Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What ARE you willing to have cut?

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Lads we are all keyboard warriors and I include myself in this.

We hear the same sh!t night after night on the Matt Cooper/George Hook shows and the same on Morning Ireland and Joe Duffy. We will never change therefore the country itself will never reform.

What am I going to do about the 2% VAT rise in the budget and the fact that it will kill retail and cost thousands of jobs? Nothing.

What am I going to do about the wages and expenses of TD's? Nothing.

What am I going to do about the Public Sector Unions holding the country to ransom and leave us tethering over the edge of bankruptcy? Nothing.

The Government are going to ensure that Kevin Cardiff gets a cushy job in Europe, despite being rejected by MEP's and being at the head of a 3.6billion bluner.
    Waht am I going to do. Nothing.

Its the same sh!t day in day out. We lube our asses up and continue to take it good and deep from the government and top ranking civil servants.

I'm sick of seeing threads on this in AH because we know what would sort a lot of our problems but yet nothing gets implemented because the government are the same as each and every government before them. A bunch of spineless weasels.

And we elect these bunch of focking ****érs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Back in the 91/92, I signed on the dole for a few months. It was means tested and because I lived with my parents I got £10 a week. Every now and then I got a couple of butter vouchers as well.

Getting only £10 a week made me get out and find a job. I've never been out of a job since. I think the levels of dole payments should be looked at.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭MackQ

I'd be prepared to take a cut to the amount of month left at the end of the money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Raise minimum wage to 10 euro an hour

Errrr thats not what the thread is about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Think most agree about Childrens allowance-so that needs to be means tested. Anyone earning over 30k PA gets nada,nothing, not a thing.

Fee paying schools-No state funding, nothing at all.

Cars-Tax the hell out of large cars. Extra VRT and Road tax on anything over 2l car. Also, anyone in a 4x4 living in an urban area, you pay 5000 per annum(yes i just picked that number off the top of my head).

Fat Tax- introduce it, obesity is the next big drain on health budgets. Smokers are already paying their share(and more). So all fast food maybe has a new VAT rate of 30%.

College Grants-These shouldn't be a grant but a 0% loan. This can be repaid over say 10 years after you leave college and deducted at source from your wages.

Fines/Fees-Deducted at source from wages,social welfare etc. And these fines are based on a % of your income.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Anyone wrote: »
    Fee paying schools-No state funding, nothing at all.

This is an opinion I've never gotten, they save a crap load of money in their current state, if you cut funding to them nobody will be able to afford them and the government will have to start paying for people other than Catholics to get an education.

It's not so much the state paying for the privileged as some people choosing to pay a % of the cost of their child's education, if you make it an all or nothing decision of course they'll pay nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Everything that doesnt affrect me.

- Put a toll bridge on every road

Last time I checked that was motor tax :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Cars-Tax the hell out of large cars. Extra VRT and Road tax on anything over 2l car. Also, anyone in a 4x4 living in an urban area, you pay 5000 per annum(yes i just picked that number off the top of my head).

your having a laugh there son , 2L is a small size for a car engine

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭conor1979

People with large cars are already taxed to hell! And cars with bigger engines use more fuel so more tax for the coffers!

Fat Tax- introduce it, obesity is the next big drain on health budgets. Smokers are already paying their share(and more).smokers not paying enough, massive drain on the health system So all fast food maybe has a new VAT rate of 30%.

College Grants-These shouldn't be a grant but a 0% loan. This can be repaid over say 10 years after you leave college and deducted at source from your wages. interest should be charged at a low rate and put straight back into the system. as much as I would love to suggest that you dont get your full qualification until you work for a few years there no jobs anymore for that idea! too many people got a free education then legged it off to another country (by choice) and didnt contribute anything back into the system.

Fines/Fees-Deducted at source from wages,social welfare etc. And these fines are based on a % of your income.

Discuss!rolleyes.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

This is an opinion I've never gotten, they save a crap load of money in their current state, if you cut funding to them nobody will be able to afford them and the government will have to start paying for people other than Catholics to get an education.

It's not so much the state paying for the privileged as some people choosing to pay a % of the cost of their child's education, if you make it an all or nothing decision of course they'll pay nothing.

If the privileged want to pay for privileged education they should fund it themselves or else join everyone else in public schools. Now what would rich Daddy do, would they pay more for precious X to attend private school to avoid the ruffians or would they pay extra $$ for the privilege. Ya they would pay. So your argument is dead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Warper wrote: »
    If the privileged want to pay for privileged education they should fund it themselves or else join everyone else in public schools. Now what would rich Daddy do, would they pay more for precious X to attend private school to avoid the ruffians or would they pay extra $$ for the privilege. Ya they would pay. So your argument is dead

You don't seem to understand how our education system works, fee paying schools are just like normal schools except either the parents, or in most cases, a religious institution takes on the burden of a percentage of the cost in order to ensure what is a constitutional right to an education in accordance with your ethos, if funding is pulled from this model then the only alternative is for the government to wholly fund schools of minority ethoses, of course we could always secularise government funded education and get rid of that pesky ethos concept but then the poor children of catholic families won't get a good Irish catholic education unless they pay full whack too.

Did you even read my original point? Or did you just decide to rant about rich people and "private" education? Chip much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

i think there should just be a means tax on everyone, instead of a water charge and the likes. either way we will have to pay out money but this way at least the majority of the money we pay will go to the exchequer and not on equipment to put water charges and the likes in place!

if possible i think everything should be cut all at once like wages, electricty, tolls rent all by say 20% . that way, although not earning as much, costs would be proportionally cheaper and so it would like our wealth situation never changed. the cut in costs across the board would make us way more attractive to foreign companies. Dunno if it would work out like it does in my head haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

People that have never worked. Half the social welfare payment.

Foreigners coming into the country are not entitled to social welfare payments of any kind, unless they've worked for two years before claiming.

3rd Level Education, students pay fees but if they work 2 years in their chosen field in Ireland after graduating the fee is returned.

T.D's etc. Salary cut 25%.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Anita M.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Crazy Horse
    Raise minimum wage to 10 euro an hour
    Mike 1972
    Errrr thats not what the thread is about

Does he refer to the devaluation of the euro now? 10 euro in 2012 being less value than todays? Or should the alcotax go up there a little to clear the horses mind?
    I personally still wanto only to cut my hair but it would be the least damaging to this country if the rent allowance scam-sceme was stopped altogether. Just give those people a wee bit on top of their dole instead.

Advertisement