Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Parking from Dublin is at St Canince's Hospital. €10 for the day and loads of room. 10 minutes walk to the Park. Leave the traffic go at the end and you'll have a straight run back to Dublin.

Brilliant gig last night. BITUSA in full and finally getting to hear Thunder Road live made me so, so happy. Still smiling at the memory of last night. 3 hrs 15 minutes by my watch but worth every penny. I'm in bits after it and got home at 2am but no complaints. Third time seeing him live but he gets better. The man's is just brilliant. Anyone who's there tonight you're in for a treat.

Have to say Glen Hanasrd & co doing the Auld Triangle was a great way to build up to Bruce as well and i'ld say Hansard's in hospital with happiness after singing with Bruce.

One thing that amazed me was the amount of people who were at the gig who seemed to have no interest in being there. They were far more interested in going up and down to the bar or the toilets. Why would anyone spend €90+ on a ticket for any gig and then spend that time drinking while chatting away at the gig? So much for a recession.

Saw one guy give dogs abuse to a girl who was staggering around throwing drink on everyone and he was dead right. And as for the idiot who spent 5 minutes belting off me looking for a light and some of his mate's drink, yes 'i'm a grumpy little f***er' cause i like to go to see a legend and not bother about fools like you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭ooter

did anyone get the train back up to dublin after the gig last night,was there enough room for everyone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Highlight of the night for me.
    Glen fella did us all proud:)
    http://youtu.be/dElsEEk1k7g

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭irishbuzz

Just on the train down. Gonna be a great day.

Anyone care to recommend a pub for a few decent pints, some food and catching a bit of the hurling before heading to Nowlan?

ooter wrote: »
    did anyone get the train back up to dublin after the gig last night,was there enough room for everyone?

We missed our lift back to Dublin and got on the train without even being asked for tickets and there was plenty of room. There seemed to be 2 or 3 trains back to Heston.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

irishbuzz wrote: »

Anyone care to recommend a pub for a few decent pints, some food and catching a bit of the hurling before heading to Nowlan?

Lannigans on rose inn street has lots of tvs and does nice food for decent prices. Not too close to Nolan park but only a 10 minute walk away. Closer to the gig venue, you have Langtons of course and Billy Byrnes on John street, but Billys wouldn't be the best for watching sport in in my experience.

Theres plenty of places to choose from on John street though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

irishbuzz wrote: »

The Set at Langtons has the match on a big screen, handy cos it ten min from the stadium.
    I'd get up early tho cos everyone from KK will join the que after the match.
    well not everyone but enough to make it a pita quewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Esterhase

chinguetti wrote: »
    One thing that amazed me was the amount of people who were at the gig who seemed to have no interest in being there. They were far more interested in going up and down to the bar or the toilets. Why would anyone spend €90+ on a ticket for any gig and then spend that time drinking while chatting away at the gig? So much for a recession.

I could also see a few people around me who didn't seem to be that interested. I found it quite strange - they made the effort to turn up early enough and get quite close to the stage, but had no life in them once the gig started. Just standing there, no cheering, clapping as if they were only doing it to be polite. One fella spent as much time watching Aiken staff going about their business as he did looking at the stage. But I suppose different people enjoy gigs in different ways, for all I know they might have loved listening to the music without feeling the need to dance and sing along. They stuck out like sore thumbs with the rest of us going bananas though!

First time I saw Bruce, and loved every minute of it. I'm knackered now, but would head back to Kilkenny right this second if I thought I stood a chance of seeing him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Gavlor wrote: »

I'm bringing my teenage daughter to nowlan park on Sunday...... She thinks we're going for lunch :D can't wait to see her face when I hand her a wrecking ball tour t-shirt on Sunday morn!!

I actually thought for a second that her head was going to explode with excitement :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Best time i've seen him yesterday, the weather, the crowd, the support, the legend himself as expected, set list.. it was all perfect, what a day/night.

Going again now, i can't see how yesterday could ever be topped but we'll see...

• Advertisement

Such a brilliant gig. Anyone get any good pics of Bruce and glen playing together? Would love to see em:)

david75 wrote: »
    Such a brilliant gig. Anyone get any good pics of Bruce and glen playing together? Would love to see em:)

Here you go!

This is a good one:)
    null-1425.jpg

Seems glen thinks so too:) couldn't be happier for him:)
    null-297.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

ooter wrote: »

Loads of room. We got the 12.50am train back. Everyone had two seats to themselves. Very quiet and everyone was asleep for the duration. Back in Dublin just after 2am. I had been dreading the trains but they were perfectly run throughout. Not overbooked at all, very punctual and quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭ooter

We missed our lift back to Dublin and got on the train without even being asked for tickets and there was plenty of room. There seemed to be 2 or 3 trains back to Heston.
    Buer wrote: »
    Loads of room. We got the 12.50am train back. Everyone had two seats to themselves. Very quiet and everyone was asleep for the duration. Back in Dublin just after 2am. I had been dreading the trains but they were perfectly run throughout. Not overbooked at all, very punctual and quick.

that's great,thanks folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Anybody from Cork going tonight?! Any chance you could hold up a sign asking him to play Glory Days in honour of the Cork team??! :-P

leahyl wrote: »
    Anybody from Cork going tonight?! Any chance you could hold up a sign asking him to play Glory Days in honour of the Cork team??! :-P

Maybe Glory days for the Kilkenny team, and Born to run for the Rebels!

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Maybe Glory days for the Kilkenny team, and Born to run for the Rebels!

No Glory Days for Cork cos JBM is bringing those days back for Cork woohoo!! :-D

For cork? You should probably read the lyrics to glory days ;)

For cork? You should probably read the lyrics to glory days ;)

I know the lyrics...it's just the title of the song really I guess :-P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭gombín

For anyone in Kilkenny this evening, ENJOY!

Even if this evening's set is half as good as last night's gig, you're in for one hell of a treat.

Bruce really is like a good wine; he just gets better and better every time I see him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

The population of Kilkenny has pretty muched doubled this weekend! Its so busy.
    Hope you enjoy the (town) city as much as you enjoy the concert. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Someone make him play the soundtrack off The Wrestler. Brilliant song

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

what a great gig last night. Bruce and the e-street band are true professionals and they love their music.

I had one gripe about the gig, and it's not about Bruce or the music, unfortunately the booze took hold of too many so called 'fans' from where I was standing.
    There were way too many fully grown adults in the horrors loudly talking over the entire set.
    At the few rare times when Bruce took a break from the music to talk to us we couldn't hear a word he was saying because of the drunken fools near us. They spent most of the time with their backs to the stage even.

Why do idiots like that bother going to gigs? It's a pure facebook syndrome, just to say they've been there seems to matter. As long as they can post their pics they are happy.

Towards the end of the night the amount of boozed up zombies stumbling about the place was unreal.

But all in all, what a show, I was looking forward to seeing Bruce and the E Street band and wow, they impressed. If anyone wants to learn how to work in a band and how to conduct themselves as musicians then last night was the master-class.

I had one gripe about the gig, and it's not about Bruce or the music, unfortunately the booze took hold of too many so called 'fans' from where I was standing.
    There were way too many fully grown adults in the horrors loudly talking over the entire set.
    At the few rare times when Bruce took a break from the music to talk to us we couldn't hear a word he was saying because of the drunken fools near us. They spent most of the time with their backs to the stage even.
    Noticed that too! Even the pit had it's share of morons. Something I don't usually see at Springsteen gigs.
    Oh well, you cant stop the wicked from going to Babylon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Motivator

what a great gig last night. Bruce and the e-street band are true professionals and they love their music.

Why do idiots like that bother going to gigs? It's a pure facebook syndrome, just to say they've been there seems to matter. As long as they can post their pics they are happy.

Towards the end of the night the amount of boozed up zombies stumbling about the place was unreal.

But all in all, what a show, I was looking forward to seeing Bruce and the E Street band and wow, they impressed. If anyone wants to learn how to work in a band and how to conduct themselves as musicians then last night was the master-class.

I was in Thomond Park & Pairc Ui Caoimh & didn't see any of this behaviour, they were the 2 most civilised gigs I was ever at. In fairness you shouldn't expect much from te crowd, you were in Kilkenny after all. They're a different breed there, almost animalistic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Motivator wrote: »
    I was in Thomond Park & Pairc Ui Caoimh & didn't see any of this behaviour, they were the 2 most civilised gigs I was ever at. In fairness you shouldn't expect much from te crowd, you were in Kilkenny after all. They're a different breed there, almost animalistic.

I really hope your joking...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

The diffference was there was no support and the gates were not open at 2...also I was lead to beleive there was major delays in getting drink at both these gigs with the average time for a pint down as 40 minutes due to some tokens issue .
    Aiken took this on board and the result there was a waiting time at most of 5 minutes. If you added this and the majority of the crowd in at 4 o'clock then you are going to get some drunken behaviour. you shouldn't but that unfortunately is irish society.

Oh Wow! Say that to our faces and see how fast you can run down Johns St.

In fairness, their was a lot of hype around this pair of gigs and coupled with the expected win in the hurling (how did that work out?), add in a lot of people who never go to gigs unless it's an 'event', you have a recipe for drunkenness.
    Sad but thats the way it is.
    The amount of empty plastic rubbish we had to wade through going out! I nearly broke my neck on carlsberg bottles.
    And the toilets were a disaster, not enough and some of them overflowing by 3 oclock.

It still was a great gig, from Josh Ritter's excellent though short set, to Damos fun set, to Glenn giving a super performance. Don't have to say how good Bruce was. Those of us who drank sensibly and enjoyed the party had a great day.
    Just gutted I couldn't go again today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Complete bull****. Cop yourself on.

Advertisement