Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DLS Choir on RTE

• 13-11-2011 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

Ok...they all looked a bit goofy (but didn't we all at that age) but they were top notch. Hopefully they'll do well now.

(RTE1 now)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Gwon brother Ben ya mad thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Bugger - missed it! :mad:

Brother Ben is some legend. I had him for religion in DLS and he was just the wisest, most chilled-out man ever.

I hope they did him proud!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

The lads did very well in fairness to them. I didn't hear the winning choir's performance but they didn't sound great at the end at all. Could probably forgive them that due to the excitement of having won.

Marvellous achievement to get that far and just reward for Ben. He's turned that place into an environment that really nurtures musical talent. I was in the first music class he taught after coming back from the States about 14 years ago. He set the choir back up and made it fun.

So well done to him and his choir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Being a mount sioner I just thought they all looked goofy. ;-)

A great effort though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

missed the show tonight but i'll catch it on the rte player- br. ben was one of the most influential people i've met to date.i only had him for 6 months in transition year but it's a time i'll never forget.for a teacher to promote originality and freedom of opinion was so refreshing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

+97999345 on Br Ben a gentleman of the highest order , he taught my three lads ,one of them was in the choir last night and all of them are better people for it, both the love of music he instilled in them but also the genuine and open way he treated them, he made choral singing cool with teenagers and that is some feat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Being a mount sioner I just thought they all looked goofy. ;-)

A great effort though.
    Being from the slaughterhouse like myself you would think that way,but then again that's what abuse does to people.I thought they were very good but were well beaten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

True :-(

Advertisement