Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unwanted addvertising

Options
  • 13-11-2011 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi Guys

Few months ago a company called yelp.com contacted me and asked me if i want to add my website in their directory.I told them no and that was all.Few days latter they added my website to their directory,they added some weird uk phone number and a very bad review.I emailed them to ask them what s going on and i found out that they have the legal right to add companies to their directories without asking if they want to be added.I complained to google ireland and they told me that there is not to much they can do about it.How is this legal?I refused to be added to their directory and they added my company anyway,then they added the worst review ever.What can i do about it?They want me to buy addvertising in their directory.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

Not sure if this is in the best section to get the best advice.

Why can't you get your loyal customers and friends to review your company on yelp.ie to tilt the balance in your favour?

Does it have the correct link to your website on yelp?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 alex23

Hi

We did that.They dont add the good reviews.We have hundreds of good reviews but for some reason the yelp.ie the firs one all the time.

Thank you

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The internet marketing forum is here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=985

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement