Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Frank03

nm wrote: »
    Any videos up of that kid from the audience playing guitar with the band on night 2?

And heres a great clip from leeds...to beat the Bruce Blues...:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Goreme wrote: »
    The point being made was he didn't bring Bono on as guest, which means we must hold Bruce in even higher esteem for his good judgement there!!

I don't see what Bono would add to a Bruce show....

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭borntobike

Kilkenny(sun)was my 21st Bruce concert but I thought Limerick was better. He seemed to have more energy in Limerick and a slightly better setlist even though played the BTR album there too.
    I agree with some posts about why some idiots go to a concert full of drink and forget what happens. Much more alcohol at the Kilkenny gig!!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

The kid up playing guitar on Sunday, isn't that the same kid that got 'Shake' played as a request on Saturday??

Pretty sure it is, he was staying in the Lyrath & people were shaking his hand at breakfast on Sunday morning!! :pac:

Raging I missed Limerick now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

borntobike wrote: »
    Kilkenny(sun)was my 21st Bruce concert but I thought Limerick was better. He seemed to have more energy in Limerick and a slightly better setlist even though played the BTR album there too.
    I agree with some posts about why some idiots go to a concert full of drink and forget what happens. Much more alcohol at the Kilkenny gig!!

ya I thought the same, I think he was all fired up in limerick, ready to rock and roll...still a great show in kk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

TopBombing wrote: »
    The kid up playing guitar on Sunday, isn't that the same kid that got 'Shake' played as a request on Saturday??

Pretty sure it is, he was staying in the Lyrath & people were shaking his hand at breakfast on Sunday morning!! :pac:

Yes it was, we spoke to his mother briefly sat night, just said well done etc. Think they might be Scandanavian? I think I was him in Cork as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Yeah he was the kid who requested Wild Thing in Cork too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Meangadh wrote: »
    Yeah he was the kid who requested Wild Thing in Cork too.

Think hes the same kid I saw in Stockholm in May too? Just hasn't had a hair cut since.

4 mins 30.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjWG7KZGpRw

Actually maybe not

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUGr-qArRdI

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Yes it was, we spoke to his mother briefly sat night, just said well done etc. Think they might be Scandanavian? I think I was him in Cork as well.

He's Italian. There have been photos of him in the media, but his parents want him to remain anonymous. There was a suggestion (possibly on the thread on Kilkenny #2 on Greasy Lake) that Bruce giving him the guitar may have been an effort to apologise for an early incident.
    Apparently, the kid was at a lot of the recent shows and would regularly have signs for rock and roll classics, in an effort to "stump the band". At one show, Bruce good-naturedly referred to him as a "little bastard", saying, "you'll never stump the E-Street Band", but then seemed to immediately regret it.
    There is a theory that he was singled out on Sunday as a sort of "no hard feelings" gesture, though I doubt the kid or his parents took the comment badly.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement

He's Italian. There have been photos of him in the media, but his parents want him to remain anonymous. There was a suggestion (possibly on the thread on Kilkenny #2 on Greasy Lake) that Bruce giving him the guitar may have been an effort to apologise for an early incident.
    Apparently, the kid was at a lot of the recent shows and would regularly have signs for rock and roll classics, in an effort to "stump the band". At one show, Bruce good-naturedly referred to him as a "little bastard", saying, "you'll never stump the E-Street Band", but then seemed to immediately regret it.
    There is a theory that he was singled out on Sunday as a sort of "no hard feelings" gesture, though I doubt the kid or his parents took the alleged comment badly.

His parents need their heads checked dragging him round to all those shows. Lots of things kids would rather be doing I'm sure than queuing endlessly for their summer holidays.

"What did you do for the summer?"

"Well I queued for the most part and saw a couple of Springsteen shows in between"

The Nal wrote: »
    His parents need their heads checked dragging him round to all those shows. Lots of things kids would rather be doing I'm sure than queuing endlessly for their summer holidays.

Yeah. I also doubt he was coming up with all those song suggestions himself. :rolleyes:

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

Yeah. I also doubt he's coming up with all those song suggestions himself. :rolleyes:

Sifting through old bootlegs during the school term and making signs for "Full Band Incident - "FBI".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

The whole "wanting to remain anonymous" thing is a bit bizarre given that the chap has been in front of hundreds of thousands of people at this stage!

I'm guessing it's some weird paranoia that the family name doesn't get out there, for fear that when they get back home, some opportunists might track them down and try to nick the guitar. But anyone in Italy who knows the kid is going to recognise him anyway, which makes the whole thing absurd. Besides, if you don't want your kid thrust into the limelight, don't keep dragging him into the pit at Springsteen shows and have him waving signs saying he wants to play guitar on stage.
    They just want to have their cake and eat it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

The Nal wrote: »

"What did you do for the summer?"

"Well I queued for the most part and saw a couple of Springsteen shows in between"
    I can't think of a better way to spend a summer? Traveling across Europe, seeing Bruce live?

Lucky kid!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

I can't think of a better way to spend a summer? Traveling across Europe, seeing Bruce live?

Lucky kid!!!

That's what I was thinking!

"What did you do on you're school holidays??"

"Nothing much. Went to a few different European countries. Went to several concerts in each one. Played guitar on stage with Bruce Springsteen in front of thousands of people. The usual stuff. What did you do??"

"Eh, gotta go, see ya.... "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

lucky little bastard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Who was the girl Bruce carried onto the stage in Limerick? He said it was her 16th birthday....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    lucky little bastard :)

Spoilt little bastard more like ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

gg2 wrote: »
    Who was the girl Bruce carried onto the stage in Limerick? He said it was her 16th birthday....

It LOOKED like the same girl who came on playing the accordian at the end in Kilkenny and that was Max's daughter.I may be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

scudzilla wrote: »
    Spoilt little bastard more like ;)

Yeah he looked a bit like it was old hat to him didnt it?As if he'd done that loads of times!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

5 amazing shows. Kilkenny 1 is the one that I really enjoyed best. Loved each and everyone of them but the Saturday in KK was mind blowing. Maybe due to the amazing crowd around us.

Also managed to meet Nils and have my photo taken with him, also met Roy and had a lovely chat but no photo, didn't even think to ask for one :( Curtis King was a true gent and we had a lovely long chat with him and he came over to chat to us the following day as well.

If anyone wants to see the photo of Nils or Curtis PM me and I can add you on FB. Not that I am sure anyone would be interested in them!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mightymonster

Met this kid and his parents back in Mount Juliet and we had a few drinks with them . They are Italian and very humble people and the kid is very friendly and not a bit spoiled very polite . We exchanged details but I will not be breaching his parents requests to keep the kid grounded . Bruce signed the guitar and have him a case . It was a complete surprise and they were trying to work out how to get the guitar home by Ryanair . His Dad has been to over 270 Bruce shows
    There is a theory that he was singled out on Sunday as a sort of "no hard feelings" gesture, though I doubt the kid or his parents took the comment badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mightymonster

Had the absolute honour of being at Bruces sing song in the Mount Juliet residents bar on Sunday night . Nobody was expecting the boss to appear and around 130 Damien Dempsey kicked off with a version of the old triangle . There were no more than a dozen in the bar and it was really low key . In the middle of the song I noticed Bruce at the door and he did not intrude as he all were immersed in the old triangle and for the last verse Bruce joined in . The sing song continues and Bruce sat at the bar chilling out .A guy from Cork then sank The Contender it was powerful and Bruce shook his hand and asked him what the song was about . Can't remember the guys name but I met him in the toilet and he said I'll bring that to the grave with me . Jake then fetched a quitar and he played a tune . Jake is such a talented musician and a true gent
    Glen Hansered played a tune then Bruce played one of the few times he played . To be very honest Glen and Damien got a little sidetracked while singing and even forgot words ... They even said they were a little struck by the intimacy of such an audience . A guy with Glen was a stunning musician Fiacre Gaffney amazing voice . He told me he plays in the strawberry bed in chapelizod on mondays . Jake played another tune or two - all seemed to be love songs . Another powerful guy who was very shy sang the American trilogy he was nearly crying singing it and what vocals . I spoke to him later and his name was Dave O Riordan . I googled him and found him on John Crredons play list and I rang a mate in Rte and he sent me the song . Really good . At the end Hanserd and the other guy from cork were enthralled in the theme tune from what I was told afterwords was John B
    Keanes sive .
    So all in all it was a surreal experience . No one there intruded on Bruce . He is good fun humble and everyone in the room was equal . He was very relaxed and really was chilled out enjoying Irish culture at its best . The two lads from cork David O Riordan and his mate were the only two to get a photo with him . Bit jealous of that ! They did deserve it . They had the courage to sing for Bruce that I didn't have so they got their just reward . Bruce retired to bed around 4.15 and the Dublin musicians got back on a bus - contrasting lives . It was a once in a lifetime experience . nobody there was there to try to meet Bruce it just happened and this made it special. It was like an impromptu sing song in a country pub .. .so that's all I can remember of the outstanding experience... No work done on Monday !

Excuse typos types on phone

on John Crredons

• Registered Users Posts: 7 loriboss10

Wow! I'm so jealous !!! Sounds amazing!!

wow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Met this kid and his parents back in Mount Juliet and we had a few drinks with them . They are Italian and very humble people and the kid is very friendly and not a bit spoiled very polite . We exchanged details but I will not be breaching his parents requests to keep the kid grounded . Bruce signed the guitar and have him a case . It was a complete surprise and they were trying to work out how to get the guitar home by Ryanair . His Dad has been to over 270 Bruce shows

Over 270 shows:eek:

That is incredible. I kinda thought that the really major Bruce fans were hitting around the 60-80 show mark. This is 4 times that. He must be very wealthy and doing little else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

mighty monster - what a story! very jealous! what songs did the boss sing?

• Advertisement

dixiefly wrote: »
    He must be very wealthy and doing little else.

Clearly, if they're doing multiple shows in different countries and staying in the best hotels.

Advertisement