Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up UCD mail on to Outlook 2010

Options
  • 13-11-2011 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

I have been trying to set this up for the last day but it's just not working. I followed the guide provided on the UCD IT site but none to avail. I keep getting an error when I test the setting. Can anyone guide me,so I can get all my UCD mail into Outlook!.Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Well without knowing exactly what has happened (since we can't actually see your laptop/computer), you should contact IT services in the Daedulus. If you have a laptop, call into them. Otherwise maybe take screenshots of what are doing and contact them.

At a guess I'd say it is connected to either your incoming server port or the outgoing server. Maybe when you have completed the steps, check again to see if you still have the right ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭OTNiner

doctorg wrote: »
    I have been trying to set this up for the last day but it's just not working. I followed the guide provided on the UCD IT site but none to avail. I keep getting an error when I test the setting. Can anyone guide me,so I can get all my UCD mail into Outlook!.Thanks

First question is are you staff or student i.e. name@ucd.ie or name@ucdconnect.ie

the instructions provided on the ucd support pages linked are for staff, student mail is now hosted by google

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭doctorg

I have it working! The problem was that you needed to input ports for gmail since thats the UCD mail now!.

Advertisement