Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveling with baby/toddler

Options
  • 13-11-2011 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    My little woman is 5 months old now but I've began looking to the future and I'd really love to bring her traveling around Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Sri Lanka for a couple of months when she is about 2.
    Is this a mad notion? I don't want to put her at risk or anything so would gladly be open to less "exotic" options, like maybe interailing.
    Have any of you experience in anything like this I'd be delighted to hear from you.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

Personally I think kids need stability, at the age of 2 this kind of travelling could be too much for her.

I guess if it's for not too long it could be ok, but then again im about to be a Dad for the first time myself - so im no expert - be interesting to hear what other say though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Rinker

Hi Carme
    only you will be able to decide on how your little girl will take to the long journeys. However you'll find that travelling with children can be a hugely rewarding experience. You get a special kind of welcome travelling with children. Some friends are just back from a year long round the world trip with 2 small children (south America,Japan, Indonesia, Middle East, Eastern Europe). They say the welcome in the arab countries was especially warm. Its probably because If you're the opportunity to do it and your girl doesn't hate the car seat I'd definitely go for it.

Advertisement