Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perth: Short term rentals?

Options
  • 13-11-2011 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, I've gone through recent threads on this subject and I'm wondering if anyone has recent handy links etc.

We're a mature couple (our hostel partying days are over) and we're heading to Perth at the end of the month. We've viewed gumtree and some of the other property websites for long term lets and that's fine, we're satisfied that we'll eventually get something we need.

However in the short term we really need somewhere comfortable and quiet as one of us is starting a job almost immediately near Subiaco and we really don't have time for rental hunting.

We've communicating with a few potentials through the usual websites for a one month rental but the prices are very steep, $2200 for something decent. In the short term that's not a problem but just in case someone knows of somewhere that's better value, then any information is most welcome.

Just to reiterate, our hostels days are over. Nowadays a good night is a good sleep!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

catbear wrote: »
    Hi folks, Nowadays a good night is a good sleep!

I hear ya! Been here over 2 months and I think I've had 2 good nights sleep. :( But we've been moving around quite a bit so very unsettled.

Anyway, try this website, http://www.lets-perth.com/ Simon is a nice guy. There's a "unit" in Currambine on his website which we stayed in. It's reasonably priced (in comparison!) and although more of a granny flat it's very private and the people who live in the main house are lovely. We didn't see them at all for the time we stayed there so it's very private despite being a granny flat. But on the other hand if you want to drop in for a chat that's fine with them too!

I'll pm you with another contact but I think she has bigger places, 3 bedroom houses and are all around $600 - $650 a week.

Advertisement