Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL or UCD?

Options
  • 13-11-2011 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I am in 6th year and I have been to the open days to both of the universities and I am looking to do Engineering (Electronic (and computer) Engineering). I like both universities, both have pros and cons. Can I have the opinion of current students to help make up my mind? Thanks a million.

Adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Trader1991

Hi all,
    I am in 6th year and I have been to the open days to both of the universities and I am looking to do Engineering (Electronic (and computer) Engineering). I like both universities, both have pros and cons. Can I have the opinion of current students to help make up my mind? Thanks a million.

Adam

Hi
    I go to UL but I study business studies. I wouldn't know too much about the course your interested in but we do have a lot of resources available to students, and without a doubt the best campus in Ireland in terms of facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I've heard the UL course you are interested in OP is to be quiet a good course. Job prospects vary though. Career wise good job prospects but have heard a few having done the course finding it hard to get jobs in that area in Ireland. A lot had to immigrate to find work in particular electronics side computer electronic engineering.

Regarding Engineering I hear that UCD be one of the best Universities to offer engineering related courses.

It be a toss up between UCD and UL. Both courses be different I am sure as each uni will have their own angle and target in areas they will cover.

Good luck with your decision. Research it more, ask students who are already in those courses or say for college open days be good idea to try and get in contact with someone or email someone from the engineering departments to give you more info or someone who be a lecturer or co-ordinator or former student having done those courses. Career guidance counsellors can only do so much to help you, you need to do the research yourself and compare.

What's the right decision for your and how do you feel about it. Its the course that's more important than the location! Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭thisisadamh

Thanks for the help. I have emailed back UL and UCD and I am awaiting replies. I like the UL campus and the course although I cant email a student about the course as it is the first year this course is being run.
    I will see what replies I get from the Universities.

Advertisement