Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KIDD Ruger 10/22

Options
  • 13-11-2011 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭

Made a few changes to the Ruger 10/2. All that's Ruger now is the action.

KIDD barrel with 11 degree crown, KIDD scaloped bolt with charging handle, KIDD two stage trigger, Boyd Evo stock, Ruger action.

Best group today was near on 1/4" @55y off the bench using just a front 6" harris bi-pod.

f79caf2f.jpgd6b3a243.jpg

48c63581.jpg2e0a3b7b.jpg

OnTarget software results
    OnTargetgroupingresult_2.jpg
    anothergoodgroup.jpg

f4356fef.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Nice,

I hear that changing bolt/barrel really increases the accuracy mainly because origional bolt specs are sh!te

GH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

Hi Clive,

That gun's flipping lovely....do you want to swap..:D
    what would be your starting point for 10/22 upgrade from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Hi Clive,

That gun's flipping lovely....do you want to swap..:D
    what would be your starting point for 10/22 upgrade from scratch.

Triger, trigger, trigger and then a trigger.

You can get the origional trigger tricked out but I'd say bite the bullet and buy a KIDD triger, either a one or two stage unit. It's worth every cent you'll ever pay for one.

The tactical/target Ruger 10/22 has the best trigger out of the box, all the others need extra work on them to give you that little bit of extra something out of them.

Don't go here if you aint got the $$$$$$$$$$$

http://www.coolguyguns.com/

KIDD.jpg

290 for trigger,
    How are they best bought, Direct or ?

• Advertisement

290 for trigger,

Or £294 sterling from here

http://www.rudefatdog.com/kidd.html

Sorry for all the questions now Clive but can you order them for ourselves or do the have to go to a RFD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Very nice mate....
    Tis coming along well

Nice,
    I hear that changing bolt/barrel really increases the accuracy mainly because origional bolt specs are sh!te
    GH

Here's the quote from their website on the bolt:

"**CNC Machined from 4140 tool steel **.0425" headspace **.035 firing pin protrusion **Hardened to 48c Rockwell for durability **"pinned" firing pin for consistent ignition **Radiused and polished for improved cycling **Includes our firing pin and extractor** "

And the firing pin:

"CAD Designed. A2 toolsteel hardened to a proper 55c Rockwell. Precision ground and wire EDM cut holding .0001" tolerance .035" protrusion affords consitent ignition .025" nose provides positive rim indintation."

What is that sig you have?

• Advertisement

dwighet wrote: »
    What is that sig you have?

You read each one with a QR code scaner, my iPhone has the app to read them.
    http://www.qrstuff.com/
    Toyota uses them for the tracking of the manufacturing of their car production. A bar code did not contain enough info.

1st QR say's " LIFE. It's what you have while your waiting to have one"
    2nd QR brings you to my photobucket web page
    3rd QR goes to a google maps link of Kilkenny Castle

clivej wrote: »
    But still below the max set by Boards.ie.

You read each one with a QR code scaner
    http://www.qrstuff.com/

Very good....:cool:

dwighet wrote: »
    Very good....:cool:

They are getting used more and more lately. See them in news papers and on adverts.
    The iPhone will scan the QR code and then it will go directy to what the QR code is about. i.e. website, text, youtube video, google maps location, SMS message, e-mail address, social media site........... etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dax121

that's a nice piece of kit clive. it should do you well in the gallery :D

dax121 wrote: »

We have yet to shoot side-by-side on the line. Looking forward to it. ;)

greg rang me yesterday from RFD my volquartsen carbon fibre barrel is on the way. so next time we meet ill have my 10/22 with me. but after shooting urs with the kidd trigger i was thinking of selling my volquartsen TG2000 and getting a kidd 2stage trigger.

290 for trigger,
    you cant buy direct from kidd :(
    but RFD will get them in for you but expect a wait and their pricey.
    but i shot 2 of them and their a great bit of kit. i hope santy will be good to me this year :D

greg rang me yesterday from RFD my volquartsen carbon fibre barrel is on the way. so next time we meet ill have my 10/22 with me. but after shooting urs with the kidd trigger i was thinking of selling my volquartsen TG2000 and getting a kidd 2stage trigger.

I got 4 new mags as well, I know the one mag that was giving trouble (it always did) so I'll put it up for spare parts.
    So I've 7 mags in total to keep me going.

I was thinking of getting these Butler Creek steel lips 10 round mags @$16. They any good???

hotlips4.jpg

3 can be clipped together

hotlips3.jpg

its the nut behind the but that points it in the right direction though:D:D:D
    It is a nice bit of kit...I have watched it evolve over the last half year an fair play old mate...

nice work..:cool:

clivej wrote: »
    I was thinking of getting these Butler Creek steel lips 10 round mags @$16. They any good???

yes as long as their steel lips they will be fine. i had a 25rnd one and it worked flawless never had a problem with it :cool:

• Advertisement

I was asked about the bullet grouping software I used on the Kidd Ruger 10/22 targets above. It's called On Target
    The free version http://www.ontargetshooting.com/download1.html
    The paid for versionhttp://www.ontargetshooting.com/download.html

ot_logo.png
    OnTarget Precision Calculator is a tool used to accurately measure and analyze bullet hole groups. The target image is imported from a scanner or camera. Target distance and hole size are defined, then circles are positioned over the bullet holes. Group information is automatically calculated and displayed.

Advertisement