Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Belfast Shopping query

• 13-11-2011 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi All,

I'm just wondering if it is cheaper for Christmas shopping in Belfast? I've seen the exchange rate isn't very good for the euro at the moment so my question is should I stick to Dublin as per usual or give Belfast a try?

I'll be buying clothes from Topman and a few Christmas presents for family and friends. I'm particularly hoping to get something for my sister as I have around €100-150 to spend on her this year but I'm unsure what I'd be picking up for her yet, hope this helps in answering the question.

Thanks in advance for your response!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,708 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Next, Topshop, M&S and Debenhams are normally about 30-40% cheaper up north, however unless you know exactly what you are buying and how much the difference will be I would stick to Dublin. If it was me I would instead go up for the sales after Christmas to the likes of House Of Frazer where there's good deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Slappin Da Bass

Next, Topshop, M&S and Debenhams are normally about 30-40% cheaper up north, however unless you know exactly what you are buying and how much the difference will be I would stick to Dublin. If it was me I would instead go up for the sales after Christmas to the likes of House Of Frazer where there's good deals.

Thanks for replying. I think your right, I'm better off sticking with Dublin for the crimbo shopping and then head up north for January sales, it'll probably be more worth the trip then! Thanks again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

Just back from a 2 day trip in Blefast & honestly, there were no great savings to be made. You can check out most items on the UK online stores before going up (www.next.co.uk, www.argos.co.uk etc) but not worth the trip for the savings.
    However, well worth the trip for the ambience and Christmas Market in the City Hall grounds. And another good tip is that Frankie & Benny's restaurant in the Victoria Centre are doing a 25% discount on Mondays (not sure if that will still be available on Mondays), but great value to be had there on a Monday evening after shopping

Advertisement