Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

There's a big difference between people been drunk and people been drunk scumbags. There was no scumbags at the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

3rd time seeing Springsteen last night and best of the lot by far.

In fact I'd say it was one of the best gigs I've ever been at, and I've been at a lot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

They've just come out. Can hear them from my room. Unreal.

Born to Run is being played tonight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Man at the top, first time since 1985.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Born to Run is being played tonight.

How's the weather been?

mitosis wrote: »
    How's the weather been?

Really warm earlier today. Over 20 degrees for a good few hours.

A few drops fell there now but nothing major. It passed over after 5 minutes. I was a bit worried. If it rains heavily I won't be able to hear a thing.

The rumour is that Bono is coming out later on to play something with Bruce. Not sure if that'll happen or not. Also, I don't know how bothered I am at potentially missing it. I think he's a bit of a clown.

Born in the USA just came on there. I'm gutted I'm not there.

Really warm earlier today. Over 20 degrees for a good few hours.

A few drops fell there now but nothing major. It passed over after 5 minutes. I was a bit worried. If it rains heavily I won't be able to hear a thing.

The rumour is that Bono is coming out later on to play something with Bruce. Not sure if that'll happen or not. Also, I don't know how bothered I am at potentially missing it. I think he's a bit of a clown.

Born in the USA just came on there. I'm gutted I'm not there.

Rumour is that Jimmy Iovine is there, thus BTR.

Rumour is that Jimmy Iovine is there, thus BTR.

Haha excellent. I didn't realise I was an engineer on it and other albums. Fantastic news.

The rain has started again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I also heard that Bono rumour during the week as did a mate, so wonder is there any truth to it. only time will tell. Keep us posted jimmy

• Advertisement

Haha excellent. I didn't realise I was an engineer on it and other albums. Fantastic news.

The rain has started again.

http://www.greasylake.org/the-circuit/index.php?/topic/115178-the-official-kilkenny-july-28th-night-2-eurocatlistvision-thread/?p=2296411

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

been reading through the last few posts on this thread... and spat my tea out at this
    I predict that he'll leave Sunny Day to the very last song, when he goes to pick a child out of the crowd little Bono reaches up out of nowhere and gets onto Bruce's shoulder. The crowd will go insane and Bono will somehow turn the song into a political speech about the plight of Estonian cheese farmers.

That's my prediction anyway...

:pac:

I just got up and went to the window to join in with the "E Street Band" chant there. I'm hooked :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I'm in Larchfield and I can hear the music clearly

It seems to be finished. No appearance by Bono. The rumours were just that.

Weather held up a lot more than I expected it would.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Is he still on??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

no 'Waiting.. tonight'
    Ended on 'This Hard Land' Acoustic.

leahyl wrote: »
    Is he still on??

No finished. 3 hours and 18 minutes. Pretty much the same length as yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Roll on next tour!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Setlist from tonight

19:25 Start

01. This Little Light Of Mine
    02. My Love Will Not Let You Down
    03. Badlands
    04. We Take Care of Our Own
    05. Adam Raised a Cain
    06. Death to My Hometown
    07. American Skin (41 Shots)
    08. The Promised Land
    09. Wrecking Ball
    10. Spirit in the Night
    11. The River
    12. WILD BILLY'S CIRCUS STORY
    13. MAN AT THE TOP
    14. EVERY TIME THAT YOU WALK INTO THE ROOM

** Born To Run Full Album ** (For Jimmy Iovine - In attendance tonight)
    15. Thunder Road
    16. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
    17. Night
    18. Backstreets
    19. Born to Run
    20. She's The One
    21. Meeting Across The River
    22. Jungleland

23. The Rising
    24. Land of Hope and Dreams

25. Born in the USA
    26. Bobby Jean
    27. Seven Nights to Rock
    28. Dancing in the Dark
    29. American Land
    30. Shout
    31. This Little Light of Mine [Reprise]
    32. This Hard Land [Acoustic]

22:45 finish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

great show tho l was disappointed it was born to run, same as limerick. really sad tho its all over :( a young boy in the crowd held a sign asking if he could play guitar with bruce....bruce gave him his guitar to keep!!!!! amazing, lucky lucky boy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭trihead

http://youtu.be/dElsEEk1k7g

Epic performance & video from sat ngt!!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

woo hoo first to post after gig. great gig. 15th show for me and my first album show. surprised it was over so soon was expecting another 20 mins. lovely city, (**** bar im in. think its the metrepole)
    enjoyed belfast better
    off to see the springateens in anorher bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

woo hoo first to post after gig. great gig. 15th show for me and my first album show. surprised it was over so soon was expecting another 20 mins. lovely city, (**** bar im in. think its the metrepole)
    enjoyed belfast better

forever in blue jeans babe ;)

enjoyed belfast better

You're close to the stretch of pubs on Parliament Street. You'll enjoy yourself more there, I reckon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

So how did Sunday night compare to Saturday?

I'd say American land went down well, were LAPD on stage for that?

This hard land would have been a nice finish, I believe it was the first song played on the European tour, so a nice bit of symmetry there.

Surprised to see 2 album shows to finish the tour, personally I would have loved to hear darkness in full so sort of glad I didn't miss that tonight.

Saturday night was epic, I hope everyone had a great night tonight too....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

So glad I went yesterday seeing as I heard BTR in Limerick!
    Also what was with the garda presence in Kilkenny? There was a house behind the stage and they were on constant surveillance as well as walking around the crowd. Have never seen this before at a Bruce show. Is it because it was an all day thing?

Heard a story at yesterdays gig that some guy in Cork had a sign with his mobile number on it and the next day the band rang him and went for a drink - is this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

gg2 wrote: »
    Also what was with the garda presence in Kilkenny? There was a house behind the stage and they were on constant surveillance as well as walking around the crowd. Have never seen this before at a Bruce show. Is it because it was an all day thing?

Heard a story at yesterdays gig that some guy in Cork had a sign with his mobile number on it and the next day the band rang him and went for a drink - is this true?

Was in Limerick, the guy who gave him the passport wrote his number on it & got invited by Bruce for a pint in Adare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

gg2 wrote: »

Not in Cork.It was in Limerick.Some guy handed a picture of a giant sized passport with Bruces details inside and he was smart enough to leave his own number.Bruce was so impressed he rang him from the hotel and invited him over and spent 15 mins with him chatting before retiring to his room but ya man stayed drinking with the rest of the E Street Band till the early hours. :)

NWS_20130719_EPE_003_28307998_I1.JPG

Advertisement