Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phone unlocking

Options
  • 13-11-2011 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

how soon after buying a pay as you go/prepay mobile can it be unlocked.... and who should i go to unlock it... or are there web based companys willing to do the same... when i mean unlocked... i mean that i want tha phone to accept a different sim card..... ie from meteor to 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

If you are on payg, you will have to have a minimum spend. Different for each provider. If you are in a hurry, try www.fastgsm.com. They charge around 20 US dollars and will do it via email in about 30 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭andyone

If you are on payg, you will have to have a minimum spend. Different for each provider. If you are in a hurry, try www.fastgsm.com. They charge around 20 US dollars and will do it via email in about 30 mins.

thank you. . . so pay the twenty dollars. . and it will be unlocked. . .

when you say minimum spend. . once that is put through the phone how would you go about unlocking it then. .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

andyone wrote: »
    thank you. . . so pay the twenty dollars. . and it will be unlocked. . . YEP

when you say minimum spend. . once that is put through the phone how would you go about unlocking it then. .

Ask your provider to tell you how much you have spent on the phone. Depending on the provider, you may get away with as little as €130. If your spend exceeds the threshold, you provider MUST give you the unlock code on request from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

+1..

I used fastgsm a few weeks ago,,and it was a fantastic service.

It worked out at €15.03 and got the email back in less than 30 mins.

Phone working perfect since.

Advertisement