Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying laptop advice?

• 13-11-2011 8:19pm

Any advice on buying a laptop? I've gone through 3 laptops now from Dell. I've never bought from anywhere else. I check the Bargain Alerts forum every day and there's never good deals on laptops. I also never see different laptops getting good reviews or recommendations. I was looking at buying a laptop off Amazon this time.

My current laptop from Dell cost €1000. To be honest I don't really do that much besides surfing and listening to music. It has a 17 inch screen though so I'd like the same again. I want a desktop replacement really since I don't move around much with it at all (just from different rooms of the house).

Any advice/recommendations/tips? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

This thread I started last week should be of interest to you.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056444361

Especially the first few posts, there is links posted my Hal Emmerich which you can look at.

Apart from that, if you can wait a few days Dell should have an coupon code available to use and with one of those you should get another good deal on a 17" XPS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Samsung Series 7 Chronos perhaps? Due to be released around next week.

Sleek Aluminium body
    Thin and light
    Nearly 8 hours of battery life
    Quad core Sandybridge i7
    8GB RAM
    6750M 1GB dedicated graphics
    750GB HDD + 8GB SSD ExpressCache
    Backlit Keyboard

All for around €1000.

Advertisement