Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Boat

• 13-11-2011 8:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭

Was just sitting here thinking

How many people post here for boat advise,LOADS that's what's it's for ok
    How many people that post here that have a good bit of knowledge about boats,LOADS
    How many people that own their own boat,LOADS
    How many people that don't own there own boat,LOADS

well wouldn't it be nice for everyone to bunch in and get an oul project of a boat,maybe around the 20 footer mark a bit of a small cruiser job,we all meaning who wants in,to throw a few quid together to do this,personally i would love to see it happen,of course we would need....

A treasure,someone that can be trusted,not naming anyone beginning with T or F lol

see how much we could up with,i mean ya wouldn't have to throw a great amount in,like donations or whatever for whatever it needs,also we can help out with the workmanship,painting whatever it takes

just a thought,what do you guys and girls think

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

I think most boat owners have a hard enough time keeping their own boats on the water these days :D
    I will be starting a 30-40 ft boat project in the next year or so and will gladly call it BOARDS.IE if you give me the money to fund it ;)
    The thing about boat sharing is that everyone will want it on the one sunny weekend of the year :D and on a cold winters night when a storm blows up you may not find many offers to go and check on her.
    I'm all for helping anyone who wants build or restore a boat but that person has to have a real passion to do the job, if it's done as a group effort you will find that one or two will put in the work and the rest will put in a half hearted effort and expect the same return.
    I wouldn't give that F fella any money to look after he would be straight out to buy more mahogany.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭icedtea

Fergal got any idea what the boat will be?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

icedtea wrote: »
    Fergal got any idea what the boat will be?

My son has CP and is in a wheelchair full time and my wife has MS and is in and out of a wheelchair so I am looking for something that I can cut the back off and add ramps it also has to have a double doors into a large open cabin on the same level, I don't need any kitchen or fridge so that can all come out to make room also my son is in nappies so I don't need to adapt the toilet the two that I found so far that I think will work are the powles 33 and the broom sedan or something similar thats cheep in bad shape and needs a refit:D If any one can come up with photos of other makes of boats that they think will do I would love to see them please. I tried to hire a wheelchair adapted boat this summer but there are none in Ireland:eek: so this is the only we can get on the water as a family, I hope to sell my two boats when they are finished to help pay for this project. Well thats the plan :D

Powles
    010.jpg
    012.jpg

broom
    3132093d.jpg

3132093g.jpg
    3132093c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19 WillieDonal

Guys,
    Anyone got experience of the Pilothouse 630 and how would it compare to the Warrior 175?
    Thanks,
    WD

Guys,
    Anyone got experience of the Pilothouse 630 and how would it compare to the Warrior 175?
    Thanks,
    WD

Hi Willie, you might get more answers if you start your own post on the forum with a title like "pilothouse 630 or Warrior 175" as owners of these boats may not look in here.:)

Ps. I like the pilothouse 630 :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement