Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motherboard Bundle

Options
  • 13-11-2011 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

i had a pc with an MSI KA780GM which has served me well over the last 2 years. i think i was running an amd 2 processor (its been a while since i built it and 4gb ram ddr2).

in the last week basically, my usb controller has disappeared. as a result, i cannot boot into bios, and the only way to use usb is via vlc (which i had installed) and incontrol over wifi with my iphone.

windows does not recognise any usb device, no registration at all. i dont have native ps2 keyboard, and i had a usb keyboard which i plugged into a ps2/usb adapter to connect to the ps2 port on the computer, but no joy either.

so i think basically that the motherboard usb controller is gone and i need a new motherboard/cpu/ram to go with all of that. ive got a good psu that i bought (i think its 800W) if im not mistaken, and it takes care fine of my

1. 2tb hdd
    2. 1tb hdd
    3. 500gb hdd
    4. 250gb hdd

im looking at a few options, and as much as possible, i dont want to spend a lot of money, say less than 200 euros total. ill remain with AMD as its cheap.

im going to try and "borrow" a ps2 keyboard from work tomorrow and see if it helps in any way. i bought a pci usb card, but windows did not fully load and now it loads to the screen "press enter to continue system resume / try booting anyway" screen. i cant press enter, so im out of my computer at the moment.

my requirements
    1. Cheap.
    2. HDMI video and audio out as it is connected to my tv and i watch shows on it.
    3. Quiet ( i think i had an Akasa thermal cooler or something like that on the stock amd chip - and not the stock fan, this makes it quieter).
    4. as little power as possible (it remains on most of the time - the hard disks do spin down when not used).
    5. fast shipping.

the one motherboard im looking at is:
    http://www3.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=38555&agid=1292

could anybody suggest cheap CPU/RAM to go with motherboards being suggested?

it basically ressembles my KA780GM in what it has available. I need at least 5 SATA ports - what does the (RAID) mean?

Thanks for helping

Advertisement