he stayed when he was in Cork) after tomorrow nights show - a work colleague of mine heard on the radio that he has the place booked again and is having a party there or something - perhaps a birthday celebration for his wife:)

2. Badlands
    3. Out In The Street
    4. SHAKE (Sam Cooke)
    6. Death To My Hometown
    7. Johnny 99
    8. Stand On It
    9. Wrecking Ball
    10. Long Time Comin
    11. Jack Of All Trades
    12. The River
    Born In The U.S.A. Full Album
    13. Born In the U.S.A.
    14. Cover Me
    15. Darlington County
    16. Working On The Highway
    17. Downbound Train
    18. I'm On Fire
    19. No Surrender
    20. Bobby Jean
    21. I'm Going Down
    22. Glory Days
    23. Dancing In The Dark
    24. My Hometown
    End Of BitUSA full album
    25. Waitin' On A Sunny Day
    26. The Rising
    27. Land Of Hope And Dreams
    ----Encore 1----
    28. Drive All Night (with Glen Hansard)
    29. Born To Run
    30. 10th Avenue Freeze-Out
    31. Shout
    32. This Little Light of Mine
    ----Encore 2----
    33. Thunder Road(acoustic obvs)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

leahyl wrote: »
    2. Badlands
    3. Out In The Street
    4. SHAKE (Sam Cooke)
    6. Death To My Hometown
    7. Johnny 99
    8. Stand On It
    9. Wrecking Ball
    10. Long Time Comin
    11. Jack Of All Trades
    12. The River
    Born In The U.S.A. Full Album
    13. Born In the U.S.A.
    14. Cover Me
    15. Darlington County
    16. Working On The Highway
    17. Downbound Train
    18. I'm On Fire
    19. No Surrender
    20. Bobby Jean
    21. I'm Going Down
    22. Glory Days
    23. Dancing In The Dark
    24. My Hometown
    End Of BitUSA full album
    25. Waitin' On A Sunny Day
    26. The Rising
    27. Land Of Hope And Dreams
    ----Encore 1----
    28. Drive All Night (with Glen Hansard)
    29. Born To Run
    30. 10th Avenue Freeze-Out
    31. Shout
    32. This Little Light of Mine
    ----Encore 2----
    33. Thunder Road(acoustic obvs)

Really good setlist ,alot of his big hits,wouldn't have minded that setlist in Cork .

Zardoz wrote: »
    Really good setlist ,alot of his big hits,wouldn't have minded that setlist in Cork .

Def - would have loved I'm on fire and glory days and my hometown from that in Cork! Ah well, just means I have to go to more of his shows! Hopefully he has another 20 years in him anyway :pac:

Also, check out this link - can listen to some of the show here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/rare-springsteen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

delighted l heard lm on fire even tho l didnt see him perform it...cant wait for 2maro..delighted with my pit number too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

He was amazing BUT he looked ****ed for the last few songs :-( maybe i'm just comparing him to limerick.... Amazing gig though! Where is patti has she been at any of the irish gigs?

gg2 wrote: »
    He was amazing BUT he looked ****ed for the last few songs :-( maybe i'm just comparing him to limerick.... Amazing gig though! Where is patti has she been at any of the irish gigs?

Well he is 63 :-P

Seriously though I'd say he's pretty whacked, he's bound to be, coming to the end of the tour and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wow what a gig. Saw him in cork on the 18th while it was a epic gig i thought the setlist lacked some songs that i personally like but Kilkenny night 1 was everything that i wanted. Played my fav album in full, performed The River and it was a nice touch to perform with Glen Hansard. Really liked how the river kind of came as a suprise after Jack of all trades

I thought Nowlan Park was very good as a venue, the sound was brillent, the only downsides was there wasant much leg room in the uncovered new stand seats and that the food and drink stands were a bit away from the stand but its just the general layout of the place so there was no way around it.

Thought Bruce was brillent tonight and really looked like he enjoyed the gig. Enjoyed Glen Hansard especially the Auld Triangle cover with Damien Dempsey, so was it actually The Frames that played with him, pity he didnt play Falling Slowly. Heard a bit of Damien Dempsey outside but didnt see him cause the Steward told us we were at the wrong gate so we had to walk around only to discover that the steward was wrong. Saw Bruce and co going into the stadium in there blacked out cars.

Would only love to have tickets to night 2 because i think it will be special (possibly LAPD will perform Americanland with Bruce) but happy enough with Cork and Kilkenny night 1 as my Bruce gigs for 2013. Hopefully i will see him again in 2015 or whenever he comes back

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Pardon my French, but that was ****ing unbelievable.

My first time to see Bruce and it was in the stadium that I grew up adoring as a youngster. 10 minute walk from my house. Been to a crazy amount of matches there and played a few hurling matches there in primary school. Never thought I'd be seeing Bruce fricking Springsteen there though.

We went in a few minutes before 2 and got into the pit. Absolutely delighted. Credit to most of the people in there. That was one of the nicest pits I've ever been in. We laid out for a few minutes after Glen Hansard. I was almost ready to fall asleep until someone spilled a pint on me. No harm done. He woke me back up straight away. BTW I wasn't bored or anything. We were out the night before and we were absolutely wrecked.

I know a good few of his songs but not enough to join in in everything he played. As such, I was delighted when he BITUSA in full - I know everything on that.

I can honestly say I only have two complaints. Firstly, it felt like the whole of Ireland was walking past me to get out of the pit. It was a joke. Feck off.

Secondly, he could surely have gone on for a few more hours :pac:.

My parents were at it. Haven't had a chance to talk to them yet. Only in the door from the pub now. I don't know why I'm even on this. I'll be in bits tomorrow. I'm looking forward to me dads review though. He went in knowing almost no Bruce songs. It'll be interesting to hear what he says.

I'm gutted that it's the end of the tour tomorrow and I don't have a ticket. I'd love to be going again.

Special mention has to go to the support acts. They were fantastic. And the E Street Band were incredible. I love Steven van Zandt. What a cool guy. Also, Max Weinberg is a genius. His stare was fantastic every time he was showed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Sorry lads, I know this was probably asked already, but coming from Dublin, what car park am I most likely to end up in, and will it be walking distance from the stadium or park and ride?

Advertisement