Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hantol ATX Case with 500W Power Supply

Options
  • 13-11-2011 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hello all,

I am trying to build a gaming pc with a tight budget (no more than €400). My current workhorse computer is a 6-7 year old Acer Aspire 5051 laptop so I don't need mad specs to wow me!:rolleyes:

Most of my purchases will be online (amazon) but I will try to buy any components in Ireland if they are reasonably priced in order to be a bit patriotic in these hard times. :D So far I can only get a 500gb 7200rpm hard drive cheaper in Ireland (via komplett.ie)

peats.ie, which offers free delivery (a plus), offers this interesting Chinese-made PC midi case:

Hantol ATX Case with 500W Power Supply
    http://peats.com/cgi-bin/catalog_v2.cgi?id=28016&type=product

I am not sure if it comes with any fans.

Could it power a PC containing these following parts?:

• AMD Athlon II X2 270 Processor - 3.4 GHz, Socket AM3, AMD64 Technology, Retail Packaged
    • Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Motherboard (Socket AM3+, Up to 16GB DDR3, USB 3.0, uATX)
    • Komputerbay 8GB (2 X 4GB) DDR3 DIMM (240 pin) 1333Mhz PC3 10600 / PC3 10666 9-9-9-25 1.5v 8 GB KIT
    • Hitachi Deskstar P7K500 500GB - Hard Drive
    • Sony AD-5260S-0B 24x Internal DVDRW SATA Black Bare
    • Palit GeForce GTS 450 Graphics Card with Nvidia 3D Vision Ready (1 GB, GDDR5, PCI-E 2.0)

If not, I am going to go for the Elite 330 Mid Tower Chassis (with 1938 600 Watt Black Storm power Supply sata Pci-e)

Love to hear back on any feedback! This will be my first PC build.

Sincerely,

somurray

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

muck case muck
    power supply

what games are u looking to play and what size monitor have u got

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭somurray

Dear massy086,

Thank you for the speedy response.

How is the case "muck"? What should I look out for a good case? Power supply muck as well, is it because it isn't safe enough?

I have a cheapo (but good) 19" monitor from my days in Korea, but being circa 2003 I am thinking of going for a 22-24", hell maybe a 27" That's something I should really consider before buying anything . . . Staring right now into my 14.1" laptop screen even 22" would impress me.

I would like to get games I have bought that I have never got around to playing due to shoddy PCs: Half Life 2, Counter Strike, Team Fortress 2.

I would also like to get Call of Duty 4 and at least be capable of playing today's recent releases and into next 2-3 years. ex: Skyrim, COD MW3, Starcraft 2.

I am more of a noob than a techy, so I don't need (or understand!) overclocking or overtly extensive computering. Just a sound PC that isn't mud.

Sincerely,

somurray

tbh with ur budget u will have a hard time building something good to play on a 22" monitor

[IMG][/img]cheapgame.png Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ok this should do you nicely add 30 euro to price for delivery also get one of these hd,s http://www.adverts.ie/hardware/hitachi-deskstar-e7k500-500gb-sata-hard-drives/1024985

• Advertisement

massy086,

Thanks for going to the bother of creating your alternative list.

Shame I'll have to drop down from 8 to 4 gb ram but X3 core processor looks nice.

Sapphire HD6850 over the Palit GeForce GTS 450, huh?

Everything else looks good, what is the website you've provided? Is it a German one?

Well spotted with the adverts.ie ad on that 500gb hard drive!

Sincerely,

somurray

http://www4.hardwareversand.de/home.jsp is the site and 4 gb is plenty tbh . thats 450 is muck you will be much better off with the 6850

Reviews for the Palit GeForce GTS 450 looked good, how does the Sapphire top it?

Many thanks,

somurray

http://www.hwcompare.com/7739/geforce-gts-450-1gb-vs-radeon-hd-6850/ just to give u an idea trust me the 6850 is a muchhhhh better card

massy086,

The AMD Athlon II X3 425 clocks only at 2.7 GHz; a bit slow for the GPU, no? Should I stick to the dual core processor in my first list (AMD Athlon II X2 270 Processor - 3.4 GHz), I can get it for £51.99 (with free delivery I believe) off Amazon. That, or a faster triple core processor.

I agree with you on the Sapphire; the Palit is pretty good bang for buck but it may be worth stretching out for the Sapphire.

Sincerely,

somurray

• Advertisement

On second thoughs based on research on http://www.cpubenchmark.net/, I can see how the AMD Athlon II X2 425 is great value.

I will get the ASRock motherboard but the slightly dearer one with USB3 to make the PC future proof in that regard.

That's me all set, just need a monitor (22").

Advertisement