Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

multiplayer freezing/lag ??

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

RGDATA! wrote: »
    I had this problem the other day. Tried restarting router/Xbox, and still experienced it. I cleared the Xbox cache (something I only recently discovered for another reason) and that seemed to fix it immediately.

i have it working fine since (touch wood), i didn't touch the cache though. i turned off the recording yoke, no interest in the slightest. i also set port forward on a few router ports for xbl - never had to do that for the xbox in 4 years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Going to turn off the recording and see if that helps in the PS3. Can't play BF3 on the playstation either because the controls are broke. 2 games I was looking forward too and both are broke beyond a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

Jev/N wrote: »
    Getting lag on 4 bar connection, 100Mb BB and over Ethernet - I'm prefiring a guy coming around the corner and somehow he seems to skate through my bullets on the odd occasion, not even a hitmarker when the aim was perfectly on target :mad:

I'm experiencing the same thing. I'm convinced it has nothing to do with anybody's connection. It's more like players in a game are out of sync with each other. This doesn't feel like network lag.

Also, MW3 is the only time I've ever seen a game on a P2P host system where everybody in a game, even the host, has been on less than 4 bars.

Currently every game of MW3 is affected by this. I wish people would stop playing it entirely for the time being. It would be pretty embarrassing for the world's biggest selling franchise to lose its player base, if only temporarily, just weeks release. Never going to happen though.

No gunfights are resolved by skill, situation or reaction time, instead it's a roll of the dice whether your hits will count or not. What's the point of playing?

Pretty disappointing considering I traded Black Ops after less than a fortnight due to the same issues a year ago. I'm strongly thinking about checking for the best trade value again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

raze wrote: »
    I'm experiencing the same thing. I'm convinced it has nothing to do with anybody's connection. It's more like players in a game are out of sync with each other. This doesn't feel like network lag.

Also, MW3 is the only time I've ever seen a game on a P2P host system where everybody in a game, even the host, has been on less than 4 bars.

Currently every game of MW3 is affected by this. I wish people would stop playing it entirely for the time being. It would be pretty embarrassing for the world's biggest selling franchise to lose its player base, if only temporarily, just weeks release. Never going to happen though.

No gunfights are resolved by skill, situation or reaction time, instead it's a roll of the dice whether your hits will count or not. What's the point of playing?

Pretty disappointing considering I traded Black Ops after less than a fortnight due to the same issues a year ago. I'm strongly thinking about checking for the best trade value again.

couldnt agree more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Have you guys considered contacting activision support about this particluar issue? I presume that other multiplayer games work fine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭baldymac

Has this happened to any one,
    i played MW2 and had open NAT type
    played BO it went to moderate
    played MW3 still moderate
    now i havent changed any setting since
    im with vodafone but i was with eircom when MW2 was out i think.

so a friend told me to try this, put in MW2 start multiplayer turn off then play
    BO it was then changed to open nat type and same thing is with MW3. but if i turn off PS3 and play BO or MW3 it go back to moderate so i have to put back in MW2 to get

anyone know why this may be happening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Ridiculous things happening this evening so I had to turn it off.

For instance, I ran towards a doorway when a predator was incoming and although I got well inside beyond the blast radius and it was coming from the wrong side so as to be impossible to guide it inside the door, it still killed me.

I watched the killcam and, sure enough, it showed me being hit just before going inside the door! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Anyone noticed any improvement? Its seems to be much smoother than last week, could have been too many people playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

Yeah since i had to download that update it seems to be much better, don't know if that has anything to do with it. There is still the odd game with a bit of lag but mostly okay.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Playing Mercenary, the game runs a hell of a lot smoother for the most part in my MW3 experience so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Jet Black wrote: »
    Anyone noticed any improvement? Its seems to be much smoother than last week, could have been too many people playing.

If anything its worse then last week. Until these issues are sorted out I won't be playing online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26 vicount

i have been a fan of the COD games.. thought they would never sort out the lag issues on Black Ops, but they did and i enjoyed the game.. now MW3 this is just FUBAR..
    I find if i play FFa during the day i win 75% of the time and if not placed in the top 3.. But as soon as join a large room or join my Clan for an Ops i get hammered.. shooting guys in the back with half a clip and they pop round a corner,, pop back again and kill me with 1 or 2 bullets.. or stabbing a guy before he stabs you yet i die and scream at the tv.. go back and watch the kill cam and i havent even taken the knife out..or another fav of mine being shot around corners,and the respawn issue is shocking.., wtf.. its really is doing my nut in.. im with upc and have given my ps3 a static ip address and UnpP is available.. speedtests are all good and mostly my ping is under 25.. but on mw3 my ping often slips onto 150ms games??? im really getting frustrated with the game.. and that aint what its about..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭MrTrebus

so its NOT just me !!!

have spent more money on controllers over the last few months than I have on the live membership !!!!

crazy stuff, speedtest reports everything flying along (im with UPC on 100mb ) but as soon as I start the game I can only seem to get into games over 100ms !
    on the odd time I get into a 50ms game, I end up screaming at the TV :mad:

have opened ports in the router, wired it directly to the router etc etc etc.

dont think there is any fix to this, which is even more annoying !
    dont think I'll bother with the new MW game this year :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

the key to finding below 50ms games is to search for a game, if it goes up to 75< ms back out and search again, i have to do this over and over again when im trying to find TDM games, its nothing to do with your connection lagging or whatever, its due to the crappy match making in the game, try it out, you may be searching for a game for over a minute but at least you will get one that is below 50ms

also if you could also manually put a ip address on your xbox or ps3, and then log onto your router page and set up a dmz host, it bypasses all the ports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

ugglasdav wrote: »
    the key to finding below 50ms games is to search for a game, if it goes up to 75< ms back out and search again, i have to do this over and over again when im trying to find TDM games, its nothing to do with your connection lagging or whatever, its due to the crappy match making in the game, try it out, you may be searching for a game for over a minute but at least you will get one that is below 50ms

also if you could also manually put a ip address on your xbox or ps3, and then log onto your router page and set up a dmz host, it bypasses all the ports.

Last time I set up the DMZ for my xbox it turned into a strict NAT type... I gave up at that point :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement