Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are the "get the points" revision books any good?

• 13-11-2011 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

There are so many to choose from revise wise to less stress more success which better for:

geography (higher level)
    business (higher level)
    french (higher level)
    irish (higher level)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Exam Skills Geography by Sue Honan is apparently brilliant.

Not sure about the other three, use my own notes for them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Rapid Revision french seems good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

In my LC, the only revision book I used for any subject was Exam Edge Physics which really was brilliant (included my own notes scrawled in the side of things), think there's one for Chemistry too which I never used so I dunno it's quality.

The rest was notes with the textbook if I needed some extra info!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

jumpguy wrote: »
    In my LC, the only revision book I used for any subject was Exam Edge Physics which really was brilliant (included my own notes scrawled in the side of things), think there's one for Chemistry too which I never used so I dunno it's quality.

The rest was notes with the textbook if I needed some extra info!

The chemistry was handy, it was basically just a better laid out collection of the marking schemes which although it was good for revision, you couldn't use it to test your knowledge of something which hasn't come up which the physics one allowed you to do.

Overall I never found the quick revision books that useful, that being said the subjects which I focused on didn't really favour that approach. For french I found that what we were learning in class was more than sufficient for preparation for the exam, and if you want some extra phrases and the like the internet was useful.

Advertisement