Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how to prevent bike from rusting.

• 13-11-2011 7:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

I have my bike about two years now,its starting to rust a bit,what can i do to prevent this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Keep it indoors. Not outdoors. Not in a shed, garage or car park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Clean it occasionally with silicone oil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

fire_man wrote: »
    I have my bike about two years now,its starting to rust a bit,what can i do to prevent this?
    get a can of frame saver spray the inside of the frame .i have no link as to where you can but it but try sjs cycles .uk;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭Al Wright

If the bike frame is rusting it is made from steel, so its progress depends on the grade of steel used. There is nothing much that you can do, store the bike under cover etc., it will be years before it becomes dangerous. I have a 30 year old plain steel bike and over the years cleaned the rust spots and touched up with primer and nearest colour of paint available.
    If the frame is aluminium I assume that some of the fittings are rusting. Many components on mass produced bikes are made from low grade stainless steel, this developes a fine rust coating (tarnish) that generally doesn't progress much beyond the surface

Advertisement