Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emobile-abroad,phone says emergency calls only?

Options
  • 13-11-2011 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

On honeymoon,cant use phone,it says emergency calls only.When I try manually selecting network it says SIM doesnt recognise provider.Its pretty damn annoying cos its the only phone we have with us and we would like to contact people at home and send/receive texts.I sent emobile an email,no reply.Sent Steve, the emobile rep here a PM...guess what...no answer.I've already paid €60 to have international call block lifted as I rang my bro in USA 2 weeks ago.Really starting to regret moving to emobile.Has anyone else had same problem?Its not the phone thats the problem(Galaxy S2)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

you should prob include what country you are in at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭optimus1

What phone do you have?
    What country are you roaming in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

In the Maldives,have Samsung Galaxy S2

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭yomamasflavour

Same thing happened to me in the UK over the weekend.

(friends with Meteor seemed to have no issue) thought that was a bit odd since Meteor/emobile are the same.

yeh,its a major inconvenience not being able to use phone while abroad.Should never have switched mobile provider,will do some serious complaining to emobile when I get home.No doubt,I'll get fobbed off with some weak excuse.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 321 Verified rep eMobile: Steve

toby2111 wrote: »
    On honeymoon,cant use phone,it says emergency calls only.When I try manually selecting network it says SIM doesnt recognise provider.Its pretty damn annoying cos its the only phone we have with us and we would like to contact people at home and send/receive texts.I sent emobile an email,no reply.Sent Steve, the emobile rep here a PM...guess what...no answer.I've already paid €60 to have international call block lifted as I rang my bro in USA 2 weeks ago.Really starting to regret moving to emobile.Has anyone else had same problem?Its not the phone thats the problem(Galaxy S2)

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in reply, I was off for the last week.

I'll take a look at my DM's now and get back to you shortly.

Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Edietigr

I am switching from vodafone to emobile. Vodafonenever give me problem eventhough i was prepaid. Now i am bill pay at emobile. I will see how my phone behave next week when i visit uk and report back. Needless to say i will follow emobile instruction for roaming. Hope it works ok as i use my phone for roaming guide lot.

Edietigr wrote: »
    I am switching from vodafone to emobile. Vodafonenever give me problem eventhough i was prepaid. Now i am bill pay at emobile. I will see how my phone behave next week when i visit uk and report back. Needless to say i will follow emobile instruction for roaming. Hope it works ok as i use my phone for roaming guide lot.

Hi Edietigr,

I got back to you over on the main thread with a bit more info on this.

-Steve

Still waiting Steve.....hardly unexpected though.
    I'll be putting forward a formal complaint to emobile when I get home,I know its not your fault but your customer service is a joke to be honest.Emobile have managed to put a dampener on our honeymoon,thanks for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Toby forget about the phone, get off the internet until you come back and go enjoy your honeymoon.

• Advertisement

toby2111 wrote: »
    Still waiting Steve.....hardly unexpected though.
    I'll be putting forward a formal complaint to emobile when I get home,I know its not your fault but your customer service is a joke to be honest.Emobile have managed to put a dampener on our honeymoon,thanks for nothing.

Hi toby2111,

Looks like you paid to get international calls enabled, instead of getting the roaming bar lifted. This would explain why you could not use your phone.

Did you advise the rep you were speaking with before you left that you were going roaming overseas?

-Steve

Advertisement