Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock & Metal Forum Awards 2011 - Discussion

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

If moderators were to do a list they would be propably leave out bands like Septic Flesh, Omnium Gatherum, Amon Amarth, Hell, Draconian, Arch Enemy, Primordial, Wolves in The Throne Room, Moonsorrow, Insomnium, Blood Ceremony, Amorphis, Thulcandra, Insomnium and Demonaz.
    There's only one moderator and I'd definitely have Arch Enemy on the list, not sure about the others :).
    Denny M wrote: »
    Seeing as we have best rock album and best metal album, could we have best rock band and best metal band as two seperate categories?
    Yes, good idea! Here's the current list then with the "Worst" categories taken out again:
    1. Metal Album of the Year
    2. Rock Album of the Year
    3. Metal Band of the Year
    4. Rock Band of the Year
    5. Gig of the Year
    6. Irish Band of the Year
    7. New Band of the Year
    8. Shock of the Year
    9. Talking Point of the Year
    10. Video of the Year
    11. Disappointment of the Year
    12. Song of the Year
    13. Album Lifetime Achievement Award

How does a lucky 13 categories sound?

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

Discussion seems to have tapered off, but maybe that can be taken as a sign of contentment. Those 13 categories look fine to me anyway.

How are nominations/voting to happen? I presume we are using the same format as last year, which to be honest worked pretty well in my opinion.

JBnaglfar wrote: »
    Discussion seems to have tapered off, but maybe that can be taken as a sign of contentment. Those 13 categories look fine to me anyway.

How are nominations/voting to happen? I presume we are using the same format as last year, which to be honest worked pretty well in my opinion.
    Yeah, I reckon the same as last year for simplicity. One set of votes per poster. I'll stick a thread up at some stage in the near future.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Don't fix what isn't broken I suppose.

Voting thread is up - see here.

I had a hard time thinking what I'd vote for :).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

So does the new Opeth album count as rock or metal? :P 'cause parts would fit into either category...

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Well I'd class them as a metal band so that's what I'd go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Heritage is way more a rock album though... Could get a bit subjective. I'd consider it a rock album... but historically the band is more metal. Could get messy

Just vote for Arch Enemy's album instead :p. I still feel bad for not including it.

Results are here if anyone's missed them somehow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement