Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Blackout..

Options
  • 13-11-2011 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am relatively new to blackout and I was just wondering if there is any scope to make some changes to the game. Again I admit I am knew and I do not know if these have already been talked about, but there is no haem in saying them anyway.

1) Substitutions: Why is there no option to make pre-prepared subs in a match. It would be great to be able to bring in a prop after an hour or change the scrum half or something, instead of having to wait for an injury! The benefits would be in the pack most definately where fresh legs could be crucial. Anyone agree?

2) Quota's: Could an oversea's quota be brought in to stop managers buying all foreign players? Maybe allow half the panel, or a max of 14 players to be not from the country you are managing in? Anyone?!

3) Fired players: Why don't the many fired players, or even some of them, be put back into the new manager's squads? It would give the 'real' feeling as players go from club to club in their careers, maybe not making it at some teams and succeeding at others? I dunno!

Love the game, very addictive..any replies appreciated..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

First off, Hi welcome....

If you haven't already, add your name and team to the player list thread...
    macslash wrote: »
    Hi,

I am relatively new to blackout and I was just wondering if there is any scope to make some changes to the game. Again I admit I am knew and I do not know if these have already been talked about, but there is no haem in saying them anyway.

1) Substitutions: Why is there no option to make pre-prepared subs in a match. It would be great to be able to bring in a prop after an hour or change the scrum half or something, instead of having to wait for an injury! The benefits would be in the pack most definately where fresh legs could be crucial. Anyone agree?

I am happy with how the match engine works at present. Yes adding in the ability to make tactical substitutions would be better, but how complicated would it be? or could it be... Once its added in more suggestions will come and attempt to make the tactic more complicated than it should be...
    2) Quota's: Could an oversea's quota be brought in to stop managers buying all foreign players? Maybe allow half the panel, or a max of 14 players to be not from the country you are managing in? Anyone?!

I don't think this would be a very good idea... Managers should be allowed to pick what players they want. If a manager wants to help the national setup then its up to him...
    3) Fired players: Why don't the many fired players, or even some of them, be put back into the new manager's squads? It would give the 'real' feeling as players go from club to club in their careers, maybe not making it at some teams and succeeding at others? I dunno!

Interesting, but then again, personally when I fire a play its because I dont think he's good enough for the game, and as such I fire him as opposed to putting him on the TM... But like in life the players who done make the cut will have to be removed from the game some how...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Fair enough! The quota's and fired players were things that I had just been thinking off. However I do feel the subs option would be benefitial..even to cap it at 2/3 pre-picked subs..? Also, would love to see the subs go from 22 to 23..

Oh and thanks for the welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

they are planning on bringing subs into the game at some stage in the future, i like having no quotas as you can build whatever team you like.

most players that are fired are no good and are fired for a reason

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Hi,

I Macslash and welcome to the forum.

1.In relation to subs, do you mean pre-picking subs to go on at a designated time, or doing it live?
    Doing it in advance would add another tactical element alright, but also run into problems in terms of running out of subs. At the moment you have enough subs to cater for injuries. If you brought subs on when you wanted, you might find that some players would go through their bench and be stuck if there was a rash of injuries.
    Doing it live would give an advantage to a player who's at their computer, and that's really not how the game works.

2. A quota would give a massive advantage to established clubs who could grow their own superstars. Managers would keep great players rather than release them to the competition. The game tries its best to give new teams a chance to catch up, one way this is achieved is with the open transfer market.

3. New managers get pretty similar starting teams. If you were to include fired players you'd have to find a place for a lot of different players, like the old pro who still has a game or two left in him and puts the rest of the squad to shame. They'd also have to find a place for some of the truly terrible youth pulls that get fired. I've had lads barely over 1k Csr.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I Macslash and welcome to the forum.

1.In relation to subs, do you mean pre-picking subs to go on at a designated time, or doing it live?
    Doing it in advance would add another tactical element alright, but also run into problems in terms of running out of subs. At the moment you have enough subs to cater for injuries. If you brought subs on when you wanted, you might find that some players would go through their bench and be stuck if there was a rash of injuries.
    Doing it live would give an advantage to a player who's at their computer, and that's really not how the game works.

2. A quota would give a massive advantage to established clubs who could grow their own superstars. Managers would keep great players rather than release them to the competition. The game tries its best to give new teams a chance to catch up, one way this is achieved is with the open transfer market.

3. New managers get pretty similar starting teams. If you were to include fired players you'd have to find a place for a lot of different players, like the old pro who still has a game or two left in him and puts the rest of the squad to shame. They'd also have to find a place for some of the truly terrible youth pulls that get fired. I've had lads barely over 1k Csr.

Ya I understand everything you are saying about 2 & 3. With regards the subs, I meant pre-planned, not in-game subs. It could be limited to 2 or 3 max, which would leave players free to have other subs available. Of course it would only be an option and managers would not have to use it, but would do so at their own risk, because as you said players could get injured and you may end up running out of subs. But, this could happen in real life too, and thats why I think it would be a great addition. I also would love to see 23 man match game panels, to allow two props on the bench for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Ya I understand everything you are saying about 2 & 3. With regards the subs, I meant pre-planned, not in-game subs. It could be limited to 2 or 3 max, which would leave players free to have other subs available. Of course it would only be an option and managers would not have to use it, but would do so at their own risk, because as you said players could get injured and you may end up running out of subs. But, this could happen in real life too, and thats why I think it would be a great addition. I also would love to see 23 man match game panels, to allow two props on the bench for example.

Oh yeah, pre-planned would be great. Hopefully they bring in something along those lines.
    Also some sort of mid-match tactic change would be nice. For example, you could set it so if you're losing by 30 points at half time, you can set it to more risky tactics. Or maybe if you're in a secure lead you can play more defensively, etc. Plenty of additional options that could kick it up a notch.

I think there's meant to be a limit on how many people from one position you lose, so you're never meant to lose two props in the one game. Having said that, I'm pretty sure I've been similarly crippled.

Advertisement