Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a real 12 foot Xmass Tree?

Options
  • 13-11-2011 8:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

Im looking for a 12 foot high real Xmass tree this year.

All the garden shops and diy suppliers we have spoken to recently will be only stocking up to 9 feet max height.:(

Does anyone know where we can get a 12 foot high Xmass tree.

Are there any Xmass tree farms that will sell to the public too??

Wicklow or South Dublin area,but willing to travel further,if we must.

Thanks.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,339 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

There's a place in Milltown (opposite the big apartment blocks and Ramleh, not sure of the name of the actual place) that had a fantastic range of trees last year.

Lucky you with space for a 12 ft tree!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Rinker

I'd try kavanaghs Christmas tree farm in Newtownmountkennedy. www.kavanaghchristmastrees.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Rinker wrote: »
    I'd try kavanaghs Christmas tree farm in Newtownmountkennedy. www.kavanaghchristmastrees.ie

Thanks.:)

I wonder if you can pick out a tree there,and cut it down?:confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Cut one down and then ask if you can have a discount because it's broken :D

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Wades Christmas tree farm, near Kettles Hotel in Rolestown (near Swords) Do a huge range all at the same price. You can pick your own and the very friendly lads will cut it down and wrap it for you. Can't find a website/ no. Someone on the Christmas forum might have it. I've been the last few years and it makes a lovely family day out.

There's also a Christmas tree shop beside the roundabout at Bewleys Hotel on the N32 which does very large trees. My wife was none to impressed when they told her that the one I picked out was so big, that they normally only sold that size to hospitals and schools :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

There's a lad on pinnock hill, beside the car scrappers. He had some monsters last year.

Bit of a spin, but not too bad on the m50.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Londonite

Blackrock College/Willow park schools in Blackrock sell Christmas trees for charity every year and have a huge amount of really lovely trees. I definately saw plenty of trees of 12 foot or higher there last year.:)

thanks folks

Wades Christmas tree farm, near Kettles Hotel in Rolestown (near Swords) Do a huge range all at the same price. You can pick your own and the very friendly lads will cut it down and wrap it for you. Can't find a website/ no. Someone on the Christmas forum might have it. I've been the last few years and it makes a lovely family day out.

We bought a 7.5 foot Noble Fir Christmass tree yesterday for 40 euro,from Beaumont Fruit and Veg Shop.I also asked for a 12 footer,but they dont sell them that size.

So we went out to Wades Christmass Tree Farm today to pick out a large Christmass tree.

Im sorry to say this,but,the place was awfull.

Alot of the trees gowing out there,were horrible looking and looked like they were in a nuclear fallout.:eek::(

Anyway,on the way back home we spotted a chap selling trees on the roadside,near Santry.

He brought us out the back of his yard,where he had loads of lovely Noble and Nordman Fir trees up to 14 feet tall.

I managed to get a lovely 12 foot high noble fir tree delievered to my doorstep this evening for 70 euro.
    It was 65 for the tree and 5 to deliever.

Absolute bargain or what.

I gave the lad a tenner tip too,just to say Merry Christmass.:)

Merry Christmass everyone.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭dbyrne

milltown, but be prepared to dig out all the trees at the back and to cut them out of their wraps. dont let anoy of the lads help you, they are ok but they try sell the easy ones at the front. biught 10 - 14 ft trees there for the last 10 years or more, once changed to somewhere else but went back to them the following year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

paddy147 wrote: »
    So we went out to Wades Christmass Tree Farm today to pick out a large Christmass tree.

Im sorry to say this,but,the place was awfull.

Alot of the trees gowing out there,were horrible looking and looked like they were in a nuclear fallout.:eek::(

Sorry to hear that, they've been great the last 2 years, mustn't of planted enough new ones to be ready for this year. I'm due to go out next weekend so I better not psych the kids up too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 theresewright

Hi Paddy,

So did you get the guys number by any chance? I'd love a 12 - 14ft tree, but don't know where to get one. Or where exactly was he in Santry. Did he have many large trees? Thanks, Therese

Hi Paddy,

So did you get the guys number by any chance? I'd love a 12 - 14ft tree, but don't know where to get one. Or where exactly was he in Santry. Did he have many large trees? Thanks, Therese

Chaps name is Brian and he runs the little fruit and veg shop beside the Boston Bakery in Beaumont.

When we got the 12 foot tree of him,he had around 10 large trees of that size left.:)

Advertisement