Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Jimmy Macnulty

I met a guy called Iggy from Tyrone but living in New York who said he seen Bruce 130 times!! Crazy stuff!! Fair play to him though as he got me pit passes for the Sunday night. Couldn't believe it! Also met a sound security guy on Saturday who gave me a pass!

Overall had an excellent weekend. KK is a great town. Roll on the next tour!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

I met a guy in Berlin last year (sold him a spare ticket) and he did 29 shows last year, but he was traveliing on his own, staying in hostels etc.

If you live on the east coast of the states and have been a fan since the 70's it's probably easy to rack them up into the 100+, but for an Italian 270 shows is mental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

That's a lot of gigs in your sig Dr. Nick. What was your favourite?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

seachto7 wrote: »
    That's a lot of gigs in your sig Dr. Nick. What was your favourite?

Jaysus that's like picking your favourite child :P

RDS 08 no.3, RDS 09 no. 2, Berlin 12, RDS 03, Slane 85, RDS 93, Wembley 12 (Darkness in full!)......I dunno!

All memorable for completely different reasons, but that's what you get when you go to one of his shows.....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

KK was my first. Kicking myself I didn't go to Limk, or over the last few years. I was always aware of Bruce but for some reason just didn't go. It's up there with one of the best gigs I've been to in terms of what he gave, what the crowd gave him, and value for money.
    I revisited the NYC dvd last night, and now it all makes sense!

I just ordered the Hyde Park dvd, and will get to the Barcelona one next month. Have gone through all the albums I haven't heard in the last few days as well.

I've been to see Metallica twice and lost interest in going to see them again after that, maybe due to the predictable setlists. I'm thinking what makes Bruce fans come back again and again? Is it the different setlists? Another thing I thought about was how popular he is in Spain and Italy. His lyrics, I think, are as much part of his music as the music itself, maybe even more so. So how do the Spanish, Italians etc. fully get him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Does anyone know what the story is for getting into the pit for the Rio gig? Are they queuing yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Sorry just realised this is for the European tour, my mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Well, I LOLed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

I've started rio pit queue cos I wanna #1 on my 21st wedding anniversary :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    RDS 08 no.3, RDS 09 no. 2,

They'd be two of my absolute favourites as well.
    The third Magic show, in particular, was phenomenal.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 loriboss10

Dont you think we are depressed enough as it is 😥😥ðŸ˜႒ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

larry1 wrote: »
    Bruce partied till 5am with Glen and some other Irish lads in the residents bar in Mount Juliet :D

8yl4.jpg

hope you asked Bruce if it was ok to take his pic in a semi-private place and stick it on the net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

hope you asked Bruce if it was ok to take his pic in a semi-private place and stick it on the net

lm sure the boss would be alrite with that pic...comes across as a cool kinda guy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

apprently man at the top has only ever been performed 3 times live...once in kilkenny!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

Yeah, he was fine with it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

If Bruce brings someone on as a guest you should respect that.

Jeez you seem a bit precious about him. Are you his mother or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

i have a woeful dose of the boss blues!!! :(
    im just a prisoner of rock'n'roll!!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

i have a woeful dose of the boss blues!!! :(
    im just a prisoner of rock'n'roll!!!!!!:D

They really do exist don't they??!! :pac: I miss him...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

leahyl wrote: »
    They really do exist don't they??!! :pac: I miss him...:(

Seriously they are brutal!! I find I can't watch any bruce videos for a while... Just til it stops hurting.....:eek::eek::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

This time last year I was just back from the Helsinki gig my first time seeing him was in the pit seen the pre show& the shortest 4 odd hours I ever .encountered.. He is unbelievable, just wish I was about home for the last few weeks but moved to Canada so here's hoping for another album/tour next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 loriboss10

gg2 wrote: »
    Seriously they are brutal!! I find I can't watch any bruce videos for a while... Just til it stops hurting.....:eek::eek::pac::pac::pac:

Seriously there should be counselling available for this :(:(:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

That's true, I remember the third show like that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Heads up for anyone miffed about the lack of meet and greet at Springsteen & I in Cork. Omniplex in Mahon Point are showing it again on Saturday morning, presumably in full

http://www.omniplex.ie/cinema/movie/m4440

Free showing too by the looks of it. When I try to book it it says that it costs €0.00 so maybe it is only for people who payed to see it last week

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

Yeah it was, quite possibly because Magic itself is a phenomenal album, his best album to date since Tunnel of Love.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭muirsheen

Just wondering was there any mention of Patti in any of the shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

muirsheen wrote: »
    Just wondering was there any mention of Patti in any of the shows?

Nope, struck me as quite odd, especially been as her 60th birthday was the Monday after Kilkenny, I heard reports a party in the Lyrath Estate was planned for her tho, Disappointing not to see her on stage, I thought she would make an appearance on Sunday for some Tunnel of Love gems!

A fantastic weekend of music overall, I was a little disappointing after the Cork gig which seemed a bit flat to me, the set list choices were a bit lackluster too IMO, this was accentuated after how incredible the Limerick show was! right up there with the best times I've seen Bruce and the E Street! They were on fire that night, and the Thomond Park crowd were great and really got into the show making for a fantastic atmosphere!

The Wrecking Ball Weekender thankfully took the same approach as Limerick and saw the E Street back energized in fine form, firing on all cylinders! The support acts were great all day too, Damien Dempsey sounded fantastic, Glen Hansard's set was marred by a very sloppy set up! Opening with a rip roaring version of Van Morrison's Astral Weeks, which couldn't be heard as the sound wasn't turned up! Halfway through finally the crowd got some sound, still in poor shape, as work still had to be done, it seemed like a long time before the FOH engineer got his marbles together, even Glen asked at one stage, can you hear it? *cheers* good, because I can't hear a thing! Glenn in true pro fashion shrugged off the messy start and got in to what turned out to be a great set in the end,

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭muirsheen

A fantastic weekend of music overall, I was a little disappointing after the Cork gig which seemed a bit flat to me, the set list choices were a bit lackluster too IMO,

Felt the same out of all the gigs I've been at I felt this was not a great gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

lertsnim wrote: »
    Heads up for anyone miffed about the lack of meet and greet at Springsteen & I in Cork. Omniplex in Mahon Point are showing it again on Saturday morning, presumably in full

http://www.omniplex.ie/cinema/movie/m4440

Free showing too by the looks of it. When I try to book it it says that it costs €0.00 so maybe it is only for people who payed to see it last week

Missed it in Limerick last week due to work and its not being shown again here so might drive down to Cork. Showing a price of €5.80 now.

Advertisement